5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 5100

sergetexan

Reaction score
Finally got them installed on setting #5 along with a wheel balance. Looks great, feels great driving. However I find that I’m about 1/5” higher up front than back. Maybe it needs to settle?
Did u go Bilstein’s on all four? How’s the ride? I was all set to commit then a few guys complained about the ride on 5th setting ? Just wanted to bring the front up a few inches and add some height with larger tires, maybe a one rear spacer to ensure some rake. Now wondering if I should go with the Mopar lift with fox shocks....

mp1

Reaction score
Did u go Bilstein’s on all four? How’s the ride? I was all set to commit then a few guys complained about the ride on 5th setting ? Just wanted to bring the front up a few inches and add some height with larger tires, maybe a one rear spacer to ensure some rake. Now wondering if I should go with the Mopar lift with fox shocks....
I have my front raised 2.7", and added 1" to the rear with hd springs. Ride is still far and wide better than the stock setup. Not a single complaint.

mp1

Reaction score
I have my front raised 2.7", and added 1" to the rear with hd springs. Ride is still far and wide better than the stock setup. Not a single complaint.
Sorry - forgot to add...Bilstein 5100s on all four corners. As soon as they come out with the 6112s later this year, those will be put on. At that time I'll add the 5160s to the rear.

sergetexan

Reaction score
Sorry - forgot to add...Bilstein 5100s on all four corners. As soon as they come out with the 6112s later this year, those will be put on. At that time I'll add the 5160s to the rear.
Thanks for update! I guess I need to understand what the 6112s are , sounds like an upgrade

mp1

Reaction score
Thanks for update! I guess I need to understand what the 6112s are , sounds like an upgrade
6112s are an upgrade to the 5100s, just as the 8112s will be an upgrade to the 6112s. But those (61and 8112s) are more for off-roading. For everyday use on pavement the 5100s are totally perfect, since they will also easily support light-medium off-roading as well. They really are night and day compared to the OE shocks. I would bet you wouldn't disagree :) Even the 4600s, which are very similar to the 5100s except that they are not ride-height adjustable and are in essence, straight AM replacement shocks to the OE, which come crap shocks on our trucks..

I know I'm biased, but in reality both Bilstein and Fox are great shocks. Bilstein tends to run cheaper for the same quality, so that's why folks tend to lean towards them.

jdangel2

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can run 35x12.50R20 on circlip location #5 with ORP? Stock 20" ORP wheels. It's my understanding that the Mopar 2" lift allows for that clearance...just curious if anyone knows (has photos) of the setup I'm looking for.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can run 35x12.50R20 on circlip location #5 with ORP? Stock 20" ORP wheels. It's my understanding that the Mopar 2" lift allows for that clearance...just curious if anyone knows (has photos) of the setup I'm looking for.
Im sure youll clear 35's on this setting. Only concerning part is theyre the stock +19mm offset.

jdangel2

Reaction score
Im sure youll clear 35's on this setting. Only concerning part is theyre the stock +19mm offset.

Thanks for the input. my 275/65R20's rubbed on the inner fender liner (I am offroad in the mud a lot during duck season). Now that I have my smooth tread on for summer, I can still rub when locked and flexing...with my factory 275/55R20s. I'm assuming I've damaged the lining, and it will need tacked/cut regardless of the size tire I have on.

mp1

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. my 275/65R20's rubbed on the inner fender liner (I am offroad in the mud a lot during duck season). Now that I have my smooth tread on for summer, I can still rub when locked and flexing...with my factory 275/55R20s. I'm assuming I've damaged the lining, and it will need tacked/cut regardless of the size tire I have on.
Yeah, something isn't right if you're rubbing with the stock setup.

I mean no disrespect nor am I trying to insult your intelligence here...but are you rubbing on both front tires when fully locked? If not, you can probably see what is causing the rub on one tire if it's not doing it on the other.

jdangel2

Reaction score
Yeah, something isn't right if you're rubbing with the stock setup.

I mean no disrespect nor am I trying to insult your intelligence here...but are you rubbing on both front tires when fully locked? If not, you can probably see what is causing the rub on one tire if it's not doing it on the other.

No disrespect taken. It’s just on passenger side and tires turned left. I know it’s not right... just commenting on I’ve got to fix it no matter what size tire I get so I’m not concerned with rubbing on the wheel well liner. So my question, poorly asked, is if there might be any substantial rubbing beyond that?

Reactions: mp1

jdangel2

Reaction score
Can anyone find any of the Bilstein adjustable front shocks right now? Everywhere I look is out of stock.

Sugar

Reaction score
Might just have to backorder and wait a bit....good luck in ur search. I'm sure production was slowed due to pandemic.
Most likely the case. My job involves raw material for the automotive industry and just recently all of the automakers came back. Business is slow on our end still now even.

BlckDT

Reaction score

Just up front. Sitting now at just about 1/4" lower than rear (after settling in). No more rubbing on my ridge grapplers at full lock and going up/down the driveway curb in forward or reverse! :) Ride feels great to!!

rcoles871

Reaction score
Can anyone find any of the Bilstein adjustable front shocks right now? Everywhere I look is out of stock.
In case anyone is looking for 5100's try the Eibach's. They look identical. I ran a set on an F150 a few years back. They're also little cheaper usually as well. This is the preloaded one with spring E80-27-011-01-22, this one is just the shock E60-27-011-03-10, this is rear for up to 1.5" of lift E60-27-011-03-01. The site will say they are for 2wd just like Bilstein 5100's did at first but they should work. Look up www.eibach.com

Last edited:

justinbeez

Reaction score
Just had mine shipped a day ago, will be here this Tuesday. About a 3 week turn around due to backorder

Users who are viewing this thread