5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 5100

K_Hub

Reaction score
No problem. Yeah canceling my RealTruck order too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m tempted but I’m too deal driven. Have front and rear 5100s on order for $350 total. I’ll probably wait out my back order.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m tempted but I’m too deal driven. Have front and rear 5100s on order for $350 total. I’ll probably wait out my back order.

That is a really good deal. Don’t blame you

popcenator

Reaction score
Woohoo, they shipped! And they were a little cheaper than Car-ID.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone know any good shops on Long Island that know about our trucks? Installing suspension, lifts, exhausts, etc.

Where on LI did you have your 5100’s installed? Did you just got to a regular shop?

CJR28

Reaction score
Anyone know any good shops on Long Island that know about our trucks? Installing suspension, lifts, exhausts, etc.
Im on LI too, I plan on having a local shop do it. Its a pretty straight forward installation, just a shock replacement.

ArtieD

Reaction score
I have been looking around on long island also , The shops I have walked into TNT , RMS , are good suspension shops , both say don't go over 2", if you do you need to drop the front Diff , cv angles are no good after 2" , 1 shop will put in pre loads , the other will not touch the truck unless You commit to cut the cross member and drop the diff and go 4 to 6 inches ,
I was quoted 3600 for 4" and 200 more gets you the 6" , but i want to keep the warranty on truck , you can do a 2" yourself with minimal tools but its hard to get an alignment after, because most shops will not align it if you tell them u did that work yourself I put 2" spacers in my f 150 and a rear block on leaf it was hard to get someone to align it , ,

but I am leery of who gets the job Too! i am more worried about my truck getting scratched , or a clunking noise after ,
but I narrowed it down,,, as far as the kit ,,to the mopar 2" , but the one kit I wanted was discontinued , it was the one with fox shocks and rear spacer kit around $1300 you can still find it online but, Mopar says it is discontinued thru them , they still sell the other ones with the bilsteins , 500 dollars cheaper 800+ dollars

But if anybody has any shops on long island that they used for a 2" to 3" lift , I would like to know also ,,,I would like to keep most of the rake but the nose is definitely too low my other trucks seemed higher stock ,
but I went over the numbers and on all the big three ford Chevy, dodge are about the same according to the numbers actually the ram is supposed to be a little higher , doesn't look it though??

ArtieD

Reaction score
Where on LI did you have your 5100’s installed? Did you just got to a regular shop?

Auto kicks full service custom shop in Ronkonkoma 27 yrs in business , I was there ,Talked to Steve they do 3 new rams a week , works on your own Ideas, I bought my lift / level Kit he will install it , or put in a rough country but I told him i already got a kit NP , nice place I think I counted 5 lift bays , Check out facebook or website autokicks , he quoted me 675 and I bring in my kit daystar 2-1/2" front 1-1/2" rear , looking at the custom cars and trucks new and old in the parking lot ,I think I hit Gold here !

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Auto kicks full service custom shop in Ronkonkoma 27 yrs in business , I was there ,Talked to Steve they do 3 new rams a week , works on your own Ideas, I bought my lift / level Kit he will install it , or put in a rough country but I told him i already got a kit NP , nice place I think I counted 5 lift bays , Check out facebook or website autokicks , he quoted me 675 and I bring in my kit daystar 2-1/2" front 1-1/2" rear , looking at the custom cars and trucks new and old in the parking lot ,I think I hit Gold here !

That’s actually the guy i bought my rebel wheels from lol

Last edited:

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What Do you think ? I go in next thursday

He’s got some seriously good looking vehicles there. Gave me a great deal on the wheels and did the install. Seems like he’s been around a lot time and knows his ****. If I was doing something other than just the 5100’s He would probably be the first person I’d go see

TJ1789

Reaction score
For the guys that installed Bilsteins on the ORP: Do you know your rake prior to install? My ORP’s rake is 1.5 now. The diagram someone posted previously shows I should go with #3 or #4 depending how I want the truck to ride.

Attachments

• 48B1E4D3-0F31-4A60-8F62-633D3D4A10C9.png
    48B1E4D3-0F31-4A60-8F62-633D3D4A10C9.png
    243.7 KB · Views: 98

jburden59

Reaction score
Talk about paralysis by analysis.....if I put the just the 5100's on the front will I get close to level using setting 5? Don't need spacers or UCA's etc? 2020 Laramie crew cab 4x4......

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Talk about paralysis by analysis.....if I put the just the 5100's on the front will I get close to level using setting 5? Don't need spacers or UCA's etc? 2020 Laramie crew cab 4x4......

From reading the thread over twice...yes I believe that’s the most accurate answer. I’m doing this on Wednesday

U

User_21361

I've been running these for a few months now and I'm not super pleased with the ride. It definitely is worse than stock. Since the installation, my wife has commented several times on the ride quality.

Has anyone else experienced this? Anything that I could do to get a level (preferred lifted another 1-2") truck but with the same or better ride quality? I'm happy to learn about the topic, I am completely new to trucks and lifts and couldn't find much info with a few hours of searching.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been running these for a few months now and I'm not super pleased with the ride. It definitely is worse than stock. Since the installation, my wife has commented several times on the ride quality.

Has anyone else experienced this? Anything that I could do to get a level (preferred lifted another 1-2") truck but with the same or better ride quality? I'm happy to learn about the topic, I am completely new to trucks and lifts and couldn't find much info with a few hours of searching.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Just curious what setting you’re running with what tires?

Users who are viewing this thread