5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changed Dash Speakers To Kickers...WOW!

faithwalker

Reaction score
Got the two ES-02's in. Used 1 inch perforated metal coil to form a cradle for the speakers. Worked really well and the ES-02's sound amazing. I picked up some JL Audio C2's to compare them to. I installed them both and after listening to the ES-02's again, they are just in a league by themselves. The JL's sound great don't get me wrong, but the highs are so much cleaner on the ES-02's. Its really hard to imagine because the ES-02s are only 2" too. I also rewired both the center speaker (which is still stock) and the right side which really helped too I think. Everything sounds clear, in synch, and has much more depth to it. Going to tackle two of the door speakers next. Think I'll start with the back doors since they will be easier to get too.

Tedscanoe

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for all the good info on speakers.
Kickers in the dash now and the sound difference is remarkable. I had to shift the equalizer to the rear a tad to get proper balance. When I get a few more bucks, I'll be ordering rear door speakers as the idea of taking the front doors apart is beyond me.
I can't enough good things about Crutchfield. Absolutely wonderful to deal with so whatever I need in the future, it'll be from them. Their plug/play wire adapters made the job way so simple. Total time 20 minutes mostly because of where those speakers are situated.

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for all the good info on speakers.
Kickers in the dash now and the sound difference is remarkable. I had to shift the equalizer to the rear a tad to get proper balance. When I get a few more bucks, I'll be ordering rear door speakers as the idea of taking the front doors apart is beyond me.
I can't enough good things about Crutchfield. Absolutely wonderful to deal with so whatever I need in the future, it'll be from them. Their plug/play wire adapters made the job way so simple. Total time 20 minutes mostly because of where those speakers are situated.
Best $35 dollars I've spent on a vehicle. Doesn't get much easier than those corner dash speakers, especially with the wiring adaptors Crutchfield sends along with the Kickers. I've been tempted to change the doors too, but bet I won't. Once I faded just a hair to the rear after installing new speakers in dash corners, it sounds plenty fine to me. Enjoy!

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, that's only half true. Infinity, the speakers I used, are made in Vietnam, but designed and engineered in the USA.
You are correct however, the country of manufacturing doesn't always reflect the quality. It's FCA's specs that make the Alpine systems speakers cheap, not the fact that they are made in China.

Still would be nice to have a definitive answer to what makes the Alpine system deserve the name. Is the Harmon Kardon system the same cheap spec speakers as well?
I finally got 2 pairs of Infinity Ref 3032 cfx from Crutchfield for the 3 dash positions of my Rebel with Alpine. Do I need to mess with checking phase or just install them with the Metra adapters? What did you do? What about the big black capacitors included? Did you use them? Thanks!

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I finally got 2 pairs of Infinity Ref 3032 cfx from Crutchfield for the 3 dash positions of my Rebel with Alpine. Do I need to mess with checking phase or just install them with the Metra adapters? What did you do? What about the big black capacitors included? Did you use them? Thanks!
I used the metra adapters "as is" and did not modify anything, just installed them, without the capacitors. Everything works as before, fade, volume and ANC.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I think you can use the metras as is because the 3.5s don’t have anything to with the anc from what I understand. I did personally rewire them to put them in phase just because it annoyed me and I had a feeling I might add an amp and sub and wanted everything in phase. I also added the capacitors (bass blockers) because they can’t hurt and again, I was going to add an amp so I looked at them as cheap insurance and had the soldering gun out anyway :D

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What do you mean by 30 rms? Are you talking about an amp or are you talking about the impedance rating? I have never heard speakers referred in this fashion.

Rms stands for root mean square. It’s another way of saying continuous power instead of peak power. Many manufacturers will list peak because it’s a bigger number. So a speaker might have 60 watts peak power but only 30 watts Rms (or continuous).

rudyyoko

Reaction score
Rms stands for root mean square. It’s another way of saying continuous power instead of peak power. Many manufacturers will list peak because it’s a bigger number. So a speaker might have 60 watts peak power but only 30 watts Rms (or continuous).
Ok, I see what you are saying now. You are talking about the speaker rating of say 4 ohms at 30 watts RMS. I work on electronics and I hadnt seen a speaker's ratings expressed as rms without impedence reference in the statement. It was 5 years ago since I last installed subwoofer amps in my ram. Thanks for bringinng an older fella up to date. Enjoy your ram, I sure enjoy driving mine!

patbfd4

Reaction score
anyone have the link for the harness needed for front corner speakers and front dash speaker?

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
For $40 I just added 2 Kicker 44KSC3504 speakers in the corners to see if I just wasted the cost of good bottle of bourbon, but I must say I am very pleased. 20 minutes to install and pretty simple. I was 3 ticks up on treble with the factory speakers and brought it down to 1 tick up for the Kickers and they sound nice. I am going to replace the center and 2 head liner speakers with the same thing. Then I think I will put CDT's in the doors and call it complete.

onelochevy

Reaction score
Replaced the 3.5s in mine as well today. Huge difference. I'll go after the door speakers this weekend hopefully.

Attachments

• IMG_20190704_162956.jpg
    IMG_20190704_162956.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_20190703_205551.jpg
    IMG_20190703_205551.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_20190704_162927.jpg
    IMG_20190704_162927.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 161

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
Replaced the 3.5s in mine as well today. Huge difference. I'll go after the door speakers this weekend hopefully.
Please let us know how the 6x9 Kickers are and how they fit in the front door. I am juggling the CDT's, Infinity Reference or the Kickers for my doors. Ordered another set of 3 1/2" Kickers because I need 1 more for the center dash.

Hawaii's Finest

Reaction score
Please let us know how the 6x9 Kickers are and how they fit in the front door. I am juggling the CDT's, Infinity Reference or the Kickers for my doors. Ordered another set of 3 1/2" Kickers because I need 1 more for the center dash.

6x9 kickers fit the front door. They sound pretty good compared to the 6x9 MTX terminators

greatone99

Reaction score
I ordered the infinity’s for the corner dash for my 19 ram with the hk system .starting with those , then maybe the infinity’s for the doors ,f/r .

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered the infinity’s for the corner dash for my 19 ram with the hk system .starting with those , then maybe the infinity’s for the doors ,f/r .

Love to hear your thoughts once you get them installed.

Users who are viewing this thread