5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chirp/Squeak Noise

Ccroce

Reaction score
Hi there! We would be happy to assist alongside your dealer in order to resolve this for you. Feel free to follow up with us in a private message with your VIN for further support - we would be happy to help!

Kathryn
Ram Cares
PM sent Thursday - thanks.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My 21 ram rebel with a MDH of 0912xx. Only 800 miles on it and I’ve already developed this “chirp.”
We would be happy to discuss this further with your via private messages as well, Matt. We are very sorry to hear that this concern has developed in your new Ram, and would like to find a resolution for you alongside your dealer. We look forward to assisting you,

Kathryn
Ram Cares

Ccroce

Reaction score
We would be happy to discuss this further with your via private messages as well, Matt. We are very sorry to hear that this concern has developed in your new Ram, and would like to find a resolution for you alongside your dealer. We look forward to assisting you,

Kathryn
Ram Cares
Sent PM on 1/21 with no response to date...

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sent PM on 1/21 with no response to date...
Our sincere apologies, @Ccroce! Unfortunately there were some technical difficulties in receiving your message on our end. We did just have the chance to follow up and are happy to assist you.

Kathryn
Ram Cares

mas3423

Reaction score
I ended up fixing it myself and getting reimbursed by FCA after so many failed attempts at the dealer. What i did was buy new hardware clips and used brake lube on the hardware. its now been over a year with no more n
I ended up fixing it myself and getting reimbursed by FCA after so many failed attempts at the dealer. What i did was buy new hardware clips and used brake lube on the hardware. its now been over a year with no more noise.
This is great news! Can you please provide part numbers of what hardware clips you used and where you purchased from. Thank you!

Ccroce

Reaction score
TSB addressed by dealer but still no resolution. Chirp/squeak is still louder than ever. The shop foreman and service manager both couldn’t hear it because it’s so high-pitched and they’re “advanced age” so they sent their youngest employee (a 19-year-old) on a ride a long with me and he heard it right away. They agreed to fix it but they have no idea what the problem is. Foreman currently reading forums/discussion boards to find more info... frustrating.

Woody8740

Reaction score
TSB addressed by dealer but still no resolution. Chirp/squeak is still louder than ever. The shop foreman and service manager both couldn’t hear it because it’s so high-pitched and they’re “advanced age” so they sent their youngest employee (a 19-year-old) on a ride a long with me and he heard it right away. They agreed to fix it but they have no idea what the problem is. Foreman currently reading forums/discussion boards to find more info... frustrating.

The TSB correction isn't the appropriate correction for this problem. I had grease applied to my original brake pads that were chirping and the problem went away for 2 weeks, but returned. I had new pads with different anti-rattle clips installed on the truck. This problem was prevalent with the 2019 models according to my service advisor and was a problem with my 2020 Bighorn NE.

Woody8740

Reaction score
1614213779228.png

Here is a copy of my work order with the part number for the new pads that I had installed. I have been squeak free since this work was completed.

Ccroce

Reaction score
View attachment 83835

Here is a copy of my work order with the part number for the new pads that I had installed. I have been squeak free since this work was completed.
Thanks for sharing. I’m embarrassed to admit that the problem went away after I reinstalled my factory muffler and got rid of the Flowmaster FlowFX one. I suspect air was seeping out of a small crack in the aftermarket muffler and either causing or contributing to the chirping sound. All is quiet now.

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I’m embarrassed to admit that the problem went away after I reinstalled my factory muffler and got rid of the Flowmaster FlowFX one. I suspect air was seeping out of a small crack in the aftermarket muffler and either causing or contributing to the chirping sound. All is quiet now.
The Flowmaster FlowFX has nothing to do with the issue IMO. I waited to install the same muffler after I've taken my RAM in for the chirping brake noise twice. The chirp reappeared two weeks after the last trip to the dealer. The sound then disappeared after I had the muffler installed and a month of extremely cold weather. Out of curiosity and upper 50's today, the windows came down. Guess what's back...the chirp!!

Reaction score
I'm laughing now that there is a TSB that states that lubing will solve the issue. That's exactly what the dealer performed the last time I took it in and the chirp is back. Lubing the clips is a temporary "band-aid" solution. It is not a permanent fix. I've had the pads replacement and the clips lubed. Same ol' problem on a 6-month old truck.

Woody8740

Reaction score
I'm laughing now that there is a TSB that states that lubing will solve the issue. That's exactly what the dealer performed the last time I took it in and the chirp is back. Lubing the clips is a temporary "band-aid" solution. It is not a permanent fix. I've had the pads replacement and the clips lubed. Same ol' problem on a 6-month old truck.
This is exactly how I felt with my truck. Look at my service slip that I posted with the part number of the new pads that I had installed back in September of 2020. I have been squeak free for the last 6 months since I had these pads installed.

Ccroce

Reaction score
The Flowmaster FlowFX has nothing to do with the issue IMO. I waited to install the same muffler after I've taken my RAM in for the chirping brake noise twice. The chirp reappeared two weeks after the last trip to the dealer. The sound then disappeared after I had the muffler installed and a month of extremely cold weather. Out of curiosity and upper 50's today, the windows came down. Guess what's back...the chirp!!
Maybe a different kind of “chirp” but confirmed that the FlowFX rusted out after just a few months and cracked at the seams. Air was escaping which made a little chirping noise at the right RPMs. No issues since reinstalling the factory muffler and removing the Flowmaster junk.

Attachments

• D8C9799F-07A9-42BD-A17D-5F82DE19D0EA.jpeg
    D8C9799F-07A9-42BD-A17D-5F82DE19D0EA.jpeg
    201.6 KB · Views: 21
Reaction score
Maybe a different kind of “chirp” but confirmed that the FlowFX rusted out after just a few months and cracked at the seams. Air was escaping which made a little chirping noise at the right RPMs. No issues since reinstalling the factory muffler and removing the Flowmaster junk.
Sorry to hear that. Thanks for telling me about the muffler. I'd better check mine and keep an eye on it.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OEM #
68159523AC - got it at the local dealer.
I've been band-aiding mine with lube since I bought the truck, and have no interest in waiting 2 weeks for a dealer to tell me they did the same thing. For this part number do I need one for each side, or does it include enough clips for both sides?

Mannyman

Reaction score
I've been band-aiding mine with lube since I bought the truck, and have no interest in waiting 2 weeks for a dealer to tell me they did the same thing. For this part number do I need one for each side, or does it include enough clips for both sides?
that is the part number for 1. You will need to purchase a total of 8.

Rjshoaff1

Reaction score
I think I’m starting to get the “chirps”!!! Have we come up with a solution for this yet?

Eagle85

Reaction score
I too am having a chirp or cricket sound coming from the front end. It will not happen when the parking brake is applied and/or the vehicle is in park. I only hear it with the window down during light to moderate braking. When I brake hard, I hear a slight noise as if it is pushing through the squeaky part. I originally thought it sounded like hydraulic fluid moving through the caliper as if there may be a blockage or debris in the line. Is this similar to anyone else's issue? Hard to really diagnose alone... the sound is similar to the video posted earlier in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread