5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borla Exhaust

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
See this is why this forum is helpful. That's really valuable information. Seems they jacked up the price before holiday season so they can offer a "discounted" price. Classic. I wouldn't have known because I had no baseline of a good price point to begin with. Very much appreciated sir!

And yes the Hellwig thing threw me off as well. Literally told me they couldn't get me the part, and then asked me what I wanted to do... Like... you have my money already, and are now asking me what I want to do without offering any alternatives or solutions? Figured a full refund would've been standard in that situation if you literally have zero options to complete my order. Seemed so unprofessional as I said which is why I'll pass on TDot. Could be a one time thing, but left a bad impression.
Prices went up on Borla during the summer for everyone. Almost a 20% increase in some items.

truckless

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. Checked em out but either they're completely out of stock of everything or they just don't have parts for RAM's.

For the Borla's? I tried to paste the search results link but they use tokens (grrrrr) and default to the main page. For 2022s you would have to search for 2021....
Never bought from them.....just found them as I have been looking to stock up whil I wait as well :)

Let's try this one:

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
Prices went up on Borla during the summer for everyone. Almost a 20% increase in some items.
No doubt in anticipation on the holiday season. Predictable move, but I get it.
For the Borla's? I tried to paste the search results link but they use tokens (grrrrr) and default to the main page. For 2022s you would have to search for 2021....
Never bought from them.....just found them as I have been looking to stock up whil I wait as well :)

Let's try this one:
And this is awesome thanks! Actually the best price on the Borla's I've seen across the country. Appreciate the link! This forum is awesome.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No doubt in anticipation on the holiday season. Predictable move, but I get it.
It was due to supply issues and material cost. Every aftermarket part manufacturer has had to increase prices. Many held off as long as they could but it was inevitable. Had nothing to do with holiday season. Material costs have gone up, shipping prices have gone up, labor rates have gone up. You can't expect businesses to absorb all that cost, would put many out of business as they operate on thin margins.

truckless

Reaction score
It was due to supply issues and material cost. Every aftermarket part manufacturer has had to increase prices. Many held off as long as they could but it was inevitable. Had nothing to do with holiday season. Material costs have gone up, shipping prices have gone up, labor rates have gone up. You can't expect businesses to absorb all that cost, would put many out of business as they operate on thin margins.

With the floods now in BC cutting off the main routes out of BC, my wife has some suppliers now charging a 20% shipping surcharge on top of all other increases. It ain't just Stellantis that's a clusterfuck right now. :(

Last edited:

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
I mean fair, but slow price increase towards holiday season is a very real practice retailers use. With regards to this particular product, shipping from this vendor is "free" which makes it reasonable to assume its negligible in their eyes otherwise a small flat fee would help offset any increase. I would have no problem paying that. They also have units already in stock sitting in their warehouse so not like they have materials to worry about. It's not made to order. Labor may have gone up, but that's not something the consumer should have to eat. Agree to disagree.
With the floods now in BC cutting off the main routes out of BC, my wife has some suppliers now charging a 20% shipping surcharge on top of all other increases. It ain't just Stellantis that's a clusterfuck right now. :(
That, is totally understandable. Supply chain disruption is a thing. The vendors I'm talking about are in ON so hopefully not affected by those floods. Kind of hard to get around mother nature doing what it wants so in a case like that, I wouldn't be that upset if I knew the context.

truckless

Reaction score
That, is totally understandable. Supply chain disruption is a thing. The vendors I'm talking about are in ON so hopefully not affected by those floods. Kind of hard to get around mother nature doing what it wants so in a case like that, I wouldn't be that upset if I knew the context.

For sure.... Just between what the pandemic and mother nature has thrown.... Ay caraumba

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I mean fair, but slow price increase towards holiday season is a very real practice retailers use. With regards to this particular product, shipping from this vendor is "free" which makes it reasonable to assume its negligible in their eyes otherwise a small flat fee would help offset any increase. I would have no problem paying that. They also have units already in stock sitting in their warehouse so not like they have materials to worry about. It's not made to order. Labor may have gone up, but that's not something the consumer should have to eat. Agree to disagree.

