5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changed Dash Speakers To Kickers...WOW!

Nibis

Reaction score
I installed the CDT Speakers yesterday ( https://www.cdtaudio.com/2ohm/subwoofers-2ohm/cl69s2.php. ) and did some sound dampening.

No issues with ANC. I checked the polarity of the stock speakers and matched it with the new speakers , interestingly enough all my stock speakers were in + phase ( outward movement of cone) , which contradicted what speaker pop app said.

This is what I used , got it on amazon. Made it very simple and took out the guess work. I wanted to make absolutely sure I was hooking it up correctly.

PAC TL-PTG2 Tone Generator and... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0072LHMME?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Overall , I am pleased. Sounds has improved in quality , not much louder if any (didn’t expect for it to be since it’s still on the stock amp ). It did improve bass some ... but not enough for me , I’ll be adding some subs later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have found it really depends on what you listen to. Try Timestretch by Bassnectar, or Lolipop by Lil Wayne. I still miss my sub though. I had the 9 speaker system in my Trailhawk, Kicker speaker Upgrade, and a sealed 1.2 cuft box with a 12 in sub with an Alpine amp bridged to 150 watts RMS and it was perfect for me.

Jawzz

Reaction score
They take some real prying.... definitely feel like something is going to break
Was the upgrade to the rear headliner speakers worth it? Any suggestions on how to take off the rear headliner speaker grills? I tried today and chickened out because I was pulling way hard. I wonder if removing the headliner itself would make it easier but thats a whole new can of worms. But then I could possibly get access to lay some sound deadened (kilmat) on the roof... either way any tips would be appreciated.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Was the upgrade to the rear headliner speakers worth it? Any suggestions on how to take off the rear headliner speaker grills? I tried today and chickened out because I was pulling way hard. I wonder if removing the headliner itself would make it easier but thats a whole new can of worms. But then I could possibly get access to lay some sound deadened (kilmat) on the roof... either way any tips would be appreciated.
You can’t really hear them in the front of course but I think overall they are worth it. You definitely have to pull really hard. Start at one corner. Once you get one popped it’s easy.

Nibis

Reaction score
Start in the middle or back corner. Support headliner with your hand. FYI, you have to trim plastic to get these speakers to fit

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed these kickers today. You guys weren't kidding. Excellent upgrade. I've got the alpine system for reference. Kept all of the bass but the vocals are crystal clear now. I didn't change any settings to the equalizer. Just plug and play with the adapters from Crutchfield. I think I'm gonna leave it alone now because I feel like if I do the center dash speaker I'm gonna move to the front doors, then the rears, then the....well you get the point lol.

12C60FDC-EE57-43FD-8D8B-C71052C41CA8.jpeg

M Rob

Reaction score
Good deal, I believe the give the Metra adapters for free

Yes they do !!! So total is $67 !!
I ordered mine in Apr ... they have been back ordered. I easily got them to honor the new price ! They are good people.

Nibis

Reaction score
Yes they do !!! So total is $67 !!
I ordered mine in Apr ... they have been back ordered. I easily got them to honor the new price ! They are good people.

Yeah, it's a good deal, I got mine from Amazon for 65, but had to buy the adapters from Crutchfield. I only did it that way because I have reward points I can use from my credit card on Amazon, so it cost me less than 200 bucks to upgrade the three dash, front and rear doors, and one rear headliner speaker, and I bought the other rear headliner speaker from a member. So I have about 275 into all the speakers and adapters

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just an FYI , Crutchfield has just dropped the price on infinity reference 3032 by $22 dollars / pair ...

Just ordered these, along with the infinity reference component speakers for the front doors, along with their 2 way speakers for the rear! All of inifinity reference speakers are on sale at crutchfield right now

fadda

Reaction score
You don't HAVE to bypass the ANC but it may be beneficial. Many members report a droning sound after upgrading speakers. Bypassing the ANC does away with that. There is a ANC bypass cable you can buy online for about $30 that way you aren't clipping any factory wiring. You unplug the cable from the amp, plug it into the bypass cable, and then the other end of the bypass cable goes back in to the amp. Alot of people here will tell you they haven't missed the ANC at all after doing away with it.
hi where can i get the anc bypass cable?

Nibis

Reaction score
Just ordered these, along with the infinity reference component speakers for the front doors, along with their 2 way speakers for the rear! All of inifinity reference speakers are on sale at crutchfield right now
I think you will be happy with that set up. I originally put the 3 ways in the rear, and it was way too much treble. I still have the treble down a bit with the 2 ways, but it's much better and manageable. Going to be even better with a sub ( on order )

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think you will be happy with that set up. I originally put the 3 ways in the rear, and it was way too much treble. I still have the treble down a bit with the 2 ways, but it's much better and manageable. Going to be even better with a sub ( on order )
Awesome to hear, hopefully it sounds good enough on the base 6 speaker system without an amp!

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With the base system, you might need bass blockers for the dash speakers, I would do some homework
Gunna install the resistors that come with the inf reference dash speakers. Think I’d need anything else in addition to those?

Users who are viewing this thread