5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 5100

ff13375

Reaction score
I have looked over all 52 pages, so if this has been answered sorry for repost
Looking to do bilstein up front and add ORP springs for hopefully gain 3in up front. Also looking at adding the MOPAR UCA is 3in to much for the MOPAR UCA? For the rear I am also adding bilstein but can decide if I want to do the ORP springs and a 1in spacer or just a 2in spacer in the rear i want to keep a 1in rake if I can. Any information or advice on rear setup would be helpful. Last question looking over the mopar 2in lift kit I see it comes with brackets for the rear, is that something I should try to get or is it not needed?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have looked over all 52 pages, so if this has been answered sorry for repost
Looking to do bilstein up front and add ORP springs for hopefully gain 3in up front. Also looking at adding the MOPAR UCA is 3in to much for the MOPAR UCA? For the rear I am also adding bilstein but can decide if I want to do the ORP springs and a 1in spacer or just a 2in spacer in the rear i want to keep a 1in rake if I can. Any information or advice on rear setup would be helpful. Last question looking over the mopar 2in lift kit I see it comes with brackets for the rear, is that something I should try to get or is it not needed?
I would suggest using either the Readylift or Rough Country UCAs with 3” of lift. The ball joint is at a much better angle. As far as the track bar bracket, you’re probably fine without it. Readylift, RC, Fabtech 3” kits all do not use it. You’re rear axle could be sightly off center though. I haven’t used one of those kits so I couldn’t say for sure. You could easily just use a 2” spacer in the rear. Not sure what you’re looking to spend but you can also do the Mopar 2” lift while adding the front ORP springs to get 3-3.5” in the front and 2” in the rear. I’m actually going this route myself. Ordered it all Monday night.

CJR28

Reaction score
Does anyone have the updated parts numbers for the front and rear ORP springs?

ff13375

Reaction score
I would suggest using either the Readylift or Rough Country UCAs with 3” of lift. The ball joint is at a much better angle. As far as the track bar bracket, you’re probably fine without it. Readylift, RC, Fabtech 3” kits all do not use it. You’re rear axle could be sightly off center though. I haven’t used one of those kits so I couldn’t say for sure. You could easily just use a 2” spacer in the rear. Not sure what you’re looking to spend but you can also do the Mopar 2” lift while adding the front ORP springs to get 3-3.5” in the front and 2” in the rear. I’m actually going this route myself. Ordered it all Monday night.
Thanks for your input. I was looking at the mopar lift but this started as just doing a level with bilstein front and rear. They came back in stock so I ordered. Now after reading 52 pages it got me thinking a little more lift. Just talked too two different shops One guoted $920 for install of struts, UCA ,ORP Front spring and rear spacer and shocks but they kept pushing i should return the bilstein and order the rough country though them. The over shop wants $700 but said it could be cheaper depending on install time.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for your input. I was looking at the mopar lift but this started as just doing a level with bilstein front and rear. They came back in stock so I ordered. Now after reading 52 pages it got me thinking a little more lift. Just talked too two different shops One guoted $920 for install of struts, UCA ,ORP Front spring and rear spacer and shocks but they kept pushing i should return the bilstein and order the rough country though them. The over shop wants $700 but said it could be cheaper depending on install time.
It's all personal preference. I would not go the RC 3.5" kit because the preload spacer results in a rougher ride. Same with the Readylift for that matter. The Bilsteins and ORP springs will give you a better ride. As far as install price, that sounds high, even at a shop rate of $100 per hour. I installed my Readylift leveling kit and control arms in 3 hours. Add in a very generous hour for breaking down the strut assembly to put the Bilsteins in. An hour or so for the rear and you are at 6 hours tops. No way that should run $900.

Right after I posted I got notice that pieces were missing from my Mopar lift and my dealer didn't know how quickly he would be able to get another as they are on nationwide backorder. Went ahead and cancelled it and called around. One of my local shops is able to get a BDS 4" kit in 2 days so I am now going to have it installed this Saturday.

ff13375

Reaction score
Yea I looked at BDS but thats not in the cards right now. Sucks the mopar had missing parts. After thinking about it going to do the bilstein at setting 4 with opr springs mopar UCA and 1.5 spacer for the rear. Keeping stock tire and wheels 275/65/18
It's all personal preference. I would not go the RC 3.5" kit because the preload spacer results in a rougher ride. Same with the Readylift for that matter. The Bilsteins and ORP springs will give you a better ride. As far as install price, that sounds high, even at a shop rate of $100 per hour. I installed my Readylift leveling kit and control arms in 3 hours. Add in a very generous hour for breaking down the strut assembly to put the Bilsteins in. An hour or so for the rear and you are at 6 hours tops. No way that should run $900.

Right after I posted I got notice that pieces were missing from my Mopar lift and my dealer didn't know how quickly he would be able to get another as they are on nationwide backorder. Went ahead and cancelled it and called around. One of my local shops is able to get a BDS 4" kit in 2 days so I am now going to have it installed this Saturday.

cjpofd

Reaction score
Where did you find the bilsteins in stock?

K_Hub

Reaction score
I’m tempted but I’m too deal driven. Have front and rear 5100s on order for $350 total. I’ll probably wait out my back order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My front shocks are finally set for delivery today after waiting for over a month. I’m glad I didn’t cancel as pricing increased since I ordered. Now to get some machinery out of my shop so I can pull the truck in next week.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Right now it looks like you can get them from realtruck.com, jackit.com, cspracing.com, ebay, or Summit Racing (special order that ships 12 days later) among a few others that I saw from Google-ing "Sale Bilstein 24-232203". Some are more expensive than others.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Right now it looks like you can get them from realtruck.com, jackit.com, cspracing.com, ebay, or Summit Racing (special order that ships 12 days later) among a few others that I saw from Google-ing "Sale Bilstein 24-232203". Some are more expensive than others.

Avoid real truck. I tried ordering through them because it didn’t say they were out of stock. 2 weeks later my order was still processing. Took forever to get ahold of anyone customer service to find out what was going on. Took even longer to get someone to acknowledge that I wanted to cancel the order.

Get on the wait list on bilsteinlifts.com I’d say is your best bet. As soon as they email you they’re in stock...jump on it.

cjpofd

Reaction score
I placed an order with jack it last week. They took my money and then sent me an email a few days later saying it would be 4-6 weeks. So a lot of places seem to want to lock you in and hope you’ll wait.

Last edited:

ff13375

Reaction score
Looks like I am going to use a 2in spacer in the rear and setting 5 on the strut. Trying to see what people are using for bump stops in the rear. The mopar kit comes with it and would cost over $100 to order the part

Last edited:

Rebel20

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Rebel I was considering installing the 5100s on. setting 5 is supposed to be the highest i can go for 2" of lift. My truck has the ecodiesel which is a bit heavier than the hemi. Any idea if I'll actually get 2" of lift or will I likely get less due to the extra weight?

StraightArrow

Reaction score
New here, just bought a 2020 Ram 1500 Bighorn. No “ORP”, air , blah, blah.. Loved the Bilstein’s on my 2016 4Runner. Added my name to the waiting list for the Bilstein’s. Now need to find 18” tires...

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
New here, just bought a 2020 Ram 1500 Bighorn. No “ORP”, air , blah, blah.. Loved the Bilstein’s on my 2016 4Runner. Added my name to the waiting list for the Bilstein’s. Now need to find 18” tires...

Rebel wheels...

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score

18” tires????

Users who are viewing this thread