5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borla Exhaust

Bambohunter

Reaction score
Simply put. Muffler swap or full cat back? Is there really much difference debating S type or atak.

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Simply put. Muffler swap or full cat back? Is there really much difference debating S type or atak.
I’m getting a Borla cat back Atak installed Friday. That seems to be the safest way to go. Eco will likely sound terrible without a cat back

Bambohunter

Reaction score
What are they charging you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wellcraft221

Reaction score
Borla Atak cat back a month ago. Just enough to hear it on the the highway but wake up the neighborhood when you throttle it.

Bambohunter

Reaction score
Here’s a quick video I recorded of before and after the Borla Atak install. I think it sounds great and definitely not too loud for me. install

Nice video. Did you level you truck? Any rubbing with those tires?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks! No level. The video was recorded in Offroad 1. I’ve had no rubbing in normal, offroad1, or Offroad 2. I disabled Aero mode, so I haven’t checked for rubbing in aero or Entry/exit. Discount Tire says this is the biggest tire with no rubbing or trimming required

Gipraw

Reaction score
I have the ATAK on mine and it sounds great. No drone when cruising in the highway. Sounds less than ideal in ECO, so I just disable ECO when I don’t want to hear it. I installed mine with the supplied clamps. It was the third install I’ve done of a Borla catback on a Ram. If you do it yourself, save the time and just cut the old one off going over the axle instead of disconnecting the sway bar end link and fighting to get that joint to break open.

RebelRomper

Reaction score
Does anyone else love driving in tow/haul mode just to hear their exhaust (borla s)?? I love how that mode holds the gear through turns, uses downshifts to slow and reva a little higher with light to moderate acceleration. I’m sure it’s not healthy to drive in that mode often, but it sounds amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SMJBAV

Reaction score
I have the ATAK on mine and it sounds great. No drone when cruising in the highway. Sounds less than ideal in ECO, so I just disable ECO when I don’t want to hear it. I installed mine with the supplied clamps. It was the third install I’ve done of a Borla catback on a Ram. If you do it yourself, save the time and just cut the old one off going over the axle instead of disconnecting the sway bar end link and fighting to get that joint to break open.

How do you disable ECO? My understanding is that disabling the light in the dash board does not disable the system. If I am wrong please correct me because I would love to gert rid of the low RPM drone.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How do you disable ECO? My understanding is that disabling the light in the dash board does not disable the system. If I am wrong please correct me because I would love to gert rid of the low RPM drone.
The only way to disable MDS without buying something is:

- Select '8' on the +/- gear selector on the steering wheel
- Select/activate tow/haul mode

The downside is that you have to make those selections every time you start the truck.

Those are the only 2 methods I know of to disable MDS short of 3rd party products (TazerDT, custom tune, etc.).

IzzysAuto

Reaction score
I have the full Catback Touring from Borla and I love it. As for sound it’s quiet when you want it to be and at highway speed. It’s even quiet at 65 mph and I have the 3.92 gears. Also this is food for thought. Don’t hack up your factory catback. Do it right and replace it with a full system. Two reasons for this it always allows you to go back to stock and if so or need be you can sale the Borla system if someone wants the truck stock. At the time of resale especially to a dealership, they will put the most money in a stock truck and to a third party will appreciate it and pay you more for a truck with a complete system and not one that has been cut or welded on.

IzzysAuto

Reaction score
Sorry as for the sound it’s a real deep sound that’s not annoying and will give you many smiles per miles.

Users who are viewing this thread