5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best place to purchase Mopar official Mopar warranty- dont buy from local dealer!

ldoh

Reaction score
What makes me a bit nervous is how Zeigler doesn't use a VIN to get a better idea of the cost to insure. Some vehicle manufacturers want to know the vehicle trim and options before giving a quote.

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What makes me a bit nervous is how Zeigler doesn't use a VIN to get a better idea of the cost to insure. Some vehicle manufacturers want to know the vehicle trim and options before giving a quote.

Uh never heard of that no difference on limited vs base if they have same motor if they are asking for def not because of trim it’s for if a certain vehicle is classified as sports or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U

User_3336

WHAT???????????? If you bought the SAME EXACT ESP from FCA, they use exact same quoting system, including plan numbers.

Your comment makes no sense. We're not talking about an INSURANCE quote which does require a Vin #, and bases rates off trim levels and options.

Zeigler uses the same plan numbers, and the contract is the same as if you had purchased it from FCA.

U

User_3336

The only differentiating questions on an ESP form that would possibly affect the quote are

1. Commercial Use?
2. AWD/4x4 (which that did not change the quote price)
3. Whether it was a Diesel.

Like I said, this is an extended warranty, not an insurance quote, so why would a VIN # be needed up front.
After the quote is changed into a contract, the system automatically pulls the info from FCA, including the "in-service date".

Uh never heard of that no difference on limited vs base if they have same motor if they are asking for def not because of trim it’s for if a certain vehicle is classified as sports or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The only differentiating questions on an ESP form that would possibly affect the quote are

1. Commercial Use?

Like I said, this is an extended warranty, not an insurance quote, so why would a VIN # be needed up front.
After the quote is changed into a contract, the system automatically pulls the info from FCA, including the "in-service date".

IF they asked for a VIN, it would simply be an easy way for them to know the correct answers to "4x4?" and "Diesel?" - possibly to confirm that the buyer did not make a mistake when they entered their info.

U

User_3336

Possibly, but when the quote is turned into a sales contract, the website programming and the FCA system the contract is being entered into would flag these issues if, for example, the vehicle is a Diesel, and the customer did not check that box on the quote.

likewise, you DO enter the VIN on the sales "order", just not before hand.

Maybe they don't want people just keying in RANDOM VIN #'s into a quote system for security until ownership is verified....

IF they asked for a VIN, it would simply be an easy way for them to know the correct answers to "4x4?" and "Diesel?" - possibly to confirm that the buyer did not make a mistake when they entered their info.

ldoh

Reaction score

1. Commercial Use?

Even Chrysler's online extended warranty website requies the VIN upfront. Of course the VIN identifies and distinguishes the vehicle just like a social security # would a US citizen, resident, etc. The VIN is locked to the purchased extended warranty plan upon purchase after providing VIN and knowing potential repair costs for the VINed vehicle. That's backwards from Zeigler's discounted quote. Without vehicle details Zeigler's extended warranty cost is based on some assumed average build across all same year Ram 1500s aside from 2 build options: diesel engine or 4x4. They didn't even ask if it was a classic or 5th gen 1500.

So a Tradesman's owner with fewer electronics and systems pays a higher cost relative to vehicle purchase price than a dolled-up Limited owner. There aren't many risk/reward worlds where that makes sense other than 1) FCA products are high quality, 2) FCA's extended warranty business plan is to refuse most warranty repairs and especially discounted extended warranty plans, 3) FCA expects to declare bankruptcy and spend pennies on the dollar on all extended warranties.

Here are examples of OEMs asking for vehicle VINs upfront before giving an extended warranty quote and Chrysler is included:

ktl5005

Reaction score
Even Chrysler's online extended warranty website requies the VIN upfront. Of course the VIN identifies and distinguishes the vehicle just like a social security # would a US citizen, resident, etc. The VIN is locked to the purchased extended warranty plan upon purchase after providing VIN and knowing potential repair costs for the VINed vehicle. That's backwards from Zeigler's discounted quote. Without vehicle details Zeigler's extended warranty cost is based on some assumed average build across all same year Ram 1500s aside from 2 build options: diesel engine or 4x4. They didn't even ask if it was a classic or 5th gen 1500.

So a Tradesman's owner with fewer electronics and systems pays a higher cost relative to vehicle purchase price than a dolled-up Limited owner. There aren't many risk/reward worlds where that makes sense other than 1) FCA products are high quality, 2) FCA's extended warranty business plan is to refuse most warranty repairs and especially discounted extended warranty plans, 3) FCA expects to declare bankruptcy and spend pennies on the dollar on all extended warranties.

Here are examples of OEMs asking for vehicle VINs upfront before giving an extended warranty quote and Chrysler is included:

Zeigler is a subset of a FCA delaership in Michigan that sells factory backed MOPAR extended warranty plans. They are legit MOPAR extended service plans. I have always bought from them for my wife's Duragnos, my Grand Cherokees and now just got one 8/100,000 for my new Ram. They mail you the actual contract and the warranty card. Also, whenever I go in for oil changes, I also sign a receipt specifically for the warranty to keep track of service, and it shows up in their system my truck has a warranty through MOPAR. There is nothing misleading about it.

ldoh

Reaction score
Zeigler is a subset of a FCA delaership in Michigan that sells factory backed MOPAR extended warranty plans. They are legit MOPAR extended service plans. I have always bought from them for my wife's Duragnos, my Grand Cherokees and now just got one 8/100,000 for my new Ram. They mail you the actual contract and the warranty card. Also, whenever I go in for oil changes, I also sign a receipt specifically for the warranty to keep track of service, and it shows up in their system my truck has a warranty through MOPAR. There is nothing misleading about it.

