5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best place to purchase Mopar official Mopar warranty- dont buy from local dealer!

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
I should have paid more attention to this site before I actually picked up my truck.

Just purchased my 2020 Longhorn a month ago. Bought an extended warranty from the dealer.

I only put about 7k miles per year on my truck, so bought a 7 year/60k mile "bumper to bumper" warranty for $1800. (talked him down $700 from his first quote.) However, now that I actually pay better attention, I realize it is a 3rd party warranty and not mopar. And, the "payinfull" code still works on the ziegler site - so I can get the same coverage, with a true Mopar warranty - for $900!

Looks like I will need to be calling the dealer and cancel that warranty.
This forum is great. I made almost the same exact mistake as you. Had to call the pushy finance guy at the dealer and tell him to take his third party expensive warranty and shove it.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I should have paid more attention to this site before I actually picked up my truck.

Just purchased my 2020 Longhorn a month ago. Bought an extended warranty from the dealer.

I only put about 7k miles per year on my truck, so bought a 7 year/60k mile "bumper to bumper" warranty for $1800. (talked him down $700 from his first quote.) However, now that I actually pay better attention, I realize it is a 3rd party warranty and not mopar. And, the "payinfull" code still works on the ziegler site - so I can get the same coverage, with a true Mopar warranty - for $900!

Looks like I will need to be calling the dealer and cancel that warranty.
Ouch. Hope it can be cancelled. But yes, this forum helps owners save a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

tpetty

Reaction score
The dealer let me cancel the warranty, and says I will get the full price back. That's good.

nilsd

Reaction score
FWIW, I got 8yr/125K/$200 for $2370 from Zeigler using PAYINFULL discount code for $365 off. Gave my dealer an opportunity to beat the price, and he said that was literally at cost and showed me on his computer.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone actually used the warranty purchased from Zeigler?
Not yet, as my truck is still under its bumper-to-bumper warranty, but why do you ask? It's just a Mopar warranty (and shows up in my Mopar owner's portal). You can have your vehicle serviced at any Ram dealership under that warranty.

Chieffreeze

Reaction score
Not yet, as my truck is still under its bumper-to-bumper warranty, but why do you ask? It's just a Mopar warranty (and shows up in my Mopar owner's portal). You can have your vehicle serviced at any Ram dealership under that warranty.

I just want to make sure it is legitimate. The quote I received is consistent with what everyone else is saying but I'm leary about things that are too good to be true.

Tom488

Reaction score
I just want to make sure it is legitimate. The quote I received is consistent with what everyone else is saying but I'm leary about things that are too good to be true.
It's not too good to be true... they're a legitimate dealer selling a legitimate Mopar service contract. They've just decided to sell them at a small markup over their cost, and make their money in volume. To them, making $25 per contract sold, and selling 1,000 of them online is more profitable than marking them up $1,200, and selling 10 in their dealership face-to-face.

I haven't had cause to use my 2019 service plan yet, but I used the one on my 2009 several times (bought from a similar online dealer back then), and it was never an issue - it's a true factory service contract.

nilsd

Reaction score
I went to a nearby dealer for the first time last week for some service (bought from a dealer 1+ hr drive away). Never even told the dealer I had an EW (purchased through Zeigler) and when he searched my VIN in the Mopar system, he saw all the details of my EW in the service system associated with my VIN. It's legit.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Rablwo

Reaction score
Denials-
I've been burned by extended warranties before. the last on my 2014 Ram that had a "Million Mile Warranty" unfortunately, I did not keep up with the original paperwork. Now the dealer says what plan? POS - I did not buy my '19 Longhorn from that dealership.

What I am curious about is what is required to maintain the warranty. What maintenance do you have to have documented in order for the plan to remain in place. Do you have to do all of your oil changes and service at a Ram Dealership? That is a pain and very expensive.

In my mind's ear, I can hear a service manager saying "You didn't have your tires rotated every 3000 miles here. Therefore, we will not cover the burnt transmission."

