5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein Availability

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered my bilsteins last week friday and they showed up less than a week later.

ImageX

Reaction score
Does anybody know about how much a shop charges to install new struts in the truck including transferring over the springs and various needed parts from the oem strut? I’m thinking about having Dobb’s do mine.... and possibly get my tires and mount them as well. Obviously, I’ll be calling. Was just kind of wondering what everyone was paying that didn’t do them themselves.

cervelo15

Reaction score
Does anybody know about how much a shop charges to install new struts in the truck including transferring over the springs and various needed parts from the oem strut? I’m thinking about having Dobb’s do mine.... and possibly get my tires and mount them as well. Obviously, I’ll be calling. Was just kind of wondering what everyone was paying that didn’t do them themselves.
Local garage here quoted me $350, which includes the install and full wheel alignment.

ImageX

Reaction score
Just noticed today that the 5100 Front Adjustable shocks are no longer listed on Bilstein.com/US site under RAM 1500. Only the 4600, Rear 5100, Rear 5160 and 6112.

Morenar

Reaction score

fastlanez

Reaction score
I’ve been refreshing many sites and I saw them pop up as available on CarID yesterday and ended up placing my order there. Just waiting for a tracking number.

SurfRebel20

Reaction score
did the front today will finish rear tomorrow. didn't even have to remove brake calipers. everything went smooth except had to remove wheel weights due to hitting calipers. have an alignment appointment Thursday so il have them re balance wheels to accommodate the calipers. 20210410_144628.jpg 20210410_113401.jpg

Jesster

Reaction score
I called Realtruck.com yesterday, and they said the had 8 pairs in the FL warehouse. Ordered the pair and they are supposed to be here 4/16.

Warmonkey497

Reaction score
I called Realtruck, they are out of stock (at least as of 4/12 when I called) with no known date of restock.

Morenar

Reaction score
Well bad news. Received shocks and one of them was missing the installation kit. Waiting on Bilsteinlifts to respond on what they can do.

Morenar

Reaction score
Well bad news. Received shocks and one of them was missing the installation kit. Waiting on Bilsteinlifts to respond on what they can do.
Just heard back. They have sent a request to have Bilstein send me an installation kit. Let's see how long that may be. :rolleyes:

Highertechnology

Reaction score

Dang. Don’t have my truck yet but I better check the box. Sorry to hear it.

JbVt

Reaction score
Just heard back. They have sent a request to have Bilstein send me an installation kit. Let's see how long that may be. :rolleyes:
Hopefully quicker than I get my shocks. I had been watching their website like a hawk for days and last Wednesday morning they came back in stock I ordered a set of fronts/rears. Order went through, even still had a few sets left a couple hours after I purchased mine. Still haven’t shipped and finally heard back from them and they said oh sorry we’re out of stock, be 3-4 weeks. 😡

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hopefully quicker than I get my shocks. I had been watching their website like a hawk for days and last Wednesday morning they came back in stock I ordered a set of fronts/rears. Order went through, even still had a few sets left a couple hours after I purchased mine. Still haven’t shipped and finally heard back from them and they said oh sorry we’re out of stock, be 3-4 weeks. 😡
That is bogus! Their website seemed to do a good job updating quantities. I bet it wont be 3-4 weeks. You just need to get lucky when they get stocked again.

theblakester

Reaction score
Are they going to hold a set for you at least? Or is your order just canceled??

JbVt

Reaction score
That is bogus! Their website seemed to do a good job updating quantities. I bet it wont be 3-4 weeks. You just need to get lucky when they get stocked again.
I should get them as soon as they get some. My order is still valid and “processing”.

Users who are viewing this thread