The money spent and official paper in hand does nothing if your local dealer refuses to honor the discounted extended warranty. I've read some dealers even ask where you purchased the warranty. The dealer makes the final call after all. I've printed out a Zeigler quote and plan to go to 2 local dealers to see if any will match it and may talk to a service advisor or two. I'm hoping 1 of the 2 dealers will agree but suspect the odds are against that happening.

RamPstar

Reaction score
You guys are awesome, I just registered here to say thanks for this thread.

I just bought a lightly used, 15,000 mile, 2018 Ram with 10 months left on the 3/36. So, I was shopping around for a MaxCare plan and came across this thread.

I ended up trying CWD, Ziegler and Bill Gaddis. All matched each other at $1485 for a 7/85 plan but I ended up going with Gaddis as they do not charge a fee for using the 18 month financing. My Mopar app already shows my plan.

Thanks!

ktl5005

Reaction score
The money spent and official paper in hand does nothing if your local dealer refuses to honor the discounted extended warranty. I've read some dealers even ask where you purchased the warranty. The dealer makes the final call after all. I've printed out a Zeigler quote and plan to go to 2 local dealers to see if any will match it and may talk to a service advisor or two. I'm hoping 1 of the 2 dealers will agree but suspect the odds are against that happening.
A FCA dealer cannot deny you warrnaty work on a certified MOPAR extended warranty straight from FCA/MOPAR. The MOPAR warranty is good at any US dealership.........

That's like saying you bought your car at a dealership 5 hours away, but your local dealer is denying you an oil change and state inspection because you didn't buy it there.....

You can do as you please, but I and many many others have had no issues with it.....

U

User_3336

EXACTLY, The same ESP Zeigler sells is the same ESP that FCA sells, just that Zeigler sells thousands online at a cheaper price.
Zeigler has sold too many GENUINE MOPAR ESP's for there to be anything flawed in their online ordering system.
If there was some kind of error, i am sure they'd notify you BEFORE the order was entered into the FCA system.

U

User_3336

We already stated its a GENUINE MOPAR EXTENDED WARRANTY. Regardless of where its purchased, its honored at any RAM dealership

Why are we all the sudden ragging ZEIGLER. They've saved us THOUSANDS of dollars with the PROMO CODE "PAYINFULL".

If you want to purchase an ESP from another dealer, go ahead.

ldoh

Reaction score
We already stated its a GENUINE MOPAR EXTENDED WARRANTY. Regardless of where its purchased, its honored at any RAM dealership

Why are we all the sudden ragging ZEIGLER. They've saved us THOUSANDS of dollars with the PROMO CODE "PAYINFULL".

If you want to purchase an ESP from another dealer, go ahead.

I'm all for a good discount but we need to make sure we know what we're talking about. You can request extended warranty service from a secondary dealer but that dealer decides if they want to perform the work under the plan. As the contract states:

"To obtain service under this Plan, you should return and present this contract to the Dealer who sold you the Plan. In the event you cannot return the vehicle to the selling Dealer for service, you may request service from any Dealer within the US, Canada, Guam, Puerto Rico, or Mexico."

Another thing to correct. The extended warranty contract is not straight from FCA. It's straight from an LLC FCA created called FCA Service Contracts LLC. As the extended warranty contract states: FCA Service Contracts LLC is "the entity obligated to perform the obligations of this contract." So the extended warranty may only be as only as good as the LLC entity.

And by the way, it looks like there are 27 different FCA Services Contract LLC companies. The ship doesn't sink it only takes on water.

Last edited:

ktl5005

Reaction score
I'm all for a good discount but we need to make sure we know what we're talking about. You can request extended warranty service from a secondary dealer but that dealer decides if they want to perform the work under the plan. As the contract states:

"To obtain service under this Plan, you should return and present this contract to the Dealer who sold you the Plan. In the event you cannot return the vehicle to the selling Dealer for service, you may request service from any Dealer within the US, Canada, Guam, Puerto Rico, or Mexico."

Another thing to correct. The extended warranty contract is not straight from FCA. It's straight from an LLC FCA created called FCA Service Contracts LLC. As the extended warranty contract states: FCA Service Contracts LLC is "the entity obligated to perform the obligations of this contract." So the extended warranty may only be as only as good as the LLC entity.

And by the way, it looks like there are 27 different FCA Services Contract LLC companies. The ship doesn't sink it only takes on water.

You are working and looking way too hard at this. Again, they have sold thousands and thousands. No a single issue I have ever heard of. But you do as you please....

U

User_3336

WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! WRONG WRONG!
We already said that ESP's Purchased from ZEIGLER are Genuine MOPAR Warranties.
You can argue all you want. DO YOU WANT ME TO POST MY CONTRACT?
Please research before you start rambling.

U

User_3336

Good lord. Download this freaking contract and read it all you want.

Attachments

• contract.pdf
    229.5 KB · Views: 12

ldoh

Reaction score
WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! WRONG WRONG!
We already said that ESP's Purchased from ZEIGLER are Genuine MOPAR Warranties.
You can argue all you want. DO YOU WANT ME TO POST MY CONTRACT?
Please research before you start rambling.

You might be better off reading the contract and spending less time playing with fonts. Here's a sample contract straight from Zeigler's website and the contract identifies the dealer that sold the extended warranty plan. Go figure.

Users who are viewing this thread