5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brand new 2023 Rebel 5.7 Etorq terrible gas mileage.

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
imo
if you are worried about mileage don't get a truck.

If we as truck owners should not worry about gas mileage, then why do you put in very large font at the bottom of your signature

“ My truck gets great gas mileage, even with my 3.92 gears, average 18.2 MPG “

That comment might tend to makes others worry about their mileage. But we have trucks, let’s not worry about mileage, but brag about it. I’m all confused. 😂

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
If we as truck owners should not worry about gas mileage, then why do you put in very large font at the bottom of your signature

“ My truck gets great gas mileage, even with my 3.92 gears, average 18.2 MPG “

That comment might tend to makes others worry about their mileage. But we have trucks, let’s not worry about mileage, but brag about it. I’m all confused. 😂
because i do get great milage for a truck:)

but i ain't worried about it

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I read this thread and was shocked. Flabergasted! You mean to say that a Ram with a 5.7 Hemi gets lower than advertised gas milage?!? And as bad as he says to boot?

Say it ain't so! Who'd of thunk it? It's deceiving, it is. Down right treachery!

Ramroo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I read this thread and was shocked. Flabergasted! You mean to say that a Ram with a 5.7 Hemi gets lower than advertised gas milage?!? And as bad as he says to boot?

Say it ain't so! Who'd of thunk it? It's deceiving, it is. Down right treachery!

Crack another jug, sounds like worry. 🤪

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I use the Brave web browser on my desktop and DuckDuckGo on my Android phone. I almost never see ads ! ( the very odd one sneaks by the filters )
Here's what this webpage looks like in Brave :
View attachment 147934
Edit : I misspoke about DuckduckGo , I do see ads there, but not on Brave
That is what mine looked like until the start of the New Year it seems...now it looks like this every new page and some ads in between replies:

1673193405968.png

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
That is what mine looked like until the start of the New Year it seems...now it looks like this every new page and some ads in between replies:

View attachment 148250
There's 2 parts of this
Did you pay to use the website? No?
How do you expect the website to stay alive. Website hosting at a minimum is around $50 a month. DNS name (name of the website) is another $50 a year, it's not free.
I can't fault the website owner putting adds in, annoying as it might be they don't appear to be full screen video adds which are really scummy.

Then there's the other side. I don't browse the internet to be shoved with adds. Lots are obtrusive and get in my way of life and I think if you want to charge money for it then do it. Think how Elon at Twitter is trying to charge people for a blue checkmark or whatever because he doesn't know how to make money with it.

With both of those said, if you want to block adds use uBlock origin. It replaced the old Addblockplus.
Works for Chrome, Firewall, and Microsoft Edge.
On mobile addons only work for Firewall, Chrome doesn't support addons.

And POOF no adds, anywhere, including adds in youtube videos

cliffsta

Reaction score
How far into “broken in” will the fuel consumption improve? Did some interstate and some 55 mph highway riding yesterday. Definitely was a bit lower than I expected but not terrible compared to my Silverado. I plan on taking a trip to Arkansas this summer. Hoping for a tad bit better gas mileage on that trip.

Though the sound of that Hemi sure makes up for the dip in mileage. Does the Rebel have a different muffler than a Big Horn? My truck sounds way cooler than my FIL next door 😎

gofishn

Reaction score
Do you think guys on the Honda Civic forums have threads complaining about towing capacity?

FOR THE WIN in Best Reply Category

OP, mpg chart given in 3rd or 4th Reply is about right.
You bought a truck, do not be surprised when it gets crapppy fuel economy compared toa Civic. And nothign is good as advertised.
I assume you are still Single or you would learned this lesson,

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
FOR THE WIN in Best Reply Category

OP, mpg chart given in 3rd or 4th Reply is about right.
You bought a truck, do not be surprised when it gets crapppy fuel economy compared toa Civic. And nothign is good as advertised.
I assume you are still Single or you would learned this lesson,
No one is comparing it to a Civic.
They are comparing it to the sticker stuck on the window when they bought it stating what it would (roughly) get.

lots of other manufactures provide the correct mpg of trucks.

Booch

Reaction score
How far into “broken in” will the fuel consumption improve?

My 2021 has 30,000 miles, still hasn't improved. 14ish is about where I'm at in the winter. My previous 2016 Rebel (setup nearly identical) was about 2.5 better. This was a disappointment considering the advertised range, but it is what it is.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2021 has 30,000 miles, still hasn't improved. 14ish is about where I'm at in the winter. My previous 2016 Rebel (setup nearly identical) was about 2.5 better. This was a disappointment considering the advertised range, but it is what it is.
same here, my 2014 had better mpg that my 2022, about same configuration, both same gear...

not that it bothers me, just saying

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Filled up today, paid $59.51 @ $3.09 a gallon at Costco for 93.
Hand calc'd, 335 miles divided by 19 gallons = 17.57 mpg
Trip computer said 334 miles with an average of 17.4 mpg, always comes out like this, mostly city driving in North Dallas

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Did the OP ever even give details on his truck?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Nope, the op posted only 1 time on the 5th gen ram forum so far, plus we dont know were he live to know the outside temp, winter gas or not etc..
True. I also get terrible mpg if it’s windy outside, if I remote start the truck, or if we run a lot of errands where the truck sits like a lot. I would say I lose .1 mpg for every 5 minutes of idle sitting.

If I only drove to and from work at 55 mph I would be making 23 mpg.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/