5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changed Dash Speakers To Kickers...WOW!

Daren

Reaction score
Ok silly question... how do you know what type of speakers came OEM?
Nothing on my “sticker” about sound system.

I have a Big Horn.

mch

Reaction score
Ok silly question... how do you know what type of speakers came OEM?
Nothing on my “sticker” about sound system.

I have a Big Horn.

The Alpine has an Alpine logo on the middle dash speaker. I believe the base system also has a center dash grill, but no speaker inside. Find something plastic to wedge in and pop the cover off if you want to check.

Daren

Reaction score
The Alpine has an Alpine logo on the middle dash speaker. I believe the base system also has a center dash grill, but no speaker inside. Find something plastic to wedge in and pop the cover off if you want to check.
Thanks, I’ll check it out in the morning.

Daren

Reaction score
I'm guessing since there's nothing here, it's a stock sound system. :)
Probably no wires there to add a center speaker either.

Jtc411

Reaction score
It an Alpine system in the sense the sound profile was engineered by alpine. If I’m not mistaken the audio components for the alpine are Panasonic?

ddharris

Reaction score
Audio components as in amp and or subwoofer? People have replaced speakers on Alpine systems and they all have Chrysler logos on them.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Audio components as in amp and or subwoofer? People have replaced speakers on Alpine systems and they all have Chrysler logos on them.
Yep, finest speakers China can make. Really isn't that surprising, manufacturing is so cutthroat and every penny saved for FCA is a penny earned. Sadly, we all pay a premium for the Alpine... only to get $5 speakers. At least a decent upgrade is relatively cheap, wish FCA would realize that.

Jtc411

Reaction score

They are Chrysler stamped but manufactured by Panasonic on their behalf.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm interested to hear what you think. They hit the sweet spot for me.

as of yet i didnt get the whole kit.they are sent separately.i just my tracking#and the "metra"wiring will come on friday.so if the weather holds up i will be installing them that day

Attachments

• 103_1494.JPG
    103_1494.JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 172
  • 103_1493.JPG
    103_1493.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 167

ddharris

Reaction score
They are Chrysler stamped but manufactured by Panasonic on their behalf.
As far as I know Alpine is not affiliated with Panasonic parent company Matsushita. I'm just trying to figure what makes this stereo a Alpine.

ddharris

Reaction score
From now on I'm telling people it's a Panasonic with alpine plastic center speaker cover manufactured by Fiat.

barr0208

Reaction score
Yep, finest speakers China can make. Really isn't that surprising, manufacturing is so cutthroat and every penny saved for FCA is a penny earned. Sadly, we all pay a premium for the Alpine... only to get $5 speakers. At least a decent upgrade is relatively cheap, wish FCA would realize that.
did you look at the back of the kicker speakers it says made in china ,most of the speakers manufactured today are from china

Users who are viewing this thread