5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best place to purchase Mopar official Mopar warranty- dont buy from local dealer!

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A 7 year extended warranty ends 7 years from the date of purchase according to him.

I believe you were told wrong. At least, if we're talking about an actual factory (aka Mopar) extended warranty.

Thank you for clarifying, and thank you to everyone on this thread. You have really helped me out and saved me money. I was absolutely lied to at the dealer, they told me the extended started after the factory was up. I just called and canceled it.
So what is the advantage of buying an extended warranty so early on before your factory expires? It seems to me that you're losing many years and miles on a warranty and having them overlap. Is there a large difference in cost buying the extended when the truck has 5,000 miles versus 35,000 miles?

If you squint and hold your mouth just right, you could say that they didn't lie to you. The extended warranty does not "start" until the factory one is up - in the sense that it does not give you any coverage until the factory warranty runs out.

But, the clock started when the vehicle was put in service.

The reason to buy the warranty right away instead of waiting until 35 months or 35,000 miles is simply that the price could go up between now and then. It's certainly not going to get cheaper... You're not losing anything. If you buy the 5yr/100K mile warranty, it's going to end 5 years after the date you bought the truck (not the warranty) or when you hit 100,000 miles on the odometer - no matter when you buy the warranty.

cnyram

Reaction score
Thank you for clarifying, and thank you to everyone on this thread. You have really helped me out and saved me money. I was absolutely lied to at the dealer, they told me the extended started after the factory was up. I just called and canceled it.
So what is the advantage of buying an extended warranty so early on before your factory expires? It seems to me that you're losing many years and miles on a warranty and having them overlap. Is there a large difference in cost buying the extended when the truck has 5,000 miles versus 35,000 miles?

What Bram2019 said and also CDJR likes to raise prices at least once, if not twice a year and change coverages. For instance you used to be able to get a lifetime warranty on almost any vehicle. Then you couldn't get the lifetime on SRT vehicles, then off road vehicles, now they don't sell them on anything. I purchased a lifetime on my Rubicon in the last week you could. Now the 8 year is the max, for about the same price.

dvdprl

Reaction score
Could someone please provide the link for Ziegler to purchase warranty?

dvdprl

Reaction score
Curious if anyone else was told it’s $500 extra if your truck is lifted? I have the Mopar 2” lift and they want another $500 on top of Zeigler advertised prices.

green68mustang_2002

Reaction score
Curious if anyone else was told it’s $500 extra if your truck is lifted? I have the Mopar 2” lift and they want another $500 on top of Zeigler advertised prices.
That doesn’t sound right at all. Sounds to me like they are trying to pull one over on you.

HollowBeers

Reaction score
Hello all, do these extended warranties work on a used rental less than 1 year old? Currently looking at a 19 limited that is being sold as a certified pre-owned (Extended powertrain) but listed as a previous rental on the carfax. Thanks!

jerryw1000

Reaction score
Hello all, do these extended warranties work on a used rental less than 1 year old?

Pretty sure they do. They do not ask about rental or pre-owned. Only year, mileage, and still under 3 year/36 month, diesel/gas, and 4x2/4x4.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello all, do these extended warranties work on a used rental less than 1 year old? Currently looking at a 19 limited that is being sold as a certified pre-owned (Extended powertrain) but listed as a previous rental on the carfax. Thanks!

I would seriously read through the fine print. That is the kind of thing that I think would be unusual enough that they wouldn't normally ask about it when selling you the warranty. Heck, the seller wants to sell you the warranty. They are not going to dig TOO deep for reasons for you to not buy it.

Also, I think if you do read the fine print, it seems like it is pretty normal for there to be something that basically says the warranty doesn't apply to vehicles used in a commercial capacity. If there is something like that in there, I would think being a former rental would definitely give them an out on warranty coverage.

RJS

Reaction score
I would seriously read through the fine print. That is the kind of thing that I think would be unusual enough that they wouldn't normally ask about it when selling you the warranty. Heck, the seller wants to sell you the warranty. They are not going to dig TOO deep for reasons for you to not buy it.

Also, I think if you do read the fine print, it seems like it is pretty normal for there to be something that basically says the warranty doesn't apply to vehicles used in a commercial capacity. If there is something like that in there, I would think being a former rental would definitely give them an out on warranty coverage.
This is a fair point, the warranty document excludes heavy and long running duration vehicles generally but they leave a out by saying their list doesn't include every commercial use. I would probably contact (email) Chrysler Warranty with your VIN and see if you can get a warranty. Don't tell them why just that you want to be sure and get a letter, email or other form of hard copy for your records.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just got a 6 year 60k mile maximum care warranty with $100 deductible for $855 through Zeigler. I normally never buy these, but that seemed like an incredibly great price.

fenix501

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just went through trying to track down my best option for an extended warranty. I bought a "Certified Pre-owned" 2019 Ram 1500 Limited in December of 2019. It had 26,000 miles on it when I got it and I'm up to 35,500 now. I put close to 20,000 miles on each year - one car family so it gets a lot of use.

