5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 5100

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
From bilstein website so you can add a 1in spacer with opr springs. I am doing 2in spacer with non opr springs
For Rear Lifted Height: 0-2" without factory Off-Road Group
- For Rear Lifted Height: 0-1" including factory Off-Road Package
- For Rear Lifted Height: 0-1" with factory Off-Road Group
- Without Air Suspension- Without Air Suspension
Where are you seeing 0-1" WITH Factory ORP? I am just seeing 0-1" non ORP

ff13375

Reaction score
Where are you seeing 0-1" WITH Factory ORP? I am just seeing 0-1" non ORP
Are you talking about upgrading to the 5100 in the rear right?The numbers I posted were taken from here. So non off road group you can add upto a 2in spacer, factor off raod group you can only add a 1in spacer due to having OPR springs which already gives you 1in.

FLArebel

Reaction score
Just picked up a set of the 5100s for my 2020 Rebel. I know there is one piece I dont use for the rebel. I believe I remember seeing a picture showing what part isn't used but can't find it. Im guessing I won't be using this for the install on my rebel?
You are correct. DO NOT install that part with the rebel.

Truckguy

Reaction score
I had to cancel my order with Jackit yesterday after they told me my order from August 1st that was supposed to be shipped before end of August may be on back order till October. I was able to get a set though from bilsteinlifts and they already shipped them.

cjpofd

Reaction score
I had to cancel my order with Jackit yesterday after they told me my order from August 1st that was supposed to be shipped before end of August may be on back order till October. I was able to get a set though from bilsteinlifts and they already shipped them.
Same here. Jack it was telling me 4-6 weeks. Ordered them from bilstein lifts yesterday and they showed up today. Canceled my jack it order obviously.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bilstein website is the way to go. I had to cancel both RealTruck and JackIt. And they both charge you before fulfilling your order. Atleast JackIt owned it and emailed me saying it was back ordered and gave me the option to cancel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebel20

Reaction score
Looks great. keep us updated on the ride
The ride feels very similar to stock. A bit more firm but in a good way. Not harsh whatsoever.

What setting did you go with?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I went with setting number 5 which is the highest setting recommended for Rebels/ORG trucks.

Did you change out the stock UCA’s?..

I left the stock UCA's. I was going to change them but called Bilstein and they assured me the 5100s were designed to use all factory parts and it wasn't necessary. The shop that did the alignment said the angles look fine and it aligned back to spec with no problems.

popcenator

Reaction score
Yours looks fairly level. I set mine at 5 as well and still have more rake than I'd like. You can tell it has been leveled, but I would have liked the front up a tad more. And good decision not replacing the UCAs. I did and I don't think it was necessary, but that could be because my front end doesn't appear to be as high as others.

I replaced the rear as well, I wonder if the rear 5100s raised raised the back end at all.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yours looks fairly level. I set mine at 5 as well and still have more rake than I'd like. You can tell it has been leveled, but I would have liked the front up a tad more. And good decision not replacing the UCAs. I did and I don't think it was necessary, but that could be because my front end doesn't appear to be as high as others.

I replaced the rear as well, I wonder if the rear 5100s raised raised the back end at all.

The 5100s will not raise the rear. That is all determined by the spring or adding spacers.

popcenator

Reaction score
The 5100s will not raise the rear. That is all determined by the spring or adding spacers.
I thought so, just trying to figure out why mine still has a good but of rake in the front while many others seem pretty close to level.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought so, just trying to figure out why mine still has a good but of rake in the front while many others seem pretty close to level.

Have you checked to see how many rings are visible? Wouldn’t be the first time I’ve heard of them not getting the settings right.

popcenator

Reaction score
Have you checked to see how many rings are visible? Wouldn’t be the first time I’ve heard of them not getting the settings right.

Yeah, that was the first thing I checked. They're on 5.

Rebel20

Reaction score

Mine still has about 1/2" to 3/4" of rake. Looks pretty level to the eye though.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine still has about 1/2" to 3/4" of rake. Looks pretty level to the eye though.

Did it give you a full 2”? What are the measurements before and after install?

Users who are viewing this thread