5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changed Dash Speakers To Kickers...WOW!

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
did you look at the back of the kicker speakers it says made in china ,most of the speakers manufactured today are from china
No, that's only half true. Infinity, the speakers I used, are made in Vietnam, but designed and engineered in the USA.
You are correct however, the country of manufacturing doesn't always reflect the quality. It's FCA's specs that make the Alpine systems speakers cheap, not the fact that they are made in China.

Still would be nice to have a definitive answer to what makes the Alpine system deserve the name. Is the Harmon Kardon system the same cheap spec speakers as well?

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, that's only half true. Infinity, the speakers I used, are made in Vietnam, but designed and engineered in the USA.
You are correct however, the country of manufacturing doesn't always reflect the quality. It's FCA's specs that make the Alpine systems speakers cheap, not the fact that they are made in China.

Still would be nice to have a definitive answer to what makes the Alpine system deserve the name. Is the Harmon Kardon system the same cheap spec speakers as well?
The 6x9s were cheap paper cone speakers.

The 3.5s weren't too bad. Significantly better than most stock. 2 way with synthetic cones and a metal dome on the Tweeter. They were loud but a bit shrill.

Subwoofer was mehh.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Bellpa

Reaction score
Ok, after reading all 10 pages on this thread, my head is spinning! Just to clarify, for an Alpine system, which dash speaker is the best/most cost effective for upgrade?

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ok, after reading all 10 pages on this thread, my head is spinning! Just to clarify, for an Alpine system, which dash speaker is the best/most cost effective for upgrade?

You can do Infinity, JL Audio, JBL, Kicker...depends on your budget and your ear. All are an improvement over stock.

ddharris

Reaction score
Which of the four replacement speakers mentioned above is the less shrill or tinny sounding? I may try a replacement set but don't want the uneven shrill highs that sometime accompany a swap out due to ohm matching and other factors. I understand sound is subjective but let er rip with opinions.

wwalljr

Reaction score
Which of the four replacement speakers mentioned above is the less shrill or tinny sounding? I may try a replacement set but don't want the uneven shrill highs that sometime accompany a swap out due to ohm matching and other factors. I understand sound is subjective but let er rip with opinions.
I have the Infinity, I don’t experience shrill. I think they are very good. And they are lower impedance than the others listed, so they may match closer to the load of the factory speakers you are replacing.

mcx6

Reaction score
I realize that this thread was started with replacement speakers for the Alpine system, but for the ones of us, that have the stock 6 speaker system, what is the better way to go on the replacement speakers, the 8-ohm factory speaker and Crutchfields recommended replacements having 3 or 4-ohm, has me a little concerned. Thanks for any information.

Jtc411

Reaction score
I realize that this thread was started with replacement speakers for the Alpine system, but for the ones of us, that have the stock 6 speaker system, what is the better way to go on the replacement speakers, the 8-ohm factory speaker and Crutchfields recommended replacements having 3 or 4-ohm, has me a little concerned. Thanks for any information.

I have tried 2 different versions of the kickers and get are bright and overpower the front speakers. I had to turn down treble and mid almost all the way and fade to the back a few just to make it tolerable.

ddharris

Reaction score
I have tried 2 different versions of the kickers and get are bright and overpower the front speakers. I had to turn down treble and mid almost all the way and fade to the back a few just to make it tolerable.
Trying to avoid that for sure.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Trying to avoid that for sure.
I can second the thumbs up for the Infinity's. Actually got to turn UP the treble and mids after install because they were more clear without distortion/noise/shrill effects. Before the swap I had mids off and treble 3 or 4 bars down.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can second the thumbs up for the Infinity's. Actually got to turn UP the treble and mids after install because they were more clear without distortion/noise/shrill effects. Before the swap I had mids off and treble 3 or 4 bars down.
What's the model # or link to the Infinity's

mcx6

Reaction score
Ordered the Infinity Ref's for my stock 6 speaker system through Crutchfield. I will be adding an inline resistor to the wire adapter like the one pictured, to balance it out to the stock system, read about Resistor-Install-4.jpg it on another forum.

Users who are viewing this thread