5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest Tires on Stock 4x4 Suspension

CaliTex

Reaction score
It would be great to see what oversize tires people are putting on the new 2019s with stock or off-road suspension. I am guessing 33s will fit without issue (275/60R20), particularly with the off-road package, but it would be great to know for sure, and to see if anyone has gone bigger.

BZ23

Reaction score
I ordered a Laramie crew cab 4 x 4 black appearance package and spoke to a dealer at Discount Tire who says 33 by 12. 5 will fit fine. They are installing those tires on a set of fuel rims 20 by 9 before I pick up the truck. I will be reporting how they fit as soon as I get it which I hope to be soon.

Also I ordered the truck with the 22 inch rims in hopes that the dealer will give me a better credit for trade in. If not I'm keeping them and looking to sell to recoup some of the money. I also figured the twenty two's would possibly give me more clearance even if not part of the spec sheet but also to help with the calibration with the change to a smaller Rim but larger Tire. There's a few other threads in this forum that talk about wheel sizes and I feel comfortable that the 33s will fit.

CaliTex

Reaction score
BZ23 said:
I ordered a Laramie crew cab 4 x 4 black appearance package and spoke to a dealer at Discount Tire who says 33 by 12. 5 will fit fine. They are installing those tires on a set of fuel rims 20 by 9 before I pick up the truck. I will be reporting how they fit as soon as I get it which I hope to be soon.

Also I ordered the truck with the 22 inch rims in hopes that the dealer will give me a better credit for trade in. If not I'm keeping them and looking to sell to recoup some of the money. I also figured the twenty two's would possibly give me more clearance even if not part of the spec sheet but also to help with the calibration with the change to a smaller Rim but larger Tire. There's a few other threads in this forum that talk about wheel sizes and I feel comfortable that the 33s will fit.
Thanks -- I didn't realize you could go that wide. Do those require spacers?

BZ23

Reaction score
Discount Tire says no because of the offset on that wheel, pushes it out enough to avoid spacing. Also, check the website https://www.customwheeloffset.com/

That site allows you to view very specific options and the owners post and answer if it has stock suspensions, spacers, rubbing or trimming done. Its awesome.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm curious myself. Really wanting to put 285/65s on the stock black 20s. Will do a leveling kit at some point.

CaliTex

Reaction score
ksn240 said:
I'm curious myself. Really wanting to put 285/65s on the stock black 20s. Will do a leveling kit at some point.
Just wondering -- what trim truck?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
CaliTex said:
Just wondering -- what trim truck?
Bought the Big Horn 4x4. Black package. Would have liked the Laramie but couldn't get one how I wanted without all the chrome. Got it with the Alpine system and the Sunroof. Only thing it doesn't have that I really want is Leather but I'll drop some Katzkin in it shortly to fix that.

Pnorth

Reaction score
Stock height Bighorn 4x4
Nitto Terra Grappler G2s - LT 285/65r20
Don't rub, fit great

View attachment 3357
I guess 285/65-20 converts to a 34,6” x 11.2 and an original 22” on mine with 285/45 would be a 32.1x11.2 That impresses me on a stock height. Not even a level? Can I ask size and ET/offset on the wheels? I guess keeping the width and correct wheel size and ET is the secret?

Rob696

Reaction score
I guess 285/65-20 converts to a 34,6” x 11.2 and an original 22” on mine with 285/45 would be a 32.1x11.2 That impresses me on a stock height. Not even a level? Can I ask size and ET/offset on the wheels? I guess keeping the width and correct wheel size and ET is the secret?

No leveling kit
Wheels offset is +18

Honestly didn't think about posting it, can adjust the original post.

Pnorth

Reaction score
No leveling kit
Wheels offset is +18

Honestly didn't think about posting it, can adjust the original post.
Oh, not my intention to try to correct your post. I just used a wheel calculator to se what your set up amounted to and compared with my own. I will also do a swap so it was just of interest to see and I was positively surprised. So thank you :)(y)

Lobo

Reaction score
It would be great to see what oversize tires people are putting on the new 2019s with stock or off-road suspension. I am guessing 33s will fit without issue (275/60R20), particularly with the off-road package, but it would be great to know for sure, and to see if anyone has gone bigger.

Attachments

• C95940D7-9100-4001-A1E1-6F32FA95641E.jpeg
    C95940D7-9100-4001-A1E1-6F32FA95641E.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 2,881

Laramie_2019

Reaction score
Stock height Bighorn 4x4
Nitto Terra Grappler G2s - LT 285/65r20
Wheels: XD 778 Monster 20x9 +18 offset
No Leveling kit
Don't rub, fit great

View attachment 3357

So just to confirm you fit that tire with no level kit? And you Don’t have the off-road package? I’m keeping my stock wheels on which have a +19 offset close to yours and I want to do like you 285/65/20. When I look at my setup there seems to be very little space between the tire wall and upper control arm. Maybe 1/2” so going from 275 to 285 can fit I think.

Btw awesome truck and I’m also getting the same steps you have. :)

Last edited:

Rob696

Reaction score
So just to confirm you fit that tire with no level kit? And you Don’t have the off-road package? I’m keeping my stock wheels on which have a +19 offset close to yours and I want to do like you 285/65/20. When I look at my setup there seems to be very little space between the tire wall and upper control arm. Maybe 1/2” so going from 275 to 285 can fit I think.

Btw awesome truck and I’m also getting the same steps you have. :)

Correct. I didn't have a leveling kit or the off-road package or anything like that. Just stock height all the way around.

Since then though, I have gotten a 2" leveling kit from Rough Country. For no other reason then to eliminate the rake. See attached photo for updated picture.

I love the stance with the leveling kit. It's not needed, but if you know a place that can do it or you can do it yourself. For the few bucks it'll cost, definitely worth it in my opinion.

Attachments

• IMG_8662.JPG
    IMG_8662.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,818

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
sawsall can get you to 37s I'll bet

cordram

Reaction score
Correct. I didn't have a leveling kit or the off-road package or anything like that. Just stock height all the way around.

Since then though, I have gotten a 2" leveling kit from Rough Country. For no other reason then to eliminate the rake. See attached photo for updated picture.

I love the stance with the leveling kit. It's not needed, but if you know a place that can do it or you can do it yourself. For the few bucks it'll cost, definitely worth it in my opinion.

Rob696, does your 1500 have the 4 corner air suspension? I like the leveling kit look as well, but have read different things about what can and cannot be done on the 1500's with air suspension.

Rob696

Reaction score
Rob696, does your 1500 have the 4 corner air suspension? I like the leveling kit look as well, but have read different things about what can and cannot be done on the 1500's with air suspension.

Mine does not have the air suspension. Not sure how the tires would fit if it did, since it has the entry option that lowers the truck and what not.

AGGIE00

Reaction score
I have the air suspension on mine and the dealer will be installing 33x12.50 Nittos on it, had them in the deal. Looking at the air suspension, it looks like leveling will involve simply shortening the height adjustment rods on the front sensors.

Users who are viewing this thread