Most places that offer "free" shipping incorporate the shipping cost into the list price for item. But people are more likely to buy from a place that offeres "free" shipping vs someplace that has a similar price, but charges a shipping fee. It's a common eBay practice. One seller will list several items at different prices with different shipping rates. If you do the math, the final price always comes out the same,

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
Most places that offer "free" shipping incorporate the shipping cost into the list price for item. But people are more likely to buy from a place that offeres "free" shipping vs someplace that has a similar price, but charges a shipping fee. It's a common eBay practice. One seller will list several items at different prices with different shipping rates. If you do the math, the final price always comes out the same,
Yeah we're talking about different things.

Selcher

Reaction score
Can't resist these Black Friday sales any longer.

Is it safe to say the Borla S-Type for a 2021 is the same as for a 2022 and every other year for that matter? Pulling the trigger because I can't do this stock exhaust any more.

RedWhite&PatriotBlue

Reaction score
Installed Borla Touring today. Got a great price on Cyber Monday, paid <$900 to my door. During install though, got to say I'm disappointed in the fitment. Exhaust flange was not flush, caused a huge headache. Also the passenger side tip hanger was WAY bent. With it fit loose and in the bushing you could barely fit a piece of paper between the tip and the bumper. Had to take it off, heat up the hanger, and hammer it out to get more room. I've installed a few exhaust systems way less than the $1000+ MSRP Borla asks, and they had better fitment.

RamLink83

Reaction score
Installed Borla Touring today. Got a great price on Cyber Monday, paid <$900 to my door. During install though, got to say I'm disappointed in the fitment. Exhaust flange was not flush, caused a huge headache. Also the passenger side tip hanger was WAY bent. With it fit loose and in the bushing you could barely fit a piece of paper between the tip and the bumper. Had to take it off, heat up the hanger, and hammer it out to get more room. I've installed a few exhaust systems way less than the $1000+ MSRP Borla asks, and they had better fitment.
Had major fitment issues with my borla. Returned and went with AWE. Much better fitment.

RedWhite&PatriotBlue

Reaction score
Had major fitment issues with my borla. Returned and went with AWE. Much better fitment.
Yea, I was somewhat in denial that it was that bad. It's still not centered like I would like it. May end up having a muffler shop get it where I want it. Just stinks it came out that way for the money.

RamLink83

Reaction score
Yea, I was somewhat in denial that it was that bad. It's still not centered like I would like it. May end up having a muffler shop get it where I want it. Just stinks it came out that way for the money.
Yeah for how much it costs, shouldn't have to deal with those kinds of issues. They need to change up the design and make the tips similar to how the factory exhaust tips attach or like AWE. Another issue I dealt with was the exhaust tips moving after driving. I would get mine centered as good as I could and then after driving for a few days, they would move out of alignment slightly. AWE solves a lot of the movement by having a split collar clamp on either side of the exhaust hanger mount to keep it from moving side to side.

They're customer service is great though. So if you plan on taking it to a muffler shop, contact Borla first. They will reimburse you.

JJameSS

Reaction score
Same here with my SType.... muffler was hitting the frame, the pipe was hitting under the bed, had to bend hangers. Took it off and popped stock back on with the Aero Turbine and couldn't be happier.

RedWhite&PatriotBlue

Reaction score
Yeah for how much it costs, shouldn't have to deal with those kinds of issues. They need to change up the design and make the tips similar to how the factory exhaust tips attach or like AWE. Another issue I dealt with was the exhaust tips moving after driving. I would get mine centered as good as I could and then after driving for a few days, they would move out of alignment slightly. AWE solves a lot of the movement by having a split collar clamp on either side of the exhaust hanger mount to keep it from moving side to side.

They're customer service is great though. So if you plan on taking it to a muffler shop, contact Borla first. They will reimburse you.
Thanks for letting me know about the customer service. I will be calling them, as I am going to take the truck into an exhaust shop to get the tips centered. They're both about 1/2" inward and not centered in the cutout. Small detail, but drives me crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread