5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changed Dash Speakers To Kickers...WOW!

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
will put them in this upcoming weekend and post my thoughts

Thanks. I keep debating with myself that the HK is "good enough" but dang, it's been a long time since I had sweet sound.

PeterC4C

Reaction score
As far as I know Alpine is not affiliated with Panasonic parent company Matsushita. I'm just trying to figure what makes this stereo a Alpine.

FCA license to use the name, that’s it. Alpine and HK don’t make any of this stuff. It all comes from China.

Reaper_6A

Reaction score
I am getting ready to do an extreme makeover of my entire system. Going to be going with Focal PS 165F3 3-way components in the front and PS165F components in the rear. I am hoping i can get the 3" mid-range driver in the front dash but its going to require a custom template. I am just hoping i can get everything to fit without to much effort.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Love to hear your thoughts once you get them installed.
Just installed the 3032s this afternoon.
Holly friggin cow. The sound is amazing! Very crisp highs, mediums and lows. I am very, very happy with this mod. What wonderful little speakers!

Now I am wondering if I need to do the rears. I have what seems like similar size speaker covers in the headliner above the rear seats. Will pop the cover and see what type they are.
Wondering if another pair of 3032s would fit the bill.

IMG_3090.jpeg IMG_3091.jpeg IMG_3092.jpeg

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just installed the 3032s this afternoon.
Holly friggin cow. The sound is amazing! Very crisp highs, mediums and lows. I am very, very happy with this mod. What wonderful little speakers!

Now I am wondering if I need to do the rears. I have what seems like similar size speaker covers in the headliner above the rear seats. Will pop the cover and see what type they are.
Wondering if another pair of 3032s would fit the bill.

View attachment 30448 View attachment 30449 View attachment 30450

Thanks. Which adapter model did you go with? Any polarity issues?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Thanks. Which adapter model did you go with? Any polarity issues?
Then ones Crutchfield included for free. You can’t mess that up. They are made so they can only go the right way polarity-wise.

Cheers,

On Edit: If you don’t have one of these (or similar), I suggest getting one before the install. Otherwise you will not be able to remove the speaker screws. Thankfully Crutchfield has that on their notes so I ordered from Amazon ahead of time.

Wonderful little tool BTW. How did I ever live without it...

Last edited:

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Then ones Crutchfield included for free. You can’t mess that up. They are made so they can only go the right way polarity-wise.

Cheers,

On Edit: If you don’t have one of these (or similar), I suggest getting one before the install. Otherwise you will not be able to remove the speaker screws. Thankfully Crutchfield has that on their notes so I ordered from Amazon ahead of time.

Wonderful little tool BTW. How did I ever live without it...

Thanks. I know from other threads that there was a lot of controversy over the polarity and the two different metra adapters.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Thanks. I know from other threads that there was a lot of controversy over the polarity and the two different metra adapters.
Thanks. Very impressed with Cruchfield, as they laid out everything needed for the install. Will def use them again for audio related purchases instead of Amazon.

Ickabod

Reaction score
My 1/4" socket set was able to remove the screws without any problems.

greatone99

Reaction score
finally did mine on the harmon Kardon system ,used infinity ref ,in the dash corners ,sounds way better ,I can finally turn up the treble and mids ,much clearer. my old setting where bass minus 2 ,mid minus 2 ,treble at 1 , new setting bass the same ,mid at 0 ,treble at 4

Kleebs22

Reaction score
Want to install 2 JLs in the dash. Do I need anything else imif irdering from amazon? Critchfield says they dont fit but everyone else on here saya they do :) just wondering what else I might need. I have the 9 alpine system and just want to replace the 2 in the dash. Thanks.

greatone99

Reaction score
Want to install 2 JLs in the dash. Do I need anything else imif irdering from amazon? Critchfield says they dont fit but everyone else on here saya they do :) just wondering what else I might need. I have the 9 alpine system and just want to replace the 2 in the dash. Thanks.
a 1/4 inch ratchet ,with a 7mm works the best on the screws

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks. Very impressed with Cruchfield, as they laid out everything needed for the install. Will def use them again for audio related purchases instead of Amazon.

Thanks, just ordered from Crutchfield. I went with the two outer dash speakers but if they sound this good I may need to replace the center as well. Up for splitting a pair to do our centers?

R

Rob5589

I like my sound a bit high heavy but smooth, not shrill, light on mids, with medium, tight bass. I ordered two sets of the Infinity Ref 3022's. If I am liking them, will have an extra if anyone is interested. Will post back after the install and eval.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Thanks, just ordered from Crutchfield. I went with the two outer dash speakers but if they sound this good I may need to replace the center as well. Up for splitting a pair to do our centers?
Heck yeah. Let me know.

YourDad

Reaction score
I went with the infinity’s from crutchfield and wow they sound great in my dash! I have the base speaker system in my rebel. Unfortunately though, at high volume like 26ish, I’m getting periodic cutting out of the music for a split second. Turning it down to 22-24 and it plays fine. Googled and maybe it’s “clipping”? I went through all 13 pages here and seems I’m the only one. Did I wire them backwards or something? I used the included adapters from crutchfield. I know the install is super simple but it was my first time ever doing any sort of car audio upgrading so I could’ve done something silly/wrong.

R

Rob5589

I went with the infinity’s from crutchfield and wow they sound great in my dash! I have the base speaker system in my rebel. Unfortunately though, at high volume like 26ish, I’m getting periodic cutting out of the music for a split second. Turning it down to 22-24 and it plays fine. Googled and maybe it’s “clipping”? I went through all 13 pages here and seems I’m the only one. Did I wire them backwards or something? I used the included adapters from crutchfield. I know the install is super simple but it was my first time ever doing any sort of car audio upgrading so I could’ve done something silly/wrong.
That is usually an indicator of "clipping." But clipping is when the amp is being "over-driven," not the speakers.

Wedgeajt

Reaction score
I just replaced my dash speakers with the Infinities from Crutchfield. They sound fantastic...HOWEVER. Now I have an ANC issue when the RPMs are held at about 1900. I unplug the new speakers and the ANC issue goes away so I know it is the new speakers. Put the stock ones back in for now. Anyone else have this issue? I saw Patsy1099 did and just disconnected the ANC. Is there a TSB or should I try another set of speakers? Don't really want to loose my ANC.

R

Rob5589

I installed the 3 fronts with Infinitiy Ref 3022 from Amazon, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E4JWG6I/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I pulled the factory speakers, used the battery check to find the + side, then removed the old wire connector, and soldered it to the new speakers. Worked like a charm and sounds awesome! Much clearer highs (has highs now), better voicing, better imaging. I did not solder on the included caps as I assumed the amp had the proper cross-over set. Worked just fine, no distortion even at max volume (38). Well worth the money! If anyone is interested, I have an extra driver I am not going to use. PM if you are interested.

Users who are viewing this thread