5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best speedometer recalibration tool

DieselRebel

Reaction score
So I’m about to get tires mounted up this week and want to reprogram the speedometer. I have AppleOS al around, so guess is to get an Android OS device and all the connections For it? This stinks that these tools aren’t Apple specific. Is there a comparable software that works with AppleOS?
It also works on windows if you have a laptop with Bluetooth. Also, Could buy an old android tablet for 100 bucks or so probably.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

GWillings

Reaction score
Already received the BAFX bluetooth OBD connector, waiting on the SGW module to be delivered and then will be purchasing the AlphaOBD software to get this done.

GWillings

Reaction score
Thanks to Diesel Rebel, his video got my head straight with this and I was able to get my speedo calibrated. My Tires measure out to 34.09" which is just a bit smaller than Diesel Rebel's tires. My circumference came out to 2685, which according to WAZE has my truck going 29-30 mph with cruise set to 30. Now this weekend I will get to play with this and see what else I can turn on inside my truck.

610SRTGang

Reaction score
Hey guys. I work at a Ram dealership in sales and have confirmed you can program the tires sizes. It is in a different location in our DealerCONNECT than before. That is why some people are getting mixed answers(or that dealership doesn’t care).

I am waiting on my 2022 to come in and I already have the mopar 2 inch lift, 285/65r20 k02’s, and a Flowmaster exhaust waiting for it.

I do have one question for you all.
I know that rough country disables the parking sensors. Do they get disabled if the true dealership way is done. It doesn’t say anything in the notes in the system...

Let me know your experience.

bigtexco

Reaction score
My dealer did mine had to buy a fca package for $125 and hr of tech time with test drive. And everything works don't let a dealer say no. Because they can they may not know they can.
So when you scheduled your appointment to get your tires calibrated, did Dodge order/buy the fca package prior to your appointment? I believe that is what the guy told me before I take my truck.

Morenar

Reaction score
I just had mine done at the dealer on Thursday. They entered the order the same day and took them less than an hour.

610SRTGang

Reaction score
So when you scheduled your appointment to get your tires calibrated, did Dodge order/buy the fca package prior to your appointment? I believe that is what the guy told me before I take my truck.

It is kind of like buying a service contract from Mopar. Done at the same time.

Quick and easy process.

I just had mine done at the dealer on Thursday. They entered the order the same day and took them less than an hour.
Do your parking sensors still work?

bigtexco

Reaction score
Ended up getting the Hypertech, mainly because I couldn't buy the Rough County online anywhere over the holidays. At any rate it was very simple to use, hardest part was plugging it in.

Knowing your actual measured tire size is key, don't rely on the "tire size". You need to account for tire deflection from the weight of the vehicle, unless you're driving around at 80 psi.

In my case I have 275/70 r18 Michelin Defenders, 33.2" diameter. Michelin states that tire makes 627 revolutions per mile. 1 mile is 5280 feet, or 63,360 inches. Divide 63,360 inches by 627 revolutions and you end up with a circumference of 101.05 inches. Divide by pi (3.14159) for a rolling diameter of 32.17 inches.
I also am getting a Hypertech. I put 35s on my 22 Ram 1500, so need to calibrate my speedometer. Did you have any issues whatsoever? So I guess I need to figure out the math like you did.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I also am getting a Hypertech. I put 35s on my 22 Ram 1500, so need to calibrate my speedometer. Did you have any issues whatsoever? So I guess I need to figure out the math like you did.
Pretty straight forward no issues

Scram1500

Reaction score
Ah, not sure about park assist. My Bighorn is bare bones and does not have park assist

joshsouth12

Reaction score
So I just called my dealer, and he swears that you can’t re-calibrate after 2017 year model. What statement, phrase, or document do I need to send him so that he understands? Or should I just avoid this dealership altogether so they don’t screw it up?

Idahoktm

Reaction score
So I just called my dealer, and he swears that you can’t re-calibrate after 2017 year model. What statement, phrase, or document do I need to send him so that he understands? Or should I just avoid this dealership altogether so they don’t screw it up?
I would have laughed at him, then told him he should be embarrassed for his lack of product knowledge. You can show him the Rough Country calibrator or the AlfaOBD app, but I would just stay away from that dealership...they don't deserve your business.

joshsouth12

Reaction score
I would have laughed at him, then told him he should be embarrassed for his lack of product knowledge. You can show him the Rough Country calibrator or the AlfaOBD app, but I would just stay away from that dealership...they don't deserve your business.

I knew that and tried to argue with him, but didn’t know how to factually refute his statement lol

So I’ve read the thread about 3times over and I may be slow on the uptake, but it sounds like AlfaOBD won’t allow me to update my Speedometer without deactivating my front/rear parking sensors, correct?

Idahoktm

Reaction score
I knew that and tried to argue with him, but didn’t know how to factually refute his statement lol

So I’ve read the thread about 3times over and I may be slow on the uptake, but it sounds like AlfaOBD won’t allow me to update my Speedometer without deactivating my front/rear parking sensors, correct?
I believe it only deactivates ParkSense if your tires are bigger than 35". I have 33" tires and my ParkSense still works.

joshsouth12

Reaction score
I believe it only deactivates ParkSense if your tires are bigger than 35". I have 33" tires and my ParkSense still works.
Thanks - I suppose it helps if I update my sig to include my particulars too in case that matters. White 2020 Ram Crew Cab 4x4, Lone Star Night Edition w/ 12” UConnect

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online