5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channels skipping when changing with steering wheel control

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Our team is currently working on the update for this and we anticipate it being available in the coming weeks. We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this concern.

Sarah
Ram Cares

Limited2021

Reaction score
Not using it has worked to keep my blood pressure down. It’s so frustrating that I’ve had the truck for 7 months and it still isn’t fixed. I just got accustomed to ignoring the buttons are there.

Yep this is what I had to do as well!

noirot

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Our team is currently working on the update for this and we anticipate it being available in the coming weeks. We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this concern.

Sarah
Ram Cares

How much longer are we talking? It’s been about 7 months.

Not being sarcastic. Really would love to know if they are in the final stages of testing or just realizing that it needs to be fixed. There are so many items left out and feels like a less finished product than my 2017 Grand Cherokee had for the radio. And now that there is a new version, I’m feeling like they will never update (other than maps) because it’s not current.

Peebs1021

Reaction score
Agreed. Mine has been doing the same thing since receiving an OTA update last summer. Worked perfectly fine before the update.

Louhound88

Reaction score
Yeah so this morning I was using bluetooth and realized that the left hand up and down buttons worked just fine. So my theory of the buttons sticking doesn't work. It's strictly sirius xm for me.

jbs45

Reaction score
I tried that with less pressure & touching other parts of the left side buttons, didn't help.
You're right about volume controls on the right side, they are accurate & no issues.

Tdmva21

Reaction score
6 days and 711 miles into this truck and the steering wheel controls started doing this same thing. Sporadic but occurs.

noirot

Reaction score
6 days and 711 miles into this truck and the steering wheel controls started doing this same thing. Sporadic but occurs.

10 months and 21,000 miles, it’s still doing it here.

Corrected miles.

Last edited:

Joe_Lake

Reaction score
Update the system to 39.9

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

noirot

Reaction score
Update the system to 39.9

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
The uconnect site says I'm on the most updated version. The radio shows 21.14.14 for uconnect 12.

Are you from the future? :)

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

Straightener

Reaction score
The 39.9 update is posted here.
Post in thread 'Ongoing "Wi-Fi connected, no internet" issues' Ongoing "Wi-Fi connected, no internet" issues

This is GOLD. Thanks so much for pointing us to the information. Just performed the update. Problem FINALLY fixed after 9 months of irritation.

And @RamCares - thanks for NOTHING. Not only did you ignore my PM about this, you posted on April 6 that a fix was "in the works". Great follow through NOT letting people know this was (apparently) resolved after mentioning the potential update. Great customer service for people who spent 60k+ on your vehicles... And it speaks to the lousy service I received at the dealership when they claimed they couldn't replicate the issue to begin with...

noirot

Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks for posting, I missed this update! Will be updating in the AM.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This is GOLD. Thanks so much for pointing us to the information. Just performed the update. Problem FINALLY fixed after 9 months of irritation.

And @RamCares - thanks for NOTHING. Not only did you ignore my PM about this, you posted on April 6 that a fix was "in the works". Great follow through NOT letting people know this was (apparently) resolved after mentioning the potential update. Great customer service for people who spent 60k+ on your vehicles... And it speaks to the lousy service I received at the dealership when they claimed they couldn't replicate the issue to begin with...
Hello Straightener,

Thank you for grabbing our attention, we do apologize for not being able to act fast enough on your response for this whole situation. We do appreciate your feedback as we are doing our best to improve. Please reach out to us directly if you want to discuss any further concerns with your vehicle. We would be happy to assist.

William
Ram Cares

Bl@ck_R@M_21

Reaction score
OP here. Finally working the way it should after the dealership did some updates for me while I was there for another issue. Came on here to say this and I see the past few replies it has been discovered. Glad to see there is a fix for everyone experiencing this PIA issue!

Users who are viewing this thread