Creep0321

Reaction score
Denials-
I've been burned by extended warranties before. the last on my 2014 Ram that had a "Million Mile Warranty" unfortunately, I did not keep up with the original paperwork. Now the dealer says what plan? POS - I did not buy my '19 Longhorn from that dealership.

What I am curious about is what is required to maintain the warranty. What maintenance do you have to have documented in order for the plan to remain in place. Do you have to do all of your oil changes and service at a Ram Dealership? That is a pain and very expensive.

In my mind's ear, I can hear a service manager saying "You didn't have your tires rotated every 3000 miles here. Therefore, we will not cover the burnt transmission."
Anyone have any info on this? I’ve had my truck since April and already at 15,000 miles so possibly looking to add an extended warranty....

RJS

Reaction score
Denials-

You have made fair points.

In looking at the documents provided with my contract it does state that they can exclude from coverage a vehicle that has not used fluids meeting the FCA specs so if someone changed their own fluids I'll bet they would need to provide documentation of what was used and when but that's no different from the original 36/36 BTB warranty.

While I know it might be a PITA to go to the dealer for oil changes for some, my dealer and many others are selling 3 oil changes with full synthetic oil, filter and tire rotation for $155 or about $52/change. I can't nor want to do that for that price.

My guess is any dealer that would exclude extended warranty service would also deny the original BTB one as the requirement are the same. No different than health, life or auto insurance as one needs to know the ropes in them also.

Lastly, there is no mention of periodic inspections that I can find so my guess is the fluids section covers that aspect.

Buying it is no different than other coverage's in life - pay attention to the nuances, be comfortable with the decision and trust but verify. That's why there is a copy of the contract in my files and truck glove box.

Ss69nielsen

Reaction score
New to the extended warranty plans here.... so when the warranty states "7year/100k" for example, does that mean from the time the factory warranty expires or is that "7/100k" from the date you buy the extended warranty (an overlap in coverage having 2 warranties)?

cnyram

Reaction score
New to the extended warranty plans here.... so when the warranty states "7year/100k" for example, does that mean from the time the factory warranty expires or is that "7/100k" from the date you buy the extended warranty (an overlap in coverage having 2 warranties)?

For vehicles still under the 3 year 36000 mile warranty, the extended warranty begins the date the vehicle was put in service, or the same date your 3 year warranty started. So you're basically getting 4 years and 64000 miles added on with your 7 year 100k mile extended warranty example.

cnyram

Reaction score
For vehicles still under the 3 year 36000 mile warranty, the extended warranty begins the date the vehicle was put in service, or the same date your 3 year warranty started. So you're basically getting 4 years and 64000 miles added on with your 7 year 100k mile extended warranty example.

And it used to be you could still buy an extended warranty if your factory warranty was up but you were under 48,000 miles without an inspection. They changed those rules and if your factory warranty is up it has to be inspected before you can purchase an extended warranty and those are priced for actual years and mileage. Plus a $150 or so inspection fee.

Reverse

Reaction score
Recently bought my Limited. Fortunately, I came prepared and had a quote from Ziegler for 7yr/unlimited warranty for $2505. Didin't tell finance guy, and he quoted me $4499 for the same coverage. When I showed the quote he sputtered a little, but then matched it :) The markup on these warranties is ridiculous.

Rebel-Yell

Reaction score
I was in my RAM dealer yesterday and discussed this with my rep. He said buy the extended warranty just prior to the expiration date of the standard 3 year warranty. A 7 year extended warranty ends 7 years from the date of purchase according to him.

Ss69nielsen

Reaction score

Thank you for clarifying, and thank you to everyone on this thread. You have really helped me out and saved me money. I was absolutely lied to at the dealer, they told me the extended started after the factory was up. I just called and canceled it.
So what is the advantage of buying an extended warranty so early on before your factory expires? It seems to me that you're losing many years and miles on a warranty and having them overlap. Is there a large difference in cost buying the extended when the truck has 5,000 miles versus 35,000 miles?

Bram2019

Reaction score
If you buy the Mopar extended warranty before the truck exceeds 12 months or 12000 miles, the plan is usually about $200.00 cheaper. You can verify that will Zeigler. At least that was the way if was in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread