5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changed Dash Speakers To Kickers...WOW!

Nibis

Reaction score
Is crutchfield the only place that carries this 72-6515 adapter? Why does everywhere keep directing me to the 72-6614 adapter? Anyone know the difference?
They are the only place I have found that has them. I just did my front speakers today, and the 72-6515 worked perfect.

Nibis

Reaction score
Front doors? What speaker did you use?
expand...
Dash: Infinity Ref 3022 3.5” 2 ways
Front Doors: Infinity Ref 9630 6x9” Components (used only the woofers)
Rear Doors: Infinity Reference 9633 6x9 3 ways

Be careful pulling the front door panel off, start near the door hinge , make the area by the door latch last. I did the spot by the door latch first, and the door panel is two parts, plastic welded at that point. I broke the weld and had to epoxy it

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Be careful pulling the front door panel off, start near the door hinge , make the area by the door latch last. I did the spot by the door latch first, and the door panel is two parts, plastic welded at that point. I broke the weld and had to epoxy it
So work clockwise from by the hinge taking it off? I ordered the same speakers for my doors as well. Already did the dash and headliner ones

Nibis

Reaction score
So work clockwise from by the hinge taking it off? I ordered the same speakers for my doors as well. Already did the dash and headliner ones
Yes, start hinge side, down low, left corner.

How hard were the rear roof speaker grill to get off?

ny2az

Reaction score
l started with just the center channel speaker in my HK system and was disappointed with the outcome... l found that the infinity speaker was not as loud as the stock speaker ... while tunes were playing ... l would switch back and forth to see if l was correct that the stock speakers actually sounded louder .... l also did it with the right side dash speaker as well and same outcome ... :(

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
I have been a fan of Hifonics equipment for years so, when I saw these:
Hifonics Alpha HA35CX
Amazon link

for less than $20 on Amazon, I figured what the hell.

My 2019 Rebel has the Alpine system.
I replaced the dash left and right today and immediately noticed much crisper highs and vocals with no loss of mid/low.
Ordered another set so I can replace the center channel and will have a cool looking paperweight left over for my desk.

Cannot compare to anything other than the factory stock speakers.

As I mentioned, I have been a fan of Hifonics equipment for about 30 years. They aren't available at the "big box" stores and really do not do much advertising so, they do not get the kudos that they deserve.
Thankfully, Hifonics speakers and amps are available on Amazon, quite often at bargain prices.

I recently used a pair of Hifonics 10 dual voice coil shallow subs in my Polaris Slingshot. Another group member was so impressed with the sound and build quality, he scrapped his big box brand subs and bought the same as mine. The difference was night and day.

I will check exact impedance of these 3.5" tomorrow after the second pair arrives.

Update:
Confirmed impedance of 3.2 ohm
Before you bought these Alphas, did you look into the Zeus model? Just curious because of the Amazon reviews.

Nibis

Reaction score
PSA,
When pulling the door panels, start on the inside, down low. I did my drivers door in the location circled in this picture. These two parts are plastic spot welded together. I was pulling at the door latch because it's easy to get a pry tool in that location. When the bottom part let go, the top part stayed attached to the door and separated from the bottom. Lucky I had some 30 minute epoxy and was able to slap some on and clamp it while doing the other door.

Door panel.JPG

MikeyLikey619

Reaction score
Can someone help me with this situation...

I have a 2020 Etorque 1500 bighorn with the alpine 8 speaker +sub. What I’d like to do is make the sound quality better and make it louder. Right now at almost top volume it’s not even that loud. I thought it was just me then my wife said her Jeep 2018 grand Cherokee is louder which after testing it... it is! My 2018 Durango with Dre bears sound system was louder and better too.

So better sound at higher levels and ability to go higher volume is my goal. I don’t really want more bass. I’d also like to keep this a cost effective project too.

chithead

Reaction score
PSA,
When pulling the door panels, start on the inside, down low. I did my drivers door in the location circled in this picture. These two parts are plastic spot welded together. I was pulling at the door latch because it's easy to get a pry tool in that location. When the bottom part let go, the top part stayed attached to the door and separated from the bottom. Lucky I had some 30 minute epoxy and was able to slap some on and clamp it while doing the other door.

View attachment 53594

Same thing happened to me...

Nibis

Reaction score
Can someone help me with this situation...

I have a 2020 Etorque 1500 bighorn with the alpine 8 speaker +sub. What I’d like to do is make the sound quality better and make it louder. Right now at almost top volume it’s not even that loud. I thought it was just me then my wife said her Jeep 2018 grand Cherokee is louder which after testing it... it is! My 2018 Durango with Dre bears sound system was louder and better too.

So better sound at higher levels and ability to go higher volume is my goal. I don’t really want more bass. I’d also like to keep this a cost effective project too.
What volume level are you at, anywhere from 18 to 24 is pretty good. Also if using bluetooth, make sure the volume on the phone is all the way up

MikeyLikey619

Reaction score
What volume level are you at, anywhere from 18 to 24 is pretty good. Also if using bluetooth, make sure the volume on the phone is all the way up
Ya it’s not that. Level 30-32 was like level 20-22 on my Dodge Durango. It’s not super low it’s not just the loud in looking for. If i can turn it to top volume and it doesn’t offend my hyper sensitive brother there is a problem.

M Rob

Reaction score
Long time troll first time posting !!! Overall great info . I have a question on this.
when you installed just the woofers from the 9630 was it still plug and play with the metro adapters ? Or did you have to mess with wiring the crossover ?
Also , can you ( or anyone) help me decide or explain if it would be worth it to go with the infinity reference
9630 and just install the woofers like you did ($249 on crutch field) vs the infinity reference 9632ix 6x9 “ 2 way ( $119 )?

My plan before reading this thread was to do nothing lol but if I can “ plug and play “ for a couple hundred bucks without adding an amp ( I know that would be real way to go about things) I figured what the hell!!! Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread