5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borla Exhaust

Selcher

Reaction score
The GT I test drove sounded way more like a Borla system than a Corsa.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
waiting for my dealer to get one in stock so I can hear it in person. Hope it sounds good so I can get a la exhaust on mine

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I always thought it was Corsa who made the Mopar catbacks, they did at one point I don't know if anything has changed.
Depends on the vehicle. I know that both Corsa and Borla made exhausts for the Chargers/Challengers, depending on the motor.

The RAM Mopar Catback sounds like a Borla, and based on this picture look to be made by Borla:

1637642061070.png

For comparison, this is the only picture I have of my entire S-Type before install, but certainly looks to be near identical:

1637642616833.png

Last edited:

RamLink83

Reaction score
Depends on the vehicle. I know that both Corsa and Borla made exhausts for the Chargers/Challengers, depending on the motor.

The RAM Mopar Catback sounds like a Borla, and based on this picture look to be made by Borla:

View attachment 111925

For comparison, this is the only picture I have of my entire S-Type before install, but certainly looks to be near identical:

View attachment 111926
I wish Borla made their tailpipes adjustable like the mopar system and the stock system. That is a major design flaw in my opinion and the reason I returned mine. No matter what kind of adjustments I made, the passenger tip would not center or come down from touching the bumper.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wish Borla made their tailpipes adjustable like the mopar system and the stock system. That is a major design flaw in my opinion and the reason I returned mine. No matter what kind of adjustments I made, the passenger tip would not center or come down from touching the bumper.
I agree. I would have bought one if it was adjustable.

RamLink83

Reaction score
How loud is it compared to the borla touring? Happen to know??
Outside of the truck its a bit louder, but not a ton louder. Cold starts are pretty aggressive, but so was the Touring. Inside the truck, the AWE is a little quieter during normal driving. Both are loud when you stomp on the pedal. The Borla Touring was actually much louder than I expected. I think the main difference for me from inside the truck, is the AWE sounds like it's coming from the rear of the truck (like it is), where the Borla sounded like the exhaust was exiting right behind the cab making the sound seem closer and louder inside. It was never obnoxious but definintely noticable.

Both are way louder than stock in my opinion.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I couldn't get mine adjusted in my driveway, but I went to a local shop and the guy used a large crowbar to bend and adjust the exhaust hangers. He raised and lowered the tips, moved them left and right, all with a crowbar. So just an FYI that they can be adjusted by just manipulating the hangers.

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
I'm looking to get the Atak system for my truck. Prices are kind of outrageous for shipping to Canada. Anyone with Borla exhaust know a decent place to look? The used market is kind of nuts.

Best price I've found so far was $1306 CAD all in from partsengine.ca with their 10% Black Friday discount. To those who have bought it, is that a good price to pay or should I hold off and wait?

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Borla paid for me to have an exhaust shop do the adjustment. A simple cut and weld have them centered perfectly.

Selcher

Reaction score
I'm looking to get the Atak system for my truck. Prices are kind of outrageous for shipping to Canada. Anyone with Borla exhaust know a decent place to look? The used market is kind of nuts.

Best price I've found so far was $1306 CAD all in from partsengine.ca with their 10% Black Friday discount. To those who have bought it, is that a good price to pay or should I hold off and wait?
There or TDot Performance would be your best bet.

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
There or TDot Performance would be your best bet.
I actually attempted to order a crate muffler thru TDot last week. Received an odd message about my order explaining they could not get the part as they were "currently in contract negotiations with Borla" and then asked me how I would like to proceed, while giving me no other options... I get we're in Covid times but that was just really unprofessional IMO. Won't be getting my business any longer.

The reason I asked my above question is that I was trying to save a few $$$ and just get a bolt on muffler instead. But now I'm strongly considering a full cat-back but have no idea what a good price point is. My last truck I literally just had the muffler cut out.

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
I actually attempted to order a crate muffler thru TDot last week. Received an odd message about my order explaining they could not get the part as they were "currently in contract negotiations with Borla" and then asked me how I would like to proceed, while giving me no other options... I get we're in Covid times but that was just really unprofessional IMO. Won't be getting my business any longer.

The reason I asked my above question is that I was trying to save a few $$$ and just get a bolt on muffler instead. But now I'm strongly considering a full cat-back but have no idea what a good price point is. My last truck I literally just had the muffler cut out.
Sorry, correction. It was for a Hellwig Sway bar, not the Borla muffler with regards to TDot.

HydroRebel

Reaction score

I bought the Borla Touring from partsengine.ca in July and paid $1,270.32. There was some sort of discount on the receipt (I can't remember what it was though). That was the best price I found in Canada at that time. I also bought the Hellwig swaybar in July from Tdot so I don't know what that BS is all about.

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
I bought the Borla Touring from partsengine.ca in July and paid $1,270.32. There was some sort of discount on the receipt (I can't remember what it was though). That was the best price I found in Canada at that time. I also bought the Hellwig swaybar in July from Tdot so I don't know what that BS is all about.
See this is why this forum is helpful. That's really valuable information. Seems they jacked up the price before holiday season so they can offer a "discounted" price. Classic. I wouldn't have known because I had no baseline of a good price point to begin with. Very much appreciated sir!

And yes the Hellwig thing threw me off as well. Literally told me they couldn't get me the part, and then asked me what I wanted to do... Like... you have my money already, and are now asking me what I want to do without offering any alternatives or solutions? Figured a full refund would've been standard in that situation if you literally have zero options to complete my order. Seemed so unprofessional as I said which is why I'll pass on TDot. Could be a one time thing, but left a bad impression.

HydroRebel

Reaction score
See this is why this forum is helpful. That's really valuable information. Seems they jacked up the price before holiday season so they can offer a "discounted" price. Classic. I wouldn't have known because I had no baseline of a good price point to begin with. Very much appreciated sir!

And yes the Hellwig thing threw me off as well. Literally told me they couldn't get me the part, and then asked me what I wanted to do... Like... you have my money already, and are now asking me what I want to do without offering any alternatives or solutions? Figured a full refund would've been standard in that situation if you literally have zero options to complete my order. Seemed so unprofessional as I said which is why I'll pass on TDot. Could be a one time thing, but left a bad impression.
Yeah that's a weird thing with Tdot. I've ordered several things from them over the years and never had an issue. The Hellwig sway bar is a worthy investment though. I would check around to see where else you can grab one.

truckless

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread