5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borla Exhaust

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know about the customer service. I will be calling them, as I am going to take the truck into an exhaust shop to get the tips centered. They're both about 1/2" inward and not centered in the cutout. Small detail, but drives me crazy.
But how does it sound???

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just to throw it out there, I think I said it earlier on this thread but I had **** fitment on my S-Type and Borla reimbursed me for the fix at an exhaust shop.

RedWhite&PatriotBlue

Reaction score
Just to throw it out there, I think I said it earlier on this thread but I had **** fitment on my S-Type and Borla reimbursed me for the fix at an exhaust shop.
Yup, I emailed them and they said the same...now to find a shop that will do it.

RedWhite&PatriotBlue

Reaction score
Thought you all would find this funny...so I was getting on an the highway yesterday, saw no one on the highway and decided to mash the throttle on the onramp and let those American ponies gallop! Got to 75 and backed it off, highway turns slightly and there's a cop sitting right there under a bridge 😬.

Even told the cop why I was speeding, "Yea, I just installed Borla exhaust and wanted to hear it when no one was around!" This officer must not be a red blooded American, as he didn't even smile and handed me a ticket.

My speeding ticket just negated any Cyber Monday savings I had on the exhaust... :LOL:

RamLink83

Reaction score
Thought you all would find this funny...so I was getting on an the highway yesterday, saw no one on the highway and decided to mash the throttle on the onramp and let those American ponies gallop! Got to 75 and backed it off, highway turns slightly and there's a cop sitting right there under a bridge 😬.

Even told the cop why I was speeding, "Yea, I just installed Borla exhaust and wanted to hear it when no one was around!" This officer must not be a red blooded American, as he didn't even smile and handed me a ticket.

My speeding ticket just negated any Cyber Monday savings I had on the exhaust... :LOL:
Maybe Borla will reimburse you for that too? lol

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
Got mine installed yesterday. My brother and I had a hell of a time getting it in. Had a local shop fix it today. As others have stated, the fitment was terrible. One tip was literally touching my bumper, and the other was noticeably off center. The muffler itself was also 1/2" from the frame. Three of the hangers had to be cut out and replaced. Even they were shocked at how terrible it was out of the box. Said it wasn't my fault at all and that it was installed properly.

Not happy with the process, but the end result is fantastic. It sounds amazing. Exactly what I expected thanks to others on here who have posted sound clips. Definitely sounds like a truck now. Wasn't a fan of the Corsa. Sounds a bit too much like a truck trying to be a sports/muscle car. To each their own.

I have the etorque on mine and was a bit worried I'd get annoyed of it during start/stop but I actually don't even really notice it anymore. Took less than a day to get used to it. There's zero drone to my ears, even when MDS kicks in which was significantly more noticeable in my last truck with a muffler delete.

Overall happy with it, but only after getting it to fit right. I echo everyone else's complaint about it being bullspit that you pay what you pay and it doesn't fit right out of the box.

RedWhite&PatriotBlue

Reaction score
Got mine installed yesterday. My brother and I had a hell of a time getting it in. Had a local shop fix it today. As others have stated, the fitment was terrible. One tip was literally touching my bumper, and the other was noticeably off center. The muffler itself was also 1/2" from the frame. Three of the hangers had to be cut out and replaced. Even they were shocked at how terrible it was out of the box. Said it wasn't my fault at all and that it was installed properly.

Not happy with the process, but the end result is fantastic. It sounds amazing. Exactly what I expected thanks to others on here who have posted sound clips. Definitely sounds like a truck now. Wasn't a fan of the Corsa. Sounds a bit too much like a truck trying to be a sports/muscle car. To each their own.

I have the etorque on mine and was a bit worried I'd get annoyed of it during start/stop but I actually don't even really notice it anymore. Took less than a day to get used to it. There's zero drone to my ears, even when MDS kicks in which was significantly more noticeable in my last truck with a muffler delete.

Overall happy with it, but only after getting it to fit right. I echo everyone else's complaint about it being bullspit that you pay what you pay and it doesn't fit right out of the box.
Still need to get mine to a muffler shop...

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wondering how many people who say they can't get tips aligned don't realize you have to adjust the tailpipes and both junctions, and not just the last one?

RamLink83

Reaction score
Wondering how many people who say they can't get tips aligned don't realize you have to adjust the tailpipes and both junctions, and not just the last one?
Unfortunately the passenger pipe only has one junction and that is the side that fits horribly. The driver side can be adjusted easily since there are two pieces. AWE exhaust is way easier to adjust because the tips are separate pieces. I had the borla touring and now the AWE.

RedWhite&PatriotBlue

Reaction score
I had every clamp loose other than the front flange. I was literally hanging off of the exhaust pipe (207lbs) under the truck trying to pull it down from contacting the bumper on the passenger side. Butane torch and sledge hammer later...it was pretty close.