I was looking primarily for the MaxCare plan with 5 years and 100K coverage with a $100 deductible. Ziegler with the "payinfull" discount code was $2,200 - $365 for a total of $1,835 per their website. Chryslerwarrantydirect.com was $2,085 for the same plan. I was just about to pay via Ziegler's website when I decided to make one more call.

About a month after I bought the truck I got an automated mailing from Mopar Vehicle Protection. I ignored it at the time, but thought I'd at least get a quote. I called and actually ended up taking what they offered. They sold me a MaxCare plan at 7 years and 125K miles with a $100 deductible for $2,375. It was offered on a 2 year/24 monthly payment plan with no interest. I put $500 down (they required only $228 to start) and have two years to pay it off at $78.13/month.

The same plan through Ziegler was $3,565 - $365 discount for a total of $3,200 which I would have had to pay for up front.

I had a "Customer ID" that was printed on the mailer they sent me. I'm not sure how or if the price would change if you don't have that. The 800 number is: (800) 336-4851. This is Mopar/FCA direct, not through a dealership.

Thanks for all the help from everyone who's contributed to the threads on this. I hope you guys all find a solid deal for your truck!

Pete

BacktheBlue00

Reaction score
Ok so what is the deal with living in Florida and trying to purchase these plans? These companies insist you have to pay over $3000 for the 8y/100k plan because it's "restricted" by the state. But when you go on Florida CFO website and read the statute, it specifically states the statute does not govern the pricing. "Service Warranty rates are not filed with nor approved by the Office of Insurance Regulation (OIR). According to Section 634.414, Florida Statutes, each service agreement sold in this state must be accompanied by a written disclosure to the consumer that the rate charged for the service agreement is not subject to regulation by the Office of Insurance Regulation." Is anyone educated in this?

Also on Zeigler it says that if you have property in another state you can register the protection plan there. Well I rent a place in another state for work purposes/family dynamics, but the vehicle is registered in Florida. When I called Mopar Warranty services direct, he told me they can invalidate the ESP for purchasing it out of state. JeepFactory also quoted me at about 2500 using my out of state address. Is there any way for Mopar/FCA to invalidate the warranty if you were actually only renting in another state and did not own property? I am also curious how they could go back two years and prove you weren't living somewhere at the time of purchase?

Last edited:

Bram2019

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just went through trying to track down my best option for an extended warranty. I bought a "Certified Pre-owned" 2019 Ram 1500 Limited in December of 2019. It had 26,000 miles on it when I got it and I'm up to 35,500 now. I put close to 20,000 miles on each year - one car family so it gets a lot of use.

I was looking primarily for the MaxCare plan with 5 years and 100K coverage with a $100 deductible. Ziegler with the "payinfull" discount code was $2,200 - $365 for a total of $1,835 per their website. Chryslerwarrantydirect.com was $2,085 for the same plan. I was just about to pay via Ziegler's website when I decided to make one more call.

About a month after I bought the truck I got an automated mailing from Mopar Vehicle Protection. I ignored it at the time, but thought I'd at least get a quote. I called and actually ended up taking what they offered. They sold me a MaxCare plan at 7 years and 125K miles with a $100 deductible for $2,375. It was offered on a 2 year/24 monthly payment plan with no interest. I put $500 down (they required only $228 to start) and have two years to pay it off at $78.13/month.

The same plan through Ziegler was $3,565 - $365 discount for a total of $3,200 which I would have had to pay for up front.

I had a "Customer ID" that was printed on the mailer they sent me. I'm not sure how or if the price would change if you don't have that. The 800 number is: (800) 336-4851. This is Mopar/FCA direct, not through a dealership.

Thanks for all the help from everyone who's contributed to the threads on this. I hope you guys all find a solid deal for your truck!

Pete
I suspect you did not realize a Certified Pre Owned vehicle usually comes with a 8/80 powertrain warranty from Mopar, if it is certified FCA. So you needed to buy a wrap around plan which did not need to cover powertrain. up to that point My guess is that is the reason for the difference in price. You would need to buy a Maxcare plan that adds the powertrain after the initial 8/80. I don't think the Ziegler web site is set to do that. You would have needed to call them. Would the price have been better. I don't know. Sounds like you did ok.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks for that reminder Bram. Certified buyers are supposed to get extra warranty coverage, that‘s built into the “certified” price.

I’m rolling the proverbial dice and not getting an extended warranty for mine. The truck has been flawless so far and even though “past performance is not a predictor of future reliability” (just made that up), I’m not willing to pony up $2k for a bet that I will have major issues.
That‘s all my opinion, I can see where others want all the factory warranty they can get. If I was having issues I’d likely have bought one before the 1st year went by.

Sure is disappointing for our Florida buyers/owners the way the state handles the warranties.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Pete

This is what he is referring to for those that may not have seen the mailers.

Users who are viewing this thread