5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borla Touring System comparison vs Stock

cjgerson

Reaction score
I also asked Borla about the resonator. It is supposed to be a resonator that is installed in front of the muffler. They could not give me an estimate of when available. If it fits in front of the muffler, seems like any system could add it. Per Borla, it tones the Atak to the S-type and the S-Type to the Touring.
I just got the following update from Borla about the resonator:

We are getting close! The resonator for the Ram is scheduled for release by the end of the month.

Laz

Reaction score
Exhaust is DONE! It isn't as loud as I thought it was going to be from all the chatter in the previous posts made by different members on here. That goes to show you, dont take anyone's word for it bcuz we all have different likes and dislikes. In my opinion it does sound bad a$$ to me and looks good. Heres so im e pics of the new and old system. Had some spots tack welded for secure fit, it ain't moving at all. Enjoy and good luck to whomever decides to install exhaust of you choice on your truck

Attachments

• 20190121_101019.jpg
    20190121_101019.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 293
  • 20190121_092209.jpg
    20190121_092209.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 286
  • 20190121_101029.jpg
    20190121_101029.jpg
    886.7 KB · Views: 278
  • 20190121_081240.jpg
    20190121_081240.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 267
  • 20190121_100952.jpg
    20190121_100952.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 272

Al Czervik

Sag A*
Reaction score
Exhaust is DONE! It isn't as loud as I thought it was going to be from all the chatter in the previous posts made by different members on here. That goes to show you, dont take anyone's word for it bcuz we all have different likes and dislikes. In my opinion it does sound bad a$$ to me and looks good. Heres so im e pics of the new and old system. Had some spots tack welded for secure fit, it ain't moving at all. Enjoy and good luck to whomever decides to install exhaust of you choice on your truck

Congrats, brother... Sounds like you love it as much as I do! :cool:

Reactions: Laz

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well I am happy for all that are getting the sounds that they are looking for. That’s the great part as it goes to prove there is something out there for everyone...

SColang22

Reaction score
Thank you, I will have installer call the tomorrow, I'm trying to get at least 3-4 different companies so that if the first one or 2 or 3 dont have any in stock then the 4th maybe the one to it from. Thank you
If its not to late I would save the money and install yourself. It takes less than 2 hours and can be done with a socket set. Its very easy.

SColang22

Reaction score
I'm debating between the atak and s-type. Would going up to the atak be too loud? I hear all kind of different opinions. To me the touring doesn't sound much louder than stock. I'm looking for more of the bass sound.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Now as someone who has had both the S Type and the Touring, I can say that the Touring definitely is louder then stock. If your stock exhaust sounds like a Touring, then your exhaust is NOT stock lol.

SColang22

Reaction score
Now as someone who has had both the S Type and the Touring, I can say that the Touring definitely is louder then stock. If your stock exhaust sounds like a Touring, then your exhaust is NOT stock lol.
It sounds louder just to me not a whole lot louder after the engine warms up. Still an upgrade

Laz

Reaction score
If its not to late I would save the money and install yourself. It takes less than 2 hours and can be done with a socket set. Its very easy.
Thanks bud, I had a friend install it and tack weld it to make sure it ain't movin

Laz

Reaction score
I'm debating between the atak and s-type. Would going up to the atak be too loud? I hear all kind of different opinions. To me the touring doesn't sound much louder than stock. I'm looking for more of the bass sound.
I personally went with the s type instead of the atak due to the higher pitch noise like the ricer Honda accords. But I'd suggest hearing and researching the one you like best as the sounds does change from one to another. Good luck

mhb1638

Reaction score
Those with the touring Borla, is the muffler a 14" or a 19" muffler? I'm about ready to purchase and remove my MF catback (not fond of the sound). But i want to know what size the muffler is.

mhb1638

Reaction score
Well I pulled the trigger last night with Nick @ gotexhaust. Ordered a Borla touring system with the black tips. This will be replacing my MagnaFlow catback system thats installed now....(which I will be putting up for sale). Interested to see how things change in terms of sound. While the MF system is deep, and provides a nice mellow sound, it's just not quite the sound I'm looking for. Maybe by next weekend I'll have it installed.

Al Czervik

Sag A*
Reaction score
Well I pulled the trigger last night with Nick @ gotexhaust. Ordered a Borla touring system with the black tips. This will be replacing my MagnaFlow catback system thats installed now....(which I will be putting up for sale). Interested to see how things change in terms of sound. While the MF system is deep, and provides a nice mellow sound, it's just not quite the sound I'm looking for. Maybe by next weekend I'll have it installed.

Hope the Borla touring turns out to be the sound you are looking for... You shouldn't have any problem finding a new home for your MF when it comes time.

PorBoy

Reaction score
The Magnaflow didn’t do what exactly for you sound wise ?

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Magnaflow didn’t do what exactly for you sound wise ?

I have a magnaflow, I like it, it's everything I had on paper that I was looking for.

I'm guessing he wants a little more noise and "bark".
My Borla XR1 on my 4th gen had a lot more of both.

Personally I'm holding off my complete evaluation until the exhaust settles in, and I get to hear it with windows down (not during winter).
The 5th gen's sound-proofing is VERY good, makes exhaust note harder to evaluate with allll the windows up!

RenoRam

Reaction score
I have a magnaflow, I like it, it's everything I had on paper that I was looking for.

I'm guessing he wants a little more noise and "bark".
My Borla XR1 on my 4th gen had a lot more of both.

Personally I'm holding off my complete evaluation until the exhaust settles in, and I get to hear it with windows down (not during winter).
The 5th gen's sound-proofing is VERY good, makes exhaust note harder to evaluate with allll the windows up!
Not sure if a Borla Touring system would provide more bark than Magnaflow. In any case, I am curious as to what sound @mhb1638 is seeking and hope he finds that with the Borla.

mhb1638

Reaction score
Not looking for "bark" at all. I'm looking for a certain sound. My previous 2019 ram had just the Borla muffler installed and the sound was spot on to me. I decided on this truck I'd go full catback and for the cost, I did a MF system. Again, it sounds great and all, just not the sound I want. Call it a difference in muffler sounds. I'm not looking for louder or anything, just a certain sound. I'm hoping the Borla provides that. I'm sure it will. If not, I'm out a grand for test purposes LOL! Kidding aside, i just think this is a better sounding system over MF. I'll have more concrete info in time.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not looking for "bark" at all. I'm looking for a certain sound. My previous 2019 ram had just the Borla muffler installed and the sound was spot on to me. I decided on this truck I'd go full catback and for the cost, I did a MF system. Again, it sounds great and all, just not the sound I want. Call it a difference in muffler sounds. I'm not looking for louder or anything, just a certain sound. I'm hoping the Borla provides that. I'm sure it will. If not, I'm out a grand for test purposes LOL! Kidding aside, i just think this is a better sounding system over MF. I'll have more concrete info in time.

Not crazy at all!
I think The carven system, while well made, doesn't have the sound I was looking for.
And a lot guys still love their carvens, more power to them. I think variety is great!

Users who are viewing this thread