5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein Availability

bigdaddy

Reaction score
I've got a '19 Ram 1500 (no ORP) and I'm looking to lift 3.5". Currently my stock rake is 2 1/2". I would like to have slight rake if I were to pull a trailer. Would like to get the Bilstein 5100. What top hat would be best to pair to achieve the lift I want up front? What's a good UCA to get as well? What about the rear? Trying to get a better understanding of lifts/levels and suspension geometry.

Bustedgrills

Reaction score
I've got a '19 Ram 1500 (no ORP) and I'm looking to lift 3.5". Currently my stock rake is 2 1/2". I would like to have slight rake if I were to pull a trailer. Would like to get the Bilstein 5100. What top hat would be best to pair to achieve the lift I want up front? What's a good UCA to get as well? What about the rear? Trying to get a better understanding of lifts/levels and suspension geometry.
get the readylift 2" level kit...it comes with the tubular uca's and the tophat spacer...I paired that with the bilstein 6112s on the 5th clip position and added icon 1.5" rear lift springs and bilstein 5100 rear shocks...looks level but there is about 1/2" to 5/8" rake...able to fit 295/55r22 toyo open country at3 and just had to slightly modify wheelwells to avoid rubbing

cervelo15

Reaction score
Now I'm torn....when I originally decided to go this route for the lift, I was hunting the Bilstein 5100. Then they were on backorder. Then i was swayed to the Mopar 2" lift route, which is also on backorder (supposedly to those that place order 4/21 is the target date to get those kits out).

So seeing this, I'm wondering if I just go the Bilstein route vs. the Mopar 2" lift. Any opinions to share?

MadMater'

Reaction score

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1617717886205.png

Those of you wanting 5100's just need to watch the front and rear set for a bit. They have restocked these 3 times in the past 3-4 days so its only a matter of time until you get a set. Good luck!

JbVt

Reaction score
View attachment 88381

Those of you wanting 5100's just need to watch the front and rear set for a bit. They have restocked these 3 times in the past 3-4 days so its only a matter of time until you get a set. Good luck!
Figures! As soon as I break and order the Eibachs, Bilstein is restocking the 5100s. What to do???

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Figures! As soon as I break and order the Eibachs, Bilstein is restocking the 5100s. What to do???
Eibachs are still a very reputable shock company. I think I would stay the course with them since you have them ordered already. Plus you're not guaranteed to get those ever elusive 5100s!

jonnyrebel88

Reaction score

JbVt

Reaction score

Have gone on multiple times today, not in stock
Damn, you're right. Once I tried adding them to my cart it updated and out of stock. Sorry brother. I will say, Eibachs are in stock and a touch cheaper. Ordered mine a few days ago. 🤷‍♂️

jonnyrebel88

Reaction score
I might just do the ready lift control arms and spacer for the time being until they come back in stock, been looking at them anyway instead of the rough country ucas

MadMater'

Reaction score
I might just do the ready lift control arms and spacer for the time being until they come back in stock, been looking at them anyway instead of the rough country ucas
They were in stock earlier today and I got a tracking number from the ones I ordered yesterday. Keep checking in the am, they seem to be adding some every day.

Warmonkey497

Reaction score
Part of my response/conversation with another member

I contacted Bilstein to check and they claim the springs with the ORP will work fine for what I want(level it) part number 24-232203 and the setting to use on the 5100 would be #5 setting. I plan on just doing the fronts at this point since I only do normal household moving of things now a days and very little towing. Bad news is that my installer went from 2 weeks back order, to "late July" back order. Bilstein claims it's Covid related since their workers can only work so many hours with their reduced staffing. I was trying to get a better timeline on shipment or buy them direct but that didn't happen. They actually said their shipments to fill orders are kind of "the luck of the draw". Not good news but at least it's an answer. I contacted 4WP to see if they had them in stock, and was told by 1 person they did. I called back once I retrieved my CC but the next person said they were on back order.. sooo........

bigdaddy

Reaction score
get the readylift 2" level kit...it comes with the tubular uca's and the tophat spacer...I paired that with the bilstein 6112s on the 5th clip position and added icon 1.5" rear lift springs and bilstein 5100 rear shocks...looks level but there is about 1/2" to 5/8" rake...able to fit 295/55r22 toyo open country at3 and just had to slightly modify wheelwells to avoid rubbing
Would I be able to achieve the same with getting the 5100 for the front instead of the 6112?

puba08

Reaction score
do you have any pics of the zone uca installed? haven't seen many of those.

f8957f17d2b16bd0e49082ad56b11303.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ccm12

Reaction score
5th clip setting with the readylift tophat spacer and their tubular upper control arms...got almost exactly 3.5"lift in the front and 1.5" for the rear
Is this what you ordered from ready lift?

Bustedgrills

Reaction score
Is this what you ordered from ready lift?
yes sir

Users who are viewing this thread