5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can y'all help me figure out my payload?

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't mind at all
Sweet truck man! That's a luxury off-roader haha.

With the dual pane, air sus, side steps, BUG, 12 inch screen and power front seats, that's a nice payload number!

I was slightly horrified by that price tag but then I noticed you're in Canada.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not that I'm missing anything. On the vehicle, I meant that in terms of conversation lol. I have the pano roof and mostly everything aswell. Was just wondering why you guys arnt looking at the sticker? Are they not accurate?

If you had the 33-gallon gas tank, that would’ve knocked your 1,447 lbs payload down into the 1,3xx lbs

Then you also don’t have eTorque, Ram Box or MFT. All payload killers

R.A.M

Reaction score
If you had the 33-gallon gas tank, that would’ve knocked your 1,447 lbs payload down into the 1,3xx lbs

Is the 1447 with my fuel tank full?

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I had no idea until I came here that eTorque added weight. Figured it was about the same as the alternator it replaced. Didn't know about the extra batter behind the cab.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had no idea until I came here that eTorque added weight. Figured it was about the same as the alternator it replaced. Didn't know about the extra batter behind the cab.

The generator is actually the heavy portion while the 48V battery is lightweight

eTorque adds 50.94 lbs to front axle and 18.88 lbs to the rear axle

R.A.M

Reaction score
Sweet truck man! That's a luxury off-roader haha.

With the dual pane, air sus, side steps, BUG, 12 inch screen and power front seats, that's a nice payload number!

I was slightly horrified by that price tag but then I noticed you're in Canada.
Haha yea canadian here🙄. And thx man! It's not exactly what I wanted. But couldn't really build it myself bc of the shortage. I was left no choice but to take it off the lot.....well off the trailer, I watched them unload it the morning it arrived lol.

I dont know much about trucks and their inner workings, or cars for that matter lol. I really appreciate this community. Its my 1st pick up and 1st brand new. I still get so excited everytime I hop in. 🤗

Last edited:

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Haha yea canadian here🙄. And thx man! It's not exactly what I wanted. But couldn't really build it myself bc of the shortage. I was left no choice but to take it off the lot.....well off the trailer, I watched them unload it the morning it arrived lol.

I dont know much about trucks and their inner workings, or cars for that matter lol. I really appreciate this community. Its my 1st pick up and 1st brand new. I still get so excited everytime I hop in. 🤗
Well it's a badass vehicle, enjoy it!

I'm too picky to NOT factory order lol

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dug up this old thread to post my payload-by-VIN

Thanks so much everyone, for helping me brainstorm for this. Considering how low I was worried it could be, I am a-ok with this figure.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20211006-231851_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20211006-231851_Chrome.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 35

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My build is 1,380 lbs.

subtracting 130 lbs for eTorque and 6’4” bed would put you at 1,250 lbs, but no Level 1 package might get you back to 1,300 lbs
Dug up this old thread to post my payload-by-VIN

Thanks so much everyone, for helping me brainstorm for this. Considering how low I was worried it could be, I am a-ok with this figure.

Almost right in the middle of my 1,250 - 1,300 lbs estimate

SirHobgoblin

Reaction score
Reviving this old thread to get some confirmation on the estimated payload for a truck I have on order.

Limited Longhorn, crew cab, short bed
4x4
5.7 V8
etorque
e-locker
trailer tow group
trailer brake controller
bed utility group
longhorn level 1 group
air suspension
Power-fold towing mirros
33-gal fule tank.

No MFT, Rambox, Pano, ORG

I am estimating a payload of around ~1380 lbs. Does this sound about right?

Last edited:

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Basically the same truck, but I do not have 33g tank and no air ride, but I do have the ORG. My payload is 1380.

SirHobgoblin

Reaction score
Basically the same truck, but I do not have 33g tank and no air ride, but I do have the ORG. My payload is 1380.
Copy and thank you. Based on the stats @Zeronet provided in another thread, I should be within a few lbs of your weight. It appears that adding the 33g tank and air ride, while removing the ORG would be almost be a wash.

SirHobgoblin

Reaction score
put your vin into the spot and it will tell you your payload

Tracking and I appreciate it. I have a VIN but not BS or WS yet, so the VIN isn't producing any results yet.

I am just trying to get a handle on the rough estimate and ensure I am not hamstringing myself by ordering a vehicle with a payload lower than I am estimating.

SirHobgoblin

Reaction score
go to the tracker on a computer as it will be easier. click on column "F" and sort a-f. afterward scroll down until you find longhorn click on a few and see which are close to yours
copy the vin into the link i gave you and you will be close

why don't you have a vin yet? are you in another country?
My apologies, I think I confused the message. I have a VIN, but I don't have a Build Sheet or Window Sticker, so my VIN doesn't show any results on the website you linked. I think I have to wait it to role off the factory line before I can get payload numbers, potentially?

Side note - the Ram towing website is not working for any VIN I input today, so it might be down temporarily.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
go to the tracker on a computer as it will be easier. click on column "F" and sort a-f. afterward scroll down until you find longhorn click on a few and see which are close to yours
copy the vin into the link i gave you and you will be close

why don't you have a vin yet? are you in another country?
He has a VIN...but it will not work in the payload calculator until it is built.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Side note - the Ram towing website is not working for any VIN I input today, so it might be down temporarily.
I noticed the same issue. Not sure why it's not working.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Reviving this old thread to get some confirmation on the estimated payload for a truck I have on order.

Limited Longhorn
4x4
5.7 V8
etorque
e-locker
trailer tow group
trailer brake controller
bed utility group
longhorn level 1 group
air suspension
Power-fold towing mirros
33-gal fule tank.

No MFT, Rambox, Pano, ORG

I am estimating a payload of around ~1380 lbs. Does this sound about right?

My Longhorn payload is also 1,380 lbs without eTorque but with Pano.

So yes that is a good estimate.

Users who are viewing this thread