5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can y'all help me figure out my payload?

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Reviving this old thread to get some confirmation on the estimated payload for a truck I have on order.

Limited Longhorn
4x4
5.7 V8
etorque
e-locker
trailer tow group
trailer brake controller
bed utility group
longhorn level 1 group
air suspension
Power-fold towing mirros
33-gal fule tank.

No MFT, Rambox, Pano, ORG

I am estimating a payload of around ~1380 lbs. Does this sound about right?
I am guessing the truck on order is a crew cab with the 5’7” box length, if it isn’t the payload might be different.
My Rebel Crew Cab has some heavier options than what you have on order, the panoramic Sun roof, the Ramboxes, the 19 speaker Harmon Kardon speakers, 33” off-road 10 ply tires and skid plates, on my truck’s door sill sticker and by entering my vin number it displays 1326 lbs. that’s 54 lbs difference from 1380 lbs, so I had to switch to from regular Bud to Bud “Light” 😂
Please let us know when you get the actual payload.

SirHobgoblin

Reaction score
I am guessing the truck on order is a crew cab with the 5’7” box length, if it isn’t the payload might be different.
My Rebel Crew Cab has some heavier options than what you have on order, the panoramic Sun roof, the Ramboxes, the 19 speaker Harmon Kardon speakers, 33” off-road 10 ply tires and skid plates, on my truck’s door sill sticker and by entering my vin number it displays 1326 lbs. that’s 54 lbs difference from 1380 lbs, so I had to switch to from regular Bud to Bud “Light” 😂
Please let us know when you get the actual payload.
Thank you and edited to include that it is, indeed, a crew cab with 5.7 short bed.

Will do - I will plan to update this as soon as I have a solid number.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Reviving this old thread to get some confirmation on the estimated payload for a truck I have on order.

Limited Longhorn, crew cab, short bed
4x4
5.7 V8
etorque
e-locker
trailer tow group
trailer brake controller
bed utility group
longhorn level 1 group
air suspension
Power-fold towing mirros
33-gal fule tank.

No MFT, Rambox, Pano, ORG

I am estimating a payload of around ~1380 lbs. Does this sound about right?
That's probably pretty accurate. I have the ORG and EcoDiesel and mine is 1317#. I don't have MFT, RamBox, or Pano either.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My apologies, I think I confused the message. I have a VIN, but I don't have a Build Sheet or Window Sticker, so my VIN doesn't show any results on the website you linked. I think I have to wait it to role off the factory line before I can get payload numbers, potentially?

Side note - the Ram towing website is not working for any VIN I input today, so it might be down temporarily.
I'll admit, it was a nervous moment when I was first able to enter my VIN into the Ram calculator page. I was hoping for over 1300# based on all my research, but wasn't sure. You could hear my sigh of relief for miles when it came up a tad over my expectation.

Users who are viewing this thread