5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brand new 2023 Rebel 5.7 Etorq terrible gas mileage.

cliffsta

Reaction score
I didn’t worry about mpgs when I started looking at Rebel. I already drove a pickup. The smiles per gallon on this awesome sounding Hemi more than make up for the slight dip I’ll get on the highway. So far I’m getting better in town than my Z71. Thanks to etorque and 8 speed I presume.

Having said that… I do enjoy the challenge of trying to get the best mileage I can, especially on a little countryside joyride. Hopefully I see a small improvement after a few months.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I definitely try to get the best mpg i can if possible. But my wife won’t let me turn the truck off if she’s sitting in it on a hot day 🤷🏻‍♂️

Dr. X

Reaction score
I can understand hwy mpg being way off, but how the hell did they butcher city mpg so bad? I’m Supposed to get 18 (eTorque) but 14 is pretty much best I can do (4x4 Hemi, 3.21).

City mpg should only be minimally affected by a raised ride height, and I have stock wheels and tires

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I can understand hwy mpg being way off, but how the hell did they butcher city mpg so bad? I’m Supposed to get 18 (eTorque) but 14 is pretty much best I can do (4x4 Hemi, 3.21).

City mpg should only be minimally affected by a raised ride height, and I have stock wheels and tires
Because the numbers are an outright lie by Ram.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score

Because the numbers posted on the window sticker are a “best case scenario” which were calculated in a wind tunnel or lab. Those numbers are all about the EPA, not about the end user.

Users who are viewing this thread