5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CAUGHT: 2021 Ram 1500 Rebel TRX Testing On The Streets:

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
CAUGHT: 2021 Ram 1500 Rebel TRX Testing On The Streets:
Prototype Teases TRX's Brawny Style...

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Promising that we finally see some more on the street.

Rear shock mounts seam pretty low, evidence of some high amounts of suspension travel.

The rear exhaust resonators are pretty noticeable, almost worse than the 2500 gas. Would need to spray paint those black or remove.

Wasn't there an earlier mule with rear track bars? Interesting this one doesn't have them.

bravo1

Reaction score
Red Rider this looks like a Ram 2500 8 lug truck, with a gas engine, with some either OEM rims or AEV testing a 2019 Ram 2500 with AEV parts....You know of course AEV has a design office in a Mich.I would expect much more for FCA for the up-coming Ram Rebel TRX.Sticking 3/4 ton axles and a HellCat motor on a 2500 frame assembly and mounting a 1500 cab, and bed would just cheapen and not to mention insult a really great design from Ram engineering who worked on the 2016 Rebel TRX.This looks like a Mopar/AEV Outdoorsmen package for a Ram 2500,gas truck

Last edited:

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Red Rider this looks like a Ram 2500 8 lug truck, with a gas engine, with some either OEM rims or AEV testing a 2019 Ram 2500 with AEV parts....You know of course AEV has a design office in a Mich.I would expect much more for FCA for the up-coming Ram Rebel TRX.

?

The 2500s still have 4th gen cabs and bed look and no rear dual exhaust. This is obviously 5th gen 1500 with 8 lug rear axle.

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
Red Rider this looks like a Ram 2500 8 lug truck, with a gas engine, with some either OEM rims or AEV testing a 2019 Ram 2500 with AEV parts....You know of course AEV has a design office in a Mich.I would expect much more for FCA for the up-coming Ram Rebel TRX.Sticking 3/4 ton axles and a HellCat motor on a 2500 frame assembly and mounting a 1500 cab, and bed would just cheapen and not to mention insult a really great design from Ram engineering who worked on the 2016 Rebel TRX.This looks like a Mopar/AEV Outdoorsmen package for a Ram 2500,gas truck
Front wheels are six lugs - this is a test mule, not a 2500.

bravo1

Reaction score
Rusty like I stated above all this is a 2019 Ram 2500 frame assembly, and rear axle with design change's done to the frame assembly to accommodated the 2019 Ram 1500 cab/bed assembly with what appear's to be AEV Ram 2500 fender flares/ and 18 inch simulated beadlock wheels running BFG 35X12:50X18. So we are stating a 215mm front axle is running up from front with a 3/4 ton rear axle with 3:73 or 4:10 gear ratio's.This design in no way shape or form comes even close to the 2016 Ram 1500 Rebel TRX.I would hope that Jim Morrison speaks out about this cheap version of the Rebel TRX.With Fords 2019 F-150 Raptor at a price point of around 78,00-87,00 this is a cheap knock off to gain higher transitional price points for Ram in the 1/2 ton market, a goal that FCA set back in 2017. The Rebel TRX needs it's own body panels much like Ford does with it's design, Ford also does not run a Raptor on a 3/4 ton frame nor a 3/4 ton axle assemlies.FCA Ram is using the same motor mount dimemsion's for there 6.2 gas motor for the Hellcat 6.2L SC motor.I do not approve of this myself personally I find it a insult to the 2016 Ram 1500 Rebel TRX and the Ram engineer's who came up with a viable competitor against Ford's Raptor program. One only needs to look at Jim Morrison's interview at the 2016 Texas State fair when ask by Roman from TFL Truck when Jim stated "he hardly thought that the 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor was any competition for the Rebel TRX".Also he also stated that he had instructed Ram engineering to come you with a pre-prduction ready 100 mph off road pre-runner.The press will have a field day with this if they bring this to market FCA will have that saying "cheap Italian knock off" not to mention a insult to the hard work put in for the development of the 6.2L Hellcat motor.Sorry guys just ain't feeling this design for a TRX,no way would I spend 80,000 dallors for it.

Last edited:

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
Wasn't there an earlier mule with rear track bars? Interesting this one doesn't have them.
Indeed. It may indicate they've engineered a stronger drive train that doesn't need them.
Or put a weaker power plant in it (TR - 426/7.0L).

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wish I would have quoted your earlier post.

Remeber the Demon? Everyone thought it was a Libery Walk one off car.

This that you state is exactly what they want you to think. Mission accomplished.

The TRX is going to be even better than the concept, as the 5th Gen already adds to the muscular look.

Some stuff like the exhaust won't be there they say...but I wouldn't dismiss it yet.

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
Rusty like I stated above all this is a 2019 Ram 2500 frame assembly, axles with design change's done to the frame assembly to accommodated the 2019 Ram 1500 cab/bed assembly with what appear's to be AEV Ram 2500 fender flares/ and 18 inch simulated beadlock wheels running BFG 35X12:50X18.This design in no way shape or form comes even close to the 2016 Ram 1500 Rebel TRX.I would hope that Jim Morrison speaks out about this cheap version of the Rebel TRX.With Fords 2019 F-150 Raptor at a price point of around 78,00-87,00 this is a cheap knock off to gain higher transitional price points for Ram in the 1/2 ton market, a goal that FCA set back in 2017. The Rebel TRX needs it's own body panels much like Ford does with it's design, Ford also does not run a Raptor on a 3/4 ton frame nor a 3/4 ton axle assemlies.FCA Ram is using the same motor mount dimemsion's for there 6.2 gas motor for the Hellcat 6.2L SC motor.I do not approve of this myself personally I find it a insult to the 2016 Ram 1500 Rebel TRX and the Ram engineer's who came up with a viable competitor against Ford's Raptor program. One only needs to look at Jim Morrison's interview at the 2016 Texas State fair when ask by Roman from TFL Truck when Jim stated "he hardly thought that the 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor was any competition to the Rebel TRX".Also he also stated that he had instructed Ram engineering to come you with a pre-prduction ready 100 mph off road pre-runner.The press will have a field day with this if they bring this to market FCA will have that saying "cheap Italian knock off" not to mention a insult to the hard work put in for the development of the 6.2L Hellcat motor.Sorry guys just ain't feeling this design for a TRX,no way would I spend 80,000 dallors for it.
You need not be concerned. This is not the complete truck. They do this all the time. It is merely a mule testing some facets of a TRX design. They would not be showing a TRX body uncovered in public. It would be concealed/wrapped, whatever, but they will not just drive around in a Ram Rebel TRX without making any attempt at concealing the vehicle. The bolt on flares are there only to make it look less obvious that the axle is wider than normal.
Confidence is very high that the production Ram Rebel TRX will not look anything like this test mule.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
.I would hope that Jim Morrison speaks out about this cheap version of the Rebel TRX.
He won't, because this doesnt exist. It is a test mule. It is a powertrain test mule. It is designed to look like someone modified their truck.

Or maybe you are right. They did away with the TR and now the TRX is just getting the 5th Gen Cab and bed onto the 2500 so people won't complain about that anymore either.

Or AEV...who said they are not doing anything withthe 5th Gen...lied about that and this is what the new AEV Recruit will look like.

VoiceOfReason

Reaction score
@VoiceOfReason glad to see you. Getting closer.
Every day . . .
I'm in the process of writing a book, which takes gobs of time so, I'll drop in on occasion, but focus is still on the TRX. Just last night I updated the Wikipedia page (nothing significant, just added links and put the image in the info table). But, after seeing this - I might just update the article with some nuggets about the 8 lug rear hubs.

bravo1

Reaction score
A very interesting video has surfaced on You Tube from STIPE CRNOGORAC he states that at a Dealer Principle Meeting with FCA representatives and them that a Ram Rebel TRX final production teaser video was shown.They stated also that a 707 hp was confirmed as well.They were told also that FCA plans production late 2019 and it will be a 2020 Ram 1500 TRX.Check his video out interesting I believe it is a Canadian CDJR dealership meeting with FCA to gauge reaction to see if there is a market for the Rebel TRX in Canada...

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I can assure you my sources are saying this is the TRX

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Promising that we finally see some more on the street.

Rear shock mounts seam pretty low, evidence of some high amounts of suspension travel.

