5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 5100

texasvolfan15

Reaction score
I am thinking about going down the path of doing mopar UCA, bilstein from shocks at max height, and then a 1 inch rear puck so I can do 295/70r18 on a 0 offset rim. However, I was also wanting to get the bilstein rear shocks but it says it is 4WD only. Can I not use those if I have a 2WD truck?

FLArebel

Reaction score
I am thinking about going down the path of doing mopar UCA, bilstein from shocks at max height, and then a 1 inch rear puck so I can do 295/70r18 on a 0 offset rim. However, I was also wanting to get the bilstein rear shocks but it says it is 4WD only. Can I not use those if I have a 2WD truck?
I don’t see why that would be. I just did that same set up with setting 5 up front. Mine is 4x4 but I don’t see why that matters on the rear

FLArebel

Reaction score
Sorry for crappy angles/quality. I’ll try to get better pics on a flat surface. I just happened to have these in my phone

Attachments

• 7747F89F-2BF6-40CB-B90C-782516F49CD5.jpeg
    7747F89F-2BF6-40CB-B90C-782516F49CD5.jpeg
    214.8 KB · Views: 240
  • D7C21B48-3EC2-4233-B667-7D6AF735EDBA.jpeg
    D7C21B48-3EC2-4233-B667-7D6AF735EDBA.jpeg
    261.8 KB · Views: 241

texasvolfan15

Reaction score
I reached out to bilstein and the rear is compatible with 2WD..now its a decision of is it worth it to get UCA, rear shocks (might be worth that no matter what) and then a spacer + installation cost. I think having just the little bit of extra height would look really good but not sure

mp1

Reaction score
I reached out to bilstein and the rear is compatible with 2WD..now its a decision of is it worth it to get UCA, rear shocks (might be worth that no matter what) and then a spacer + installation cost. I think having just the little bit of extra height would look really good but not sure
Just my opinion...but I don't see why you'd need a new UCA with just leveling the truck. May I ask what you're going to be doing that will require it?

texasvolfan15

Reaction score
Just my opinion...but I don't see why you'd need a new UCA with just leveling the truck. May I ask what you're going to be doing that will require it?
So the plan was to do bilstein max on the front and a once in rear spacer with the bilstein rear 0-1 in the back. So basically an extra inch of lift around the board. But from what I've browsed it looks like you should get new UCA when you do the max setting

K_Hub

Reaction score
View attachment 60334
almost triplets!! I went with #5

This is next on my list. Would you mind providing heights at the front and rear wheel wells at setting #5 since your truck has settled? I’m torn between #4 and #5 because I’m not sure if #5 is going to give me enough of the rake that I want. I went two high on my Gen4 and definitely felt it at the pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

westcoastram

Reaction score
I'm adding a 3.5" Ready Lift pretty soon and am wanting to switch to Bilsteins. Which model/part number should I choose?

Phlipnstik

Reaction score
I'm planning the same. Already have the 5100s and the 5160s and the tuff country 2" leveling kit with roller ball upper control arms but I'm still waiting on the rear ICON springs (Back Order). I'm still trying to figure out the math and what setting I want my front 5100s set at to get the 3.5 inch lift. Truck currently sits at 22.25 (Rear) from center of wheel to fender and front is at 20.75. That's only 1.5 inch rake but all level kits are 2". So do these level kits put the trucks nose high or is my truck just off?? If I add the rear 1.5" springs I will be at 23.75 in the rear. In the front, I will add the 2" top hat level from tuff country plus setting 3 on Bilstein (.90) that will put the front at 23.65" or should I put the front setting at 4 (1.3) which will put the front at 24.05. I'm pulling my hair out!! hahaha

Some 3.5 inch lifts have a 2" rear spring spacer, while others have a 1.5" rear spring spacer. What's the deal!?!?

westcoastram

Reaction score
Front 5100's adjustable = Part Number: 24-232203

Rear 5160's (L/R)= Part Number: 25-299267 / Part Number: 25-299946
Thanks!

I'm wondering what setting I should use with the RL? I see some guys not using the front spacer and only the UCA's etc. Then others using the spacers as well, so i'm conflicted. This is all new to me, so any suggestions and recommendations are welcome.
I just want a decent ride quality and the ability to do some light offroading.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just up front. Sitting now at just about 1/4" lower than rear (after settling in). No more rubbing on my ridge grapplers at full lock and going up/down the driveway curb in forward or reverse! :) Ride feels great to!!

I have bilsteins coming in 2 weeks. Seems like setting 5 avoids the nose high look? Are you happy with the setting?

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
Thanks!

I'm wondering what setting I should use with the RL? I see some guys not using the front spacer and only the UCA's etc. Then others using the spacers as well, so i'm conflicted. This is all new to me, so any suggestions and recommendations are welcome.
I just want a decent ride quality and the ability to do some light offroading.

Posted this in other threads... My truck w/ 5100's @ #4 with RL 3.5" kit no preload spacer and 5160's in the rear on 35's
IMG_1281.jpg

K_Hub

Reaction score
I have bilsteins coming in 2 weeks. Seems like setting 5 avoids the nose high look? Are you happy with the setting?

Where’d you find yours? I can’t find them in stock anywhere.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where’d you find yours? I can’t find them in stock anywhere.

RealTruck. Gave me a delivery date of 8/14-18. JackIt was telling me 4-5 weeks.

Phlipnstik

Reaction score
Posted this in other threads... My truck w/ 5100's @ #4 with RL 3.5" kit no preload spacer and 5160's in the rear on 35's
View attachment 64673
That's with the 2" spring spacer in the rear correct? Any Rake or is it level? I'm only going up 1.5 in the rear with the ICON springs so I may have to go setting #3 up front. If you have a 1/2 inch of rake I can go with #4.

Phlipnstik

Reaction score
I tried that. Back ordered is what the website told me

Did you get on their wait list? I had to do that. As soon as they come in the will email you. You need to order quick or they're gone.

Users who are viewing this thread