5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CarPlay Doesn’t Work if Too Hot

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Well, I don’t drive that much these days so maybe I’ll be the guinea pig. Calling now to make an appointment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
@RamCares

I did drop it off at the dealer today. I will post back with anything they find or tell me.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
This is my second summer with my 19 Laramie and I think I can definitely say that CarPlay just does not work when it’s hot outside. I live in Phoenix and have a Black Truck with Black interior. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Sometime when I start the car it I will say some ridiculous temperature outside like 130 degrees. Once I start driving and have the pathetic AC going full blast it will eventually come back online but can sometimes take 30 minutes or more. Anyone else having issues with CarPlay while it’s hot outside or your truck sits in the sun?

Its hot in the Houston Sun also. My black truck gets hot even with the windows cracked and the windshield covered. It is so hot when I get in and several occasions my entire navigation/Uconnect is black or blue until it cools down with the air conditioner. I wonder if our parts are all from schitt china.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It’s been over a month and they still don’t have the part that they say will fix it.

Hi, I'm so sorry to hear this. Are you currently having concerns with your vehicle? Please feel free to send us a private message. I would be happy to help!

Alison
RamCares

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Hi, I'm so sorry to hear this. Are you currently having concerns with your vehicle? Please feel free to send us a private message. I would be happy to help!

Alison
RamCares

My concern is that I can’t use CarPlay when the vehicle is hot. Unfortunately I live in Phoenix so it’s only about 3/4 of the year. I took it in to the dealership a month ago and still no part which may or may not fix the problem. So yeah, I still have some concerns.

RamCares

Reaction score
My concern is that I can’t use CarPlay when the vehicle is hot. Unfortunately I live in Phoenix so it’s only about 3/4 of the year. I took it in to the dealership a month ago and still no part which may or may not fix the problem. So yeah, I still have some concerns.

I'm very sorry to hear this. Please send us a private message, I would like to open a case for you.

Alison
RamCares

RamCares

Reaction score
Its hot in the Houston Sun also. My black truck gets hot even with the windows cracked and the windshield covered. It is so hot when I get in and several occasions my entire navigation/Uconnect is black or blue until it cools down with the air conditioner. I wonder if our parts are all from schitt china.

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
RamCares

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
FYI, they replaced a USB Hub which according to the notes was shorting out when overheating. I am not claiming victory yet but the dash read 125 outside (obviously wrong) when I picked it up and it still worked. I’ll give it a bit to see for sure.

Journeyman

Reaction score
Good news, was going to say that it must be fixable as here it gets to 55 Celsius in summer and the ram uconnect system has been working well.

bandit362

Reaction score
Thread bump - it is over 100 degrees in Las Vegas and Apple car play quit working again. Anyone have any luck resolving this issue ?

Highertechnology

Reaction score
Posted another thread today before finding this.

Had the same problem the last 2 days on my 350 mile Laramie. First consecutive 100° days shot down all of the USBs and CarPlay.

Remote started the truck today for about 10 minutes and it worked again.

Possibly need a new USB media hub?

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Thread bump - it is over 100 degrees in Las Vegas and Apple car play quit working again. Anyone have any luck resolving this issue ?
The days in Houston can be Xtra hot, that is the main reason I put window visors on my truck and car and SUV. It helps very much in letting the hot air out. My truck had a blue screen too many times.

Raiders1989

Reaction score
I live in Vegas too. Last 2 days it’s been intermittent working. It didn’t work until 6 pm last night and 5 am when I got off work but around 1-2 all USB ports didn’t work besides one in center armrest.

JLaramie

Reaction score
I have the same issue with my 2019 Laramie. I've taken it in several times to the dealer and they can't replicate it. When it happens, I can usually drive it for a while and then shut the truck off, restart, and they will work. I actually took it in while they weren't working to show the service advisor and he confirmed the issue. I asked him to note it on my account since I couldn't drop it off at the time. The next time I had it in for service, there was no record of it anywhere. Some of these guys are useless. Anyways, I noticed my issue happens when it's very hot outside. I didn't have any issues after summer. I figured maybe it fixed itself :unsure:. Well here we are today and I went out to my truck, started it up and none of them work. The temperature said 130 on the radio, although I know it wasn't that hot. The actual temperature was about 118 at the time. I drove it for about 20 miles and when I got home, I shut it off, restarted, and still didn't work. I firmly believe it is caused by the heat.

Highertechnology

Reaction score
I’m also now experiencing the AC plug in the lower dash center console not work in high heat. Frustrating on a truck with now 600 miles that doesn’t work in normal temps in the SW.

waffle-cat

Reaction score
I dont believe it is CarPlay not working, the front USB ports fail in hot temperatures. I have the same issue. (And there are other posts already on this, but no one seems have a solution)

I use a CarLinkIt 2.0 to provide wireless Carplay, that stops, but does power up if I use the center console or rear USB ports. (although none of those are connected to the head unit).

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Last summer (at the end) they replaced the USB hub and it seemed to work. Fast forward to a couple weeks ago when the temps started getting over 110 (Phoenix) and the issue popped up again. Took it back into the shop (had a list of issues) and they are going to replace the USB hub again. I told them they already did that but it seems useless talking to these guys.

WilburNJ

Reaction score
Sometime when I start the car it I will say some ridiculous temperature outside like 130 degrees.

This comment made me laugh. I know it’s a well-known issue, but I can’t get over how inaccurate the outside temp gauge is. I have a 2020. I wonder if they put the sensor in a different location in the ’21s and ‘22s. It’s basically useless for me on sunny days from mid-spring to mid-fall. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/