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
Tried that. Left everything loose enough to fiddle with and no matter what you do it won't fit right. It's literally the pipes/hangers that aren't shaped right. Hence why the shop cut three of the hangers.

Regardless of the tips, the muffler itself shouldn't be almost touching any part of the truck out of the box. It's pretty much impossible to fluff it up from the factory flange back to the muffler so that's just unacceptable.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Tried that. Left everything loose enough to fiddle with and no matter what you do it won't fit right. It's literally the pipes/hangers that aren't shaped right. Hence why the shop cut three of the hangers.

Regardless of the tips, the muffler itself shouldn't be almost touching any part of the truck out of the box. It's pretty much impossible to fluff it up from the factory flange back to the muffler so that's just unacceptable.
I'm not saying that most aren't doing it right, But I have "fixed* friends exhausts by just loosening clamps and re-adjustinf because they just slapped it in and tightened everything as they went, instead of using each joint as an adjustment point

MarvsAMartian

Reaction score
I'm not saying that most aren't doing it right, But I have "fixed* friends exhausts by just loosening clamps and re-adjustinf because they just slapped it in and tightened everything as they went, instead of using each joint as an adjustment point
I wish it was that simple on the system I got. I hear what you're saying.

LiveWire

Reaction score
Im doing "something" with my exhaust next tuesday on a 22 1500 hemi. Luckily I have a small exhaust shop close to me that has done at least 6 trucks for me.
They will cut the main muffler out, leave the resonators, let me take it for a drive (all my chevys and last hemi were just straight pipes), if I dont like it, they stock magnaflow will stick it in and let me drive it.. They will only charge me around $200 plus parts depending on which direction I go.

LiveWire

Reaction score
Im doing "something" with my exhaust next tuesday on a 22 1500 hemi. Luckily I have a small exhaust shop close to me that has done at least 6 trucks for me.
They will cut the main muffler out, leave the resonators, let me take it for a drive (all my chevys and last hemi were just straight pipes), if I dont like it, they stock magnaflow will stick it in and let me drive it.. They will only charge me around $200 plus parts depending on which direction I go.
All they did was cut out the main muffler, left resonators and stuck in a magnaflow. Has a good sound, and not to loud. You can notice a very very slight drone when eco kicks in.

GadgetMason

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I dropped in the Borla S-Type Cat back. Love it! Downside was I put in a Ranch Hand sport rear bumper which covered it… ended up paying a local shop to extend and center my Borla’s so I could see it again 😎🇺🇸
photos:
1. Stock
2. Borla added
3. Ranch Hand added
4-7. Exhaust extension and center

Attachments

• B5ECB89A-07C4-4076-959C-AB715BC63EC8.jpeg
    B5ECB89A-07C4-4076-959C-AB715BC63EC8.jpeg
    260.8 KB · Views: 50
  • ACEB23A0-AEB1-4692-B189-4672F6AC7144.jpeg
    ACEB23A0-AEB1-4692-B189-4672F6AC7144.jpeg
    293 KB · Views: 52
  • F6123EF0-7540-4529-BD5D-02D493F9C8C5.jpeg
    F6123EF0-7540-4529-BD5D-02D493F9C8C5.jpeg
    234.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 108A47CA-907B-4CC3-99C0-A1418195BC72.jpeg
    108A47CA-907B-4CC3-99C0-A1418195BC72.jpeg
    102.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 0ADA5123-F379-4732-98AF-29C5186B8DFC.jpeg
    0ADA5123-F379-4732-98AF-29C5186B8DFC.jpeg
    149.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 3C60564D-DAF9-4AB0-AA0F-88788BC74FD8.jpeg
    3C60564D-DAF9-4AB0-AA0F-88788BC74FD8.jpeg
    212 KB · Views: 50
  • 4174CD88-F529-4FBE-B0EE-8EA0BF821C9C.jpeg
    4174CD88-F529-4FBE-B0EE-8EA0BF821C9C.jpeg
    222.5 KB · Views: 50

Aschulte13

Reaction score
Just going to throw this out there, love the Atak but it will drive you crazy when towing long distances. Went from Denver to Moab with the pop up and it was awful. Maybe a resonator would help? Let me know.

Klicht87

Reaction score
Just going to throw this out there, love the Atak but it will drive you crazy when towing long distances. Went from Denver to Moab with the pop up and it was awful. Maybe a resonator would help? Let me know.
I had the borla resonator before I sold the set for AWE. It toned it down a little bit. I'm not sure if it was really worth it. The ATAK sounds amazing. Just too loud for me. The resonator got rid of that bite but probably defeats the purpose of the ATAK. If you're towing a lot, then it may be a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread