5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CAUGHT: 2021 Ram 1500 Rebel TRX Testing On The Streets:

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Fitting it in and being able to manage the heat load and stress effectively enough to warranty the vehicle for the masses are two different things. There are quite a few articles out there detailing the hoops they had to jump through to be able to get the target tow rating on the V6, and all had to do with packaging constraints, approach angle mandates, etc.

Issue shouldn't be heat load. The 5.7, 6.4 and 6.2 hellcat are in the JGC and durango with 8k tow ratings.

I've read they will fit but would result in safety issues on the JL and JT so they will never be offered from the factory.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Issue shouldn't be heat load. The 5.7, 6.4 and 6.2 hellcat are in the JGC and durango with 8k tow ratings.

I've read they will fit but would result in safety issues on the JL and JT so they will never be offered from the factory.

I recall hearing this about another vehicle once.
Engine would end up basically pushing stuff into the cabin in a crash.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ford cleverly led people to that. They crammed the eco boost down people’s throats. Long before demand was there, dealers were encouraged by ford to make the majority of their truck inventory ecoboost. They were actively discouraged from ordering the 5.0.

This was said best on a car blog. The ecoboost situation is similar to communist regimes. When things suck, the regime keeps telling you they don’t suck. They get a few key endorsers to back it and as time goes on people start saying, well maybe it doesn’t suck. Eventually they’ve been tricked into liking it. George Orwell’s book animal farm covers this concept well. The issue here is true choice.

Bingo.

This is why they put the ecoboost in the Ford GT as well.
It's to enhance the branding and perception of it, to convince people of how good it is.
"See it's in a SUPER Car!"
So "joe blow" on the street feels good about the 2.7 in his F150, but it's really for EPA CAFE reasons.

The autobloggers will say, "oh wow this ecoboost is great in the Expedition!"
And if they offered a ford equivalent of a 5.7L Hemi V8, or the 6.2L V8 from GM, in that expedition, and it was offered at the lower cost, due to lower cost of parts and assembly (I have my doubts that two turbos and an intercooler is cheaper), NOW what would the take rate be?

Again I don't think they're trash, they just aren't for me, and I believe the koolaid on the web is crazy to witness.

bravo1

Reaction score
Rusty Dodge,I really do not think that DynaTrac will not be the vendor for the up-coming Ram Rebel TRX,looking at the spy shot's it is not DynaTrac Pro 60 like the one shown at the Texas State fair.But if Dana Axles can provide a reliable axle and prove it is capable of handling the 707hp then just maybe they will.Jared tends to think at least his contacts believe it will be a 8 lug truck Dana Super 60 front and rear with maybe manual/electronic lock out.DynaTrac can easily handle the 707hp SC Hellcat motor.Rumor is that after it has been completed the project they want to validate the truck in the Baja 1000 stock form against the Ford 150 Raptor

Last edited:

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Bravo1 do we know the shocks, yet? King vs Fox vs Bilstein (which Ram has used historically)

bravo1

Reaction score
RustyDodge with a truck that is gonna be built to be a prerunner running at high speeds across the desert or climbing rock and have a decent tow rating like it's breather the Ram Rebel, I would say King Shocks for sure, one thing for sure Motor1 spy pics show a really good front end underside and the A-Arms are massive just massive in size...The skid plate looks to be tied to the front cross member

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Rusty Dodge,I really do not think that DynaTrac will not be the vendor for the up-coming Ram Rebel TRX,looking at the spy shot's it is not DynaTrac Pro 60 like the one shown at the Texas State fair.But if Dana Axles can provide a reliable axle and prove it is capable of handling the 707hp then just maybe they will.Jared tends to think at least his contacts believe it will be a 8 lug truck Dana Super 60 front and rear with maybe manual/electronic lock out.DynaTrac can easily handle the 707hp SC Hellcat motor.Rumor is that after it has been completed the project they want to validate the truck in the Baja 1000 stock form against the Ford 150 Raptor

Not sure whether it will 100% be 8 lug or not yet but definitely curious that they are running them on the test munless.

Bravo1 do we know the shocks, yet? King vs Fox vs Bilstein (which Ram has used historically)

King shocks are what my contacts are telling me, the TRX concept also used king shocks.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score

bravo1

Reaction score
So if Dana is the supplier for the TRX,then the current Dana Super 60 comes either in a 6 or a 8 lug configuration.Also this axle has to 2 options as far as a electronic locker goes Eaton or ARB Air....I do not think the TRX will have a from AAM axle up front (based on the spy pic of the 6 lug axle up front) I believe it will also have a Dana 60 up front as well.Rear ring from Dana comes with a 4:10...

Users who are viewing this thread