5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channels skipping when changing with steering wheel control

Bl@ck_R@M_21

Reaction score
Anybody's channels on XM skipping when you use the steering wheel control to change channels ? Seem like it started recently, maybe from an update ?

Rlandon

Reaction score
Mine does it as well. I go from CH 37 to 43 with a single press of the back steering wheel button. I haven't tried this but press the talk button and tell it your channel number. It's supposed to work?? I'll try it myself next time I go for a drive.

Rlandon

Reaction score
Tried it today and the front "talk" button on the steering wheel does change the channel on XM. Now to remember all the channel numbers.

Bl@ck_R@M_21

Reaction score
Ok so I'm not the only one here. How would I go about making a complaint so they can issue a fix ?

esta1701

Reaction score
You don't need to know the channel number with the speech control. You can say "Change channel to Road Trip Radio" or I even sometimes have luck just saying "Road Trip Radio"

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
Ours did this for a couple of days and my sweetie complained to me about it. But then it went back to working correctly. On our recent road trip, there was no issue at all and I was constantly changing SiriusXM stations between songs using the steering wheel controls.

Bl@ck_R@M_21

Reaction score
Just an update on my issue. It went from skipping a couple channels to skipping 15-20 channels. That's unacceptable!
Im thinking of disconnecting the battery to reset back to default. Ill keep you guys posted.

Ros

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ugh, hearing this happens on new trucks makes me sad. I had the 8.4 NAV on a 2012 Grand Cherokee and a 2015 Cherokee and they did the same thing (even with radio presets) plus, when changing tracks on a USB stick sometimes instead of advancing to the next track it would start the same track over. No software update ever fixed it. I thought it was the buttons wearing out since I used them a TON but it looks like this is a more systematic issue. This hasn't happened to mine yet (non NAV 8.4) but I'll be watching for it and any solution!

Straightener

Reaction score
Add me to the list here. Just upgraded from a ‘19 Bighorn to a ‘21 Rebel with the 12” display. Thought I was going nuts. Hope this is a software issue versus a defect with the steering wheel button.

Velocity

Reaction score
Mine started doing this in the last week or so too. Came here to see if any others are experiencing it. I see it’s a common issue right now.

noirot

Reaction score
Having the same issue with my ‘21 Rebel. Only 2 weeks old. Frustrating to change the channel!

Adding: Has anyone else also had the issue that when you turn on the car it always plays the preview channel for a second then switches to the channel you were on when you left the car? Also an annoyance.

Bl@ck_R@M_21

Reaction score
Has anyone else also had the issue that when you turn on the car it always plays the preview channel for a second then switches to the channel you were on when you left the car? Also an annoyance.
Its happened a couple times but not often.

worm1028

Reaction score
Happening to me as well. Seems to be an issue after the upgrade last month.

noirot

Reaction score
@RamCares is there any discussion about correcting this buggy update for the Uconnect system? It’s a small issue, however really frustrating.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi there-- we see you might be experiencing some concerns with your Uconnect system. If you're still experiencing these concerns and would like us to look into it for you, please don't hesitate to send us a private message with your VIN and any additional details/documentation that will help me get a better understanding of your situation.

Thanks in advance,

Courtney
Ram Cares

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What some of you may be experiencing is not an issue with the radio but an enhancement. Have any of you checked in the Setting under the Sirius XM area as you can lock out channels so they don’t appear. For example, one might lock out Howard Stern if your worried about your kids hearing something inappropriate. Could it be some if your channels are locked out and you need to re-enable them? Just a thought…

noirot

Reaction score
What some of you may be experiencing is not an issue with the radio but an enhancement. Have any of you checked in the Setting under the Sirius XM area as you can lock out channels so they don’t appear. For example, one might lock out Howard Stern if your worried about your kids hearing something inappropriate. Could it be some if your channels are locked out and you need to re-enable them? Just a thought…

I’d like to say you’re right, however not in my case. I have the platinum package. I can tune to all channels with the tune knob or using my finger. When I use the button behind the steering wheel, it randomly goes up or down 1 channel or skips 5 channels. I can’t figure out the correlation. Quick clicks, different channel skips.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’d like to say you’re right, however not in my case. I have the platinum package. I can tune to all channels with the tune knob or using my finger. When I use the button behind the steering wheel, it randomly goes up or down 1 channel or skips 5 channels. I can’t figure out the correlation. Quick clicks, different channel skips.
I too have the Platinum Package however if there is a channel locked out then I cannot even get to that XM channel by turning the dial knob or the buttons in the back of the steering wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online