5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 5100

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you think they are just rolling the dice though and seeing how they work out with the new gen rams ? I really like there shocks but don’t want to put them unless they are direct fitted for the new gen
I don’t think they’re rolling the dice, everyone who’s done it has been happy with how the install went. It’s already been said by Dts828 but I do think it’s an issue between bilstein and ram since the rebel already has bilsteins from the factory. I’ll let you know how my install goes once they are delivered! Had them on my 4th big horn for 40K and they were awesome

James8563

Reaction score
I don’t think they’re rolling the dice, everyone who’s done it has been happy with how the install went. It’s already been said by Dts828 but I do think it’s an issue between bilstein and ram since the rebel already has bilsteins from the factory. I’ll let you know how my install goes once they are delivered! Had them on my 4th big horn for 40K and they were awesome
Good to know thanks bro, I seen some pics on here the trucks look legit with them.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After some more driving, I think it’s finally settled on height. I’m basically level as it sits right now, measuring roughly 40.125-40.25” from ground to fender on all sides. Each time I stop I get a slightly different measurement.

Ride improved a bunch since the first couple of miles, it seems really stiff right away and now I’m enjoying it more. Definitely rides stiffer than stock, which is to be expected, but isn’t rough by any means. The 5100s definitely have a faster, and more controlled rebound response and certainly soak up gravel roads better.

9c0898327401bb95de4c3dc07fba3b59.jpg
9f78d7d9e05bfebf375e9c98bc590fd2.jpg

Z mann R2

Reaction score
I had just emailed Bilstein they said they didn’t have a shock fitted yet for the rebel only for the rears.

They match up perfectly on clip #5 or lower.......in fact the stock rebel shocks use circlips already so you don’t even have to use the adapter......just go with the Beilstein’s, you’ll be fine

Z mann R2

Reaction score
After some more driving, I think it’s finally settled on height. I’m basically level as it sits right now, measuring roughly 40.125-40.25” from ground to fender on all sides. Each time I stop I get a slightly different measurement.

Ride improved a bunch since the first couple of miles, it seems really stiff right away and now I’m enjoying it more. Definitely rides stiffer than stock, which is to be expected, but isn’t rough by any means. The 5100s definitely have a faster, and more controlled rebound response and certainly soak up gravel roads better.

9c0898327401bb95de4c3dc07fba3b59.jpg
9f78d7d9e05bfebf375e9c98bc590fd2.jpg
Dude looks amazing man! Did you put rebel wheels on it or did it come with those because of the ORP?

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dude looks amazing man! Did you put rebel wheels on it or did it come with those because of the ORP?

Picked up a set of Rebel takeoffs from a local guy who changed up to new wheels. The more I looked at wheels, the more preference I found in the Rebel wheels for the look I was seeking. Super happy with how it’s turning out... now I just need those wheel spacers to show up so I can get rid of this “truck on stilts” look I got going
3b30e94ec7a02c0e8af2dcac5ec9661a.jpg

Z mann R2

Reaction score
Badass. You get 2” ones? And I agree on the stiffness at first. My wife was telling me it’s much stiffer than stock at first but lately it feels much better.

390hemi

Reaction score
2020 Rebel with Bilsteins set at clip no.5
They went on no problem, just chucked the bilstein adapter like z mann r2 said.
Right after install I had about .5 inch of rake
Just so happens after I put all of the tools away and cleaned up the mailman shows up with my rear spacers lol.
So of course back to the garage to throw them on, but only took about 20 mins start to finish for the rear.

20200404_150733.jpg
clip no.5 , no rear spacer

20200404_185943.jpg
After 1.5 motofab rear coil spacers
And a bath of course
Maybe a little too much rake, (driveway angle doesn't help) but we'll see when after a few weeks and after I install the 1.5 wheel spacers how I like the look.
20200404_153737.jpg
Also no through socket needed if you compress the spring enough or at least I didn't need one
20200404_143337.jpg

Attachments

• 20200404_153737.jpg
    20200404_153737.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 179

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry, hold up.... what are adapters that you chucked? I used everything in the package for my ORP.

Z Man... I ordered 1.5” for front, and 1.75” for rear. Still not sure that’s wide enough, but I really don’t like it when a lot of tread sits outside the fenders either. Guess we will see when they arrive. Maybe I’ll end up selling the 1.5” and buying 2” to go 1.75” up front and 2” in rear?

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry, hold up.... what are adapters that you chucked? I used everything in the package for my ORP.

Z Man... I ordered 1.5” for front, and 1.75” for rear. Still not sure that’s wide enough, but I really don’t like it when a lot of tread sits outside the fenders either. Guess we will see when they arrive. Maybe I’ll end up selling the 1.5” and buying 2” to go 1.75” up front and 2” in rear?
he's referring to the spring seat adapters, which is something you dont use only with the Rebel. You were fine to use them!

James8563

Reaction score
They match up perfectly on clip #5 or lower.......in fact the stock rebel shocks use circlips already so you don’t even have to use the adapter......just go with the Beilstein’s, you’ll be fine
Damn team Bilstein on the rise , I’m between them and the falcons.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Damn team Bilstein on the rise , I’m between them and the falcons.
yeahhhh i love bilstein. cant wait to install my 5100's, id say the huge price difference couldn't be justified for the falcons unless youre into serious off roading. Or you need something to blow your Trump check on lol

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
Look at the price difference too. Falcon is charging too much. I know Bilstein is front only right now but there is no way that Bilstein will charge the difference for the rear when it comes out.
The rear 5100's have been out for a little while now, plus I was just on Bilsteins Site and the 5160 Resi's are now released for the rear for $210 each.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Look at the price difference too. Falcon is charging too much. I know Bilstein is front only right now but there is no way that Bilstein will charge the difference for the rear when it comes out.

I put rear 5100s on mine yesterday. You can get front and rear for our Rams right now.

DarkKn1ght

Reaction score

Sugar

Reaction score
Picked up a set of Rebel takeoffs from a local guy who changed up to new wheels. The more I looked at wheels, the more preference I found in the Rebel wheels for the look I was seeking. Super happy with how it’s turning out... now I just need those wheel spacers to show up so I can get rid of this “truck on stilts” look I got going
3b30e94ec7a02c0e8af2dcac5ec9661a.jpg
What tow hooks are those?

Users who are viewing this thread