5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cell Phone Mount

Ram-ish

Reaction score
Bulletproof mount

jeepfoamer

Reaction score
For those with the proclip that mounts on the left of the air vent, is it blocking the airflow to the driver? In all the photos I have seen it seems that it does just that.

borden72

Reaction score
For those with the proclip that mounts on the left of the air vent, is it blocking the airflow to the driver? In all the photos I have seen it seems that it does just that.
I have a 2019 Laramie and use the Proclip mount and it doesn't block the vent. That was definitely an issue in my 2013 1500.

tmilam

Reaction score
Installed the ProClip this past weekend and it’s the best I’ve ever had

Carlmyman

Reaction score
Definitely does not block the vent! Good luck

Attachments

• ProClip (3).jpg
    ProClip (3).jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 243
  • ProClip (4).jpg
    ProClip (4).jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 243

41magmag41

Reaction score
I found one on ebay that slides into the cd slot and locks in, $20.00 i think. Works great.

jimchi

Reaction score
I've been using ProClip mounts since 2014 - certainly the best vehicle mounting solution there is for phones. I pair them with the wired device holders ($$$), so it's a single motion to slide in & charge.

jimchi

Reaction score
THERE IS ONE UNDER THE ENVIROMENTAL CONTROLS
??? Mine only takes 45s:

555840-foxphotos-gettyimages-2661310.jpg

KCViper

Reaction score
Just curious why, with CarPlay (albeit wired), so many want the phone held with the proclip? I've got wireless CarPlay in my 911 and my phone never leaves my pocket as I can do everything through the infotainment center. I've just ordered my truck, so admittedly, no hands on with this vehicle. What am I missing......or is it just user preference? Seems like a phone stored down in the console with wired CarPlay one could use the 12 uconnect to do most anything?? Thanks!

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just curious why, with CarPlay (albeit wired), so many want the phone held with the proclip? I've got wireless CarPlay in my 911 and my phone never leaves my pocket as I can do everything through the infotainment center. I've just ordered my truck, so admittedly, no hands on with this vehicle. What am I missing......or is it just user preference? Seems like a phone stored down in the console with wired CarPlay one could use the 12 uconnect to do most anything?? Thanks!
I don't have nav so I use my phone for that 👍.

jimchi

Reaction score
I have wireless carplay via an aftermarket radio in my current vehicle. I like having the phone mounted, especially when navigating, because navigation apps show the list of directions on the phone screen and the map on the vehicle screen. When I'm on a long drive, it's nice to see what song is playing from Spotify playlists on the vehicle screen while still keep the directions (and distance to next turn) on the phone screen in view.

jeepfoamer

Reaction score
Just curious why, with CarPlay (albeit wired), so many want the phone held with the proclip? I've got wireless CarPlay in my 911 and my phone never leaves my pocket as I can do everything through the infotainment center. I've just ordered my truck, so admittedly, no hands on with this vehicle. What am I missing......or is it just user preference? Seems like a phone stored down in the console with wired CarPlay one could use the 12 Uconnect to do most anything?? Thanks!
I am hunting for a phone mount because I use a magnetic charger/data cable for connecting to carplay. Should I need to access my phone, (not often) when I pull it from the built in holder in the center console it bumps the connector and disconnects and reconnects quickly, usually causing the "device not recognized" type of message. This means I have to pull the dongle out of my phone and reseat it which not only defeats the purpose of having the magnetic cable, is also a pain in my a$$. More than likely though the mount would be for my work phone (yes I am one of those idiots that has two phones) which would allow me to have it visible and know when I need to pull off for an email or phone call, which happens quite a bit in my line of work and with the amount of driving I do.

Not to deter the thread but what are the thoughts on wireless carplay coming to our systems? Given that we already have a Wi-Fi adaptor (regardless if you use it and have a LTE plan, it is still there) and obviously Bluetooth, shouldn't it just be a software update to the Uconnect?

Users who are viewing this thread