5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best place to purchase Mopar official Mopar warranty- dont buy from local dealer!

BlckDT

Reaction score
And it's nice to get a little refund too if you end up selling your vehicle before extended warranty is up.

I had a Mopar Lifetime MaxCare plan (no expiry) for my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It was used a few times and paid for itself many times over. Nearly all issues coming after 100,000 miles. When I got the RAM and retired the JGC, I submitted for a refund on my Mopar Lifetime MaxCare and got a $25 check!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I may do this if I keep the truck longer than three years (which is what would get me, as I only drive about 5,000-6000 miles / year). What is the cutoff to get an extended warranty, 35 months?

Tiger79

Reaction score
I may do this if I keep the truck longer than three years (which is what would get me, as I only drive about 5,000-6000 miles / year). What is the cutoff to get an extended warranty, 35 months?
I talked with Zeigler and they said as long as you get it done before your 3 year, 36k mile warranty is up, you should be good. Costs about $100 more every year or every 12k miles, but several on here have had the PAYINFULL discount code that drops the prices quite a bit.

U

User_3336

UNFORTUNATELY, you never know when FCA is going to throw straight out price hikes out there.......

"PAYINFULL" promo code is still active.

I talked with Zeigler and they said as long as you get it done before your 3 year, 36k mile warranty is up, you should be good. Costs about $100 more every year or every 12k miles, but several on here have had the PAYINFULL discount code that drops the prices quite a bit.

Rick J

Reaction score
I just booked 6 yr 100,000 miles / $100 deducible for $2,040 through Zeigler.

I feel like that was pretty good.
For what it's worth, I just bought the 8 year/100K miles Max Care with $100 deductible for $2065 through Ziegler. Not sure why the price difference ( 8 year vs 6 year) for basically the same price. Capture.JPG

RJS

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I just bought the 8 year/100K miles Max Care with $100 deductible for $2065 through Ziegler. Not sure why the price difference ( 8 year vs 6 year) for basically the same price. View attachment 37174
That's an excellent price. Is it for a 19 Hemi and how did you contact them. thx

Rick J

Reaction score
Last edited:
U

User_3336

www.factoryplans.com

Zeigler Chrysler Ford

1186 E M-89

Plainwell MI 49080

866.943.7778 toll free direct

800.327.5880 toll free operator

269.685.5800 x 1208

269.585.6004 fax

269.685.3557 direct

Bob Cline

That's an excellent price. Is it for a 19 Hemi and how did you contact them. thx

U

User_3336

Awesome to find so many folks taking advantage of the Promo Code "PAYINFULL" for $365 off at Zeigler!
Bob Cline over at Zeigler has given forum members discounts for a good while now.

U

User_3336

There is a pro-rated refund based off mileage and date of purchase, minus a $75 admin fee.
You would have to contact the selling dealer to initiate a refund.

Is there any refund if you sell the car or it gets totalled?

11B4X4

Reaction score
After some research and calling around I have found that vehicles registered in Florida do not get any kind of discount on extended warranties. So the price above for 8yr/125k mile from Ziegler is over $3k for my truck since it's registered in Florida. Tempted to buy it and use my mailing address which is a different state for the purchase, but have feeling trying to be sneaky will eventually come back to bite me.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
After some research and calling around I have found that vehicles registered in Florida do not get any kind of discount on extended warranties. So the price above for 8yr/125k mile from Ziegler is over $3k for my truck since it's registered in Florida. Tempted to buy it and use my mailing address which is a different state for the purchase, but have feeling trying to be sneaky will eventually come back to bite me.
This has me curious but I would think that Ziegler would not allow you to buy with an address that is different than where the VIN in registered.

TexasDrone

Reaction score
I got mine during Black Friday or Cyber Monday when it was 8 yr 125,000 miles for like $2495

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I got mine during Black Friday or Cyber Monday when it was 8 yr 125,000 miles for like $2495

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That would be tempting but that's gone now. I'm still on the fence with these warranties, leaning towards no. My thoughts are based solely on my own experience, having had 3 factory extended warranties in the last 20 years (1 Ford, 2 Toyota) and didn't use any of them. Doesn't mean I wouldn't on this truck, and I've read/heard some of the horror stories on the applicable Toy, Ford and RAM forums... It's a crapshoot.
Remember, they are betting you won't have a problem, you are betting that you will (fine print and denials aside of course).

Last edited by a moderator:

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
That would be tempting but that's gone now. I'm still on the fence with these warranties, leaning towards no. My thoughts are based solely on my own experience, having had 3 factory extended warranties in the last 20 years (1 Ford, 12 Toyota) and didn't use any of them. Doesn't mean I wouldn't on this truck, and I've read/heard some of the horror stories on the applicable Toy, Ford and RAM forums... It's a crapshoot.
Remember, they are betting you won't have a problem, you are betting that you will (fine print and denials aside of course).
Use the "payinfull" coupon code and it will get you within $100 of that cyber Monday price. Could also try the online chat to see if they would still honor at the cyber Monday price.

tpetty

Reaction score
I should have paid more attention to this site before I actually picked up my truck.

Just purchased my 2020 Longhorn a month ago. Bought an extended warranty from the dealer.

I only put about 7k miles per year on my truck, so bought a 7 year/60k mile "bumper to bumper" warranty for $1800. (talked him down $700 from his first quote.) However, now that I actually pay better attention, I realize it is a 3rd party warranty and not mopar. And, the "payinfull" code still works on the ziegler site - so I can get the same coverage, with a true Mopar warranty - for $900!

Looks like I will need to be calling the dealer and cancel that warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread