5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cell Phone Mount

RC_Racer88

Reaction score
What’s everyone using for cell phone mounts?
I have seen the one Proclip makes but not sure I want to chance messing up the leather next to the radio where it clips on.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, unfortunately that’s one thing my Laramie doesn’t have.☹ It has the fold down center seat. Once more recked ones show up in junk yards I plan on converting it.

OH! I'm sorry! I keep forgetting they still have that jump seat option! I should have known :)

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those who use the proclip, are you using the new mounting unit that seats into the storage tray above the screen? I saw that one on their site but before spending $70 I want to make sure it works and does not block the 12" screen.

mhart88

Reaction score
For those who use the proclip, are you using the new mounting unit that seats into the storage tray above the screen? I saw that one on their site but before spending $70 I want to make sure it works and does not block the 12" screen.
I also have a ProClip and the 12" screen. I'm using the one that mounts on the left side of the air vent that's on the left side of the screen. No issues with any damage to the dash or leather. Perfect location as I can view what's on the phone and still keep my eyes on the road. Highly recommend it.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I use the iottie onetouch 3 (now the model 4 is out) - Clipped to the driver's vent - not a fan of vent mounts per se, but this is the best imo. I also use a right angle USB-C Cable for my Note8 and then I can run AAuto and Torque etc on the phone simultaneously

jimk hunt

Reaction score
The site states that mount is NOT for trucks with 12 inch screens, problem solved. Love ProClip. Try "RAMBEAST" for 10% off.

shrubs2000

Reaction score
I use the Proclip and love it. There's no damage with installing it. It's an easy install and it's a convenient location. I have the 12 inch screen.

Same here. Mine sits perfectly. I use mostly for Waze for the times I don't want to use android auto

ant0064

Reaction score
Does the proclip come with everything you need? Looks like it was just the base then you need to buy your own phone holder? Website is ambiguous.

Tommym

Reaction score
Does the proclip come with everything you need? Looks like it was just the base then you need to buy your own phone holder? Website is ambiguous.
2 separate items make up the phone mount.
You choose the mount (vehicle specific). I opted for the Center Dash Mount #855417. Then you pick the device holder based on what phone, you have.

Reaction score
2 separate items make up the phone mount.
You choose the mount (vehicle specific). I opted for the Center Dash Mount #855417. Then you pick the device holder based on what phone, you have.

I followed the advice here and got the rather pricey proclip, and then had to wait two weeks to get the thing. The wait and the money was totally worth it. It's an awesome set up.

elingeltx

Reaction score
For cell I have a RAM Universal X-Grip Cell Phone Holder with Double Socket Arm https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DUK0SZO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_taa_PasFDb0D8BW6T
For mounting I have a RAM Mount Flex Adhesive Base with 1-Inch Ball, this works on my Longhorn "wood" dash on the left site of the cup where 12vdc outlet is
Adhesive pad is enough strong to resist South Texas summer extreme temperatures without problem

Zeeya

Reaction score
I have used the Steel ball mount (magnet) on back of phone on my last few vehicles. Can’t figure out a place to put it w this 12” display without phone rubbing on something at bottom

Users who are viewing this thread