The rear exhaust resonators are pretty noticeable, almost worse than the 2500 gas. Would need to spray paint those black or remove.

We thought it was a TRX mule at the time since this truck made its appearance right after the DT launch. But it was a very very early TR mule.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Rusty like I stated above all this is a 2019 Ram 2500 frame assembly, and rear axle with design change's done to the frame assembly to accommodated the 2019 Ram 1500 cab/bed assembly with what appear's to be AEV Ram 2500 fender flares/ and 18 inch simulated beadlock wheels running BFG 35X12:50X18. So we are stating a 215mm front axle is running up from front with a 3/4 ton rear axle with 3:73 or 4:10 gear ratio's.This design in no way shape or form comes even close to the 2016 Ram 1500 Rebel TRX.I would hope that Jim Morrison speaks out about this cheap version of the Rebel TRX.With Fords 2019 F-150 Raptor at a price point of around 78,00-87,00 this is a cheap knock off to gain higher transitional price points for Ram in the 1/2 ton market, a goal that FCA set back in 2017. The Rebel TRX needs it's own body panels much like Ford does with it's design, Ford also does not run a Raptor on a 3/4 ton frame nor a 3/4 ton axle assemlies.FCA Ram is using the same motor mount dimemsion's for there 6.2 gas motor for the Hellcat 6.2L SC motor.I do not approve of this myself personally I find it a insult to the 2016 Ram 1500 Rebel TRX and the Ram engineer's who came up with a viable competitor against Ford's Raptor program. One only needs to look at Jim Morrison's interview at the 2016 Texas State fair when ask by Roman from TFL Truck when Jim stated "he hardly thought that the 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor was any competition for the Rebel TRX".Also he also stated that he had instructed Ram engineering to come you with a pre-prduction ready 100 mph off road pre-runner.The press will have a field day with this if they bring this to market FCA will have that saying "cheap Italian knock off" not to mention a insult to the hard work put in for the development of the 6.2L Hellcat motor.Sorry guys just ain't feeling this design for a TRX,no way would I spend 80,000 dallors for it.

I don't think the TRX has to have a "2500 frame" nor have i read anything to indicate that it will. This could just as easily (and much more likely) be a 5th gen ram 1500 frame slightly modified to fit a 2500 8 lug axle, than a 2500 frame modified to fit 1500 front axle, bumper, cab, and bed... not to mention this wheelbase (crew cab 5-7" bed) is not available in the 2500. The 5th gen 1500 frame should be close to if not already is strong enough. Or they could just increase the section modulus of some of the rear frame sections where needed (like F150 does)

But differences between 1500 and 2500 frames probably aren't huge in some places anyway. At least they werent for 3rd gens. 2500 was just 1" or so taller in the rear than a 1500. Made it pretty easy to mount a gooseneck hitch from a 2500 and put it in a 1500.

Regarding the front axle it could well have larger components over a standard 1500. We dont know yet. Just because it has 6 lugs in front doesnt mean it cant have larger half shafts, more splines, or beefier carrier assembly. I'd put money on 4.10 being the only option but who knows just guesses at this point. I'd also bet money that it wont have cheap plastic components that will break like the raptor...

I see your point on the fender flares vs new front and rear fenders. As stated this is a test mule. Production TRX may well still get new fenders (as well as hood, front bumper, or grille) but testing without them makes it so they don't have to cover the entire truck with all the black crap. The RamRunner kit had fiberglass fenders. Ramrunners also destroyed the Raptor of the day, and that was still just a standard Ram 1500 frame with a suspension kit. That said it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they didn't go with all new fenders as the widebody challenger and upcoming charger just have fender flares. I'm not complaining because we get 700-800 HP for under 100K. Oh and it wont be a turbo V6

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wish I would have quoted your earlier post.

Remeber the Demon? Everyone thought it was a Libery Walk one off car.

This that you state is exactly what they want you to think. Mission accomplished.

The TRX is going to be even better than the concept, as the 5th Gen already adds to the muscular look.

Some stuff like the exhaust won't be there they say...but I wouldn't dismiss it yet.

They are still driving those 27 early Demon prototypes....

Users who are viewing this thread