5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest Tires on Stock 4x4 Suspension

TLOC

Reaction score

In2h2o

Reaction score
Guys...I have a limited with air suspension. I’d like to get the ridge grapplers but I’m not sure about the cabin noise. I had a set of bfg ko2’s that we’re just barely noticeable. Any videos or experience with the rg’s?

Mrwilcox281

Reaction score

TLOC

Reaction score
I have a big horn with no air suspension, no leveling kit and stock big horn 20’s. I just installed 305/55r20 with zero rubbing at full lock both directions in forward and reverse

Hey Vincedio,
May I ask what brand and model tires the 305/55r20 are? Thanks...T

trobin0406

Reaction score
Hey guys, have a stock setup 2019 Ram 1500 Limited with air suspension. Thinking of running 275 65 r20's but wanted to see if anyone else is running those and had any rubbing issues?

RD27

Reaction score
From what I’ve read on this thread, am I right in thinking that I can put a level on my truck, and fit 33x12.5 tires with 20x12 rims with a -44 offset?

RD27

Reaction score
Should have stated, no ORP, just leveled stock suspension

NH_Ram

Reaction score
From what I’ve read on this thread, am I right in thinking that I can put a level on my truck, and fit 33x12.5 tires with 20x12 rims with a -44 offset?
That's a lot of offset, even with only 33's I bet you'll rub the fenders.
I went with 35x12.50 BFG KO2's on 20x9 +1mm offset Fuel Blitz rims. North Edition (off road group) with a 1.5" strut extension and Upper Control Arms only.
0617201114b_HDR~3.jpg

RD27

Reaction score
That's a lot of offset, even with only 33's I bet you'll rub the fenders.
I went with 35x12.50 BFG KO2's on 20x9 +1mm offset Fuel Blitz rims. North Edition (off road group) with a 1.5" strut extension and Upper Control Arms only.
View attachment 59391
I think I’d still attempt it if it was only a little rubbing. I have a certain look for my truck that I’m going for, so theres a specific set of wheels I really want to get.

Your setup looks really nice too though. How are the BFGs?

NH_Ram

Reaction score
I think I’d still attempt it if it was only a little rubbing. I have a certain look for my truck that I’m going for, so theres a specific set of wheels I really want to get.

Your setup looks really nice too though. How are the BFGs?
Love the BFG's! Had them on several different trucks. The only issue is these are the Winter rated version which is great in the snowy area I live in but they don't last as long. I've gone 50k on a set and they were wearing evenly. I dont expect over 40k miles out of these.

RD27

Reaction score
Love the BFG's! Had them on several different trucks. The only issue is these are the Winter rated version which is great in the snowy area I live in but they don't last as long. I've gone 50k on a set and they were wearing evenly. I dont expect over 40k miles out of these.
How are they for road noise? I’m torn between the BFGs and the Toyo ATIII

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
The bfgs are great. Ive had two sets of them on previous trucks and will put them on this one when the falkens wear out. Road noise is not bad at all in my opinion.

NH_Ram

Reaction score
My last truck ('13 F350) had Toyo Open Country ATII Extremes in a 285/75/18 and the road noise was noticeable with the windows open only. I find the same with these. With the windows closed, the BFG's are no louder than the stock Falken Wildpeak tires but a hair louder with windows open. Much better than i thought they would be.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My last truck ('13 F350) had Toyo Open Country ATII Extremes in a 285/75/18 and the road noise was noticeable with the windows open only. I find the same with these. With the windows closed, the BFG's are no louder than the stock Falken Wildpeak tires but a hair louder with windows open. Much better than i thought they would be.
This is just one of the reasons for the BFGs‘ popularity. I had E-range KO2s on my last two trucks, and they were similarly quiet.

Users who are viewing this thread