5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Choosing Best Tonneau Cover

clarkehaven

Reaction score
What are the odds that they sent you one for a 5'7" bed, and are just too stubborn to exchange it?

It was not quite THAT short......That was back in July and the part # was correct but I don't think they had shipped many. Even when I shifted the cover far enough to the rear to eliminate the tail gate gap the frame kept the tailgate from closing properly.....all in all not engineered while at all. They may have corrected it but they have not offered to replace mine

ET32913

Reaction score
I just installed the Truck Gear by Line-X tri-fold from my 2015 onto my 2019. The fit seems like it’s the same between gen 4 and gen 5 beds. My bed was already wet from the night before I installed it so I’ll know how well/bad it seals over the next few days.

Overall, I love this cover. It sealed fairly well on my gen 4. The low-profile look is awesome. I hate having to open it before shutting the tailgate though...every single time EC931116-64AB-476A-8B09-582AAA94D97A.jpeg

Reaction score
I bought a Truxedo Pro-X15 cover for my 2019 with a 6'4" bed...….it does NOT fit....too short .....have a choice......massive gap at front or back or smaller gap at both front AND back. Obliviously it does not keep the bed dry. Several weeks of run around from manufacturer wanting me to measure the bed over and over again....finally said the bed "probably "was not a standard measurement bed

I Do not recommend these.....maybe another product from truxedo but not the Pro X15

Yikes! That sucks. I just ordered a Pro X15 for my 5.7 bed just last week. I hope I don't have the same problem.

tcw3628

Reaction score
I got the Bakflip MX4 from Morrie at Tonneau Favtory Outlet for $840, as well as a BedRug Classic for $360.

Last edited:

clarkehaven

Reaction score
Yikes! That sucks. I just ordered a Pro X15 for my 5.7 bed just last week. I hope I don't have the same problem.

I really like the cover (except for not fitting) the installation was simple and the overall quality is very good. If it fits you will be happy with it. It seems that the 5'7" beds are much more popular and more accessories are available for them. for Instance....You can't order a Leer fiberglass cap for a 6'4" bed but you can for a 5'7"

Reaction score
I really like the cover (except for not fitting) the installation was simple and the overall quality is very good. If it fits you will be happy with it. It seems that the 5'7" beds are much more popular and more accessories are available for them. for Instance....You can't order a Leer fiberglass cap for a 6'4" bed but you can for a 5'7"

As a follow-up, received and installed my Truxedo Pro X-15 this weekend. Went on my 2019 Rebel w/ 5.7 bed. Fit great, in fact I'd say it was tight. It was very sensitive to forward an aft positioning of the bed rails. Too far forward and seal would miss tail gate but too far back and I couldn't close the cover with the tailgate up. And "too far" is about 1/4 inch either way. Once fiddled it a bit it fit great. And it looks excellent with the low profile and woven fabric matte material. We'll see how it does keeping water out.

TurdFerguson

Reaction score
Anyone doing anything to seal the tailgate? Any problem with water coming up from the road during heavy rain?

Reaction score
Ordered the UnderCover Ultra Flex today for my Limited for $800 shipped and they threw in a free tailgate seal. I like the bed lighting and carpeted underside the Ultra Flex offers.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone doing anything to seal the tailgate? Any problem with water coming up from the road during heavy rain?

Regardless of the brand you get, I don't think they will ever be water-tight just from what you ask. There are gaps in and around the tailgate. My Mopar branded Bakflipis tight against all the surfaces it touches. The area between the tailgate and bedside is not water-tight. Mine has sat out in our Florida downpours and for the most part it stays dry. I do get a couple of small puddles in the rear corners but nothing of consequence.

Brady_SS

Reaction score
Regardless of the brand you get, I don't think they will ever be water-tight just from what you ask. There are gaps in and around the tailgate. My Mopar branded Bakflipis tight against all the surfaces it touches. The area between the tailgate and bedside is not water-tight. Mine has sat out in our Florida downpours and for the most part it stays dry. I do get a couple of small puddles in the rear corners but nothing of consequence.

My Undercover Flex works this way as well. I'm still trying to find some suitable rear stake pocket covers to stop the mild leaks that occur there. I've also ordered a cheap tailgate seal to see if that will help. The amount of water I do have leaking in is not enough to cause me grief.

btsomaha

Reaction score
I would not get a Retrax, selling mine for a 2019 Ram Laramie and getting a DiamondBack cover.

wolf1776

Reaction score
82215225AB.jpg
I have a hook up and can get the Mopar Folding Cover #82215227AB for $675 + tax or should I spend the extra money and get the BakFlip MX4? They look almost the same...

Users who are viewing this thread