5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best place to purchase Mopar official Mopar warranty- dont buy from local dealer!

U

User_3336

The "payinfull" discount from Zeigler is still active. Price change might be delayed due to the holidays coming up?

Love those promo codes! :) thanks Bob Cline @ Zeigler!

I haven't noticed the July 1 price increase at Zeigler? I bit the bullet and did the 8/100k warranty yesterday with the payinfull and it's still the same price today?

Not a huge deal, and still happy but thought I could give myself a nod for saving X dollars over waiting...

U

User_3336

Zeigler doesn't do business like that. If they forwarn you of a price change, its just a "last chance" before it actually DOES go up.

It seems the "price is going to increase, you better buy now" is a common scare tactic used to BUY NOW. lol

jonnyt

Reaction score
When it says its factory backed direct like that does it enter into the Ram dealer or do they have to call for any repairs?

rundm

Reaction score
I have the extended mopar warranty on my jeep and just took it in for service. I was told for a 500 dollar charge on a new policy, an adjuster has to come out and for 2500 dollars, an adjuster comes out no matter what. My jeep had a few issues to total around 3600 dollars and they gave a verbal ok for it today. The paperwork still has to be sent in but they are starting repairs as of now. I plan on trading it in for a 2017 3500 limited they have on the used car lot right now.

Jlud

Reaction score
I drive lower miles, its a 3rd vehicle so pricing out 8 year 75k mile Maximum Care (comprehensive) plans with 200 deductible for Ram 1500, 2019, in new vehicle grace period:

Ziegler with promo code = $1,085

Warranty Direct = $1,335

U

User_3336

Never heard of such. Who is this "adjuster"?

I have the extended mopar warranty on my jeep and just took it in for service. I was told for a 500 dollar charge on a new policy, an adjuster has to come out and for 2500 dollars, an adjuster comes out no matter what. My jeep had a few issues to total around 3600 dollars and they gave a verbal ok for it today. The paperwork still has to be sent in but they are starting repairs as of now. I plan on trading it in for a 2017 3500 limited they have on the used car lot right now.

rundm

Reaction score
Don't know who he was but he had to give the ok for the dealership to move on with the repair under warranty. He came in and gave them a verbal ok so they started on the repair work. The lady told me that if the repairs were above 2500, someone had to ok it no matter what. Its all good, the repairs are getting done.
I also checked with ziegler last night on a truck I am looking at getting and they are lower cost then the other online mopar dealer I had talked with yesterday.

ArcotRAMathorn

Reaction score
Chrysler factory plans has 8/yr 125k $0 ded. for $5315 (before discount code). Chryslerwarrantydirect has same for $3520. Wonder why so different

U

User_3336

that is strange. I will contact Bob Cline at Zeigler and let him check into this. Zeigler is usually the cheapest.

Chryslerwarrantydirect DOES have a DISCLAIMER stating that the prices are being UPDATED, so their prices online at the moment COULD be wrong. It would be interesting if you placed an online order for that if you would REALLY get that price.

Zeigler's prices are what you pay (and the discount code of "payinfull" still nets $365 off)....

Chrysler factory plans has 8/yr 125k $0 ded. for $5315 (before discount code). Chryslerwarrantydirect has same for $3520. Wonder why so different

ArcotRAMathorn

Reaction score
that is strange. I will contact Bob Cline at Zeigler and let him check into this. Zeigler is usually the cheapest.

Chryslerwarrantydirect DOES have a DISCLAIMER stating that the prices are being UPDATED, so their prices online at the moment COULD be wrong. It would be interesting if you placed an online order for that if you would REALLY get that price.

Zeigler's prices are what you pay (and the discount code of "payinfull" still nets $365 off)....

Yeah, could be updating. Also, Zeigler's had a specific Ram Rebel model in their drop down while Chryslerwarrantydirect just has Ram 1500

U

User_3336

The price change happened July 1. Not sure why Chryslerwarrantydirect is dragging behind. I will find out Monday from Zeigler.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bear in mind that the Ziegler site takes into account the state your are in. If you tell it that you are in Florida, it will only show you retail price on the selected plan.

Florida state law disallows discounting of extended warranties. I'm not sure if any other states do that, so I don't know if there are other states that will cause the Ziegler site to only show full price.

But, for quote purposes, you can set your state to Virginia, and I know that will work to let you see the discounted price.

roshang98

Reaction score
GEICO MBI
36.00 dollars every 6 months 250 deductible 7yr 100k warranty. covers everything except brakes tires etc.

I have it for all my cars.. Used it for my wife's BMW . Super easy, called Geico, dropped the car off at BMW paid BMW 250 when I picked it up..
To me it seems way cheaper than spending all the money upfront for a Just in Case warranty..
yes. I am using GEICO MBI . But never got chance to use.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I got a quote from Ziegler last night. For a new PW with 7/unlimited and using promo code "payinfull" came back at $2040.00
This pricing makes more sense. Before they discontinued the Lifetime MaxCare, I purchased (with $100 deductible) for <$3K.

Filson

Reaction score
Sorry to be posting this before any sort of introduction post, but it is timely. Photo of my new rig attached. I will get a post with a signature with all the details done soon.

Edit: Everything quoted below is 7yr/100K with $100 deductible

Edit #2: I just received e-mail confirmation that they stacked the 2 discounts ($50 off coupon + $100 statement credit for signing up for the credit card). Final price is $1925. I am most pleased

I am one of those who did not do my homework (or find this forum) prior to my Limited purchase. I was able to get my very expensive, dealership specific, 7 year/100K service plan refunded ($3250). I am, however, confused by the comments of this thread.

I go to the Zeigler site and I am quoted $2795 for the 7yr/100k warranty which would come to $2430 with the Payinfull $365 discount code.

After an excellent and lengthy phone conversation with one of their reps, the Chrysler Warranty Direct site gives me $2075 for the same 7yr/100k warranty and it drops to $1975 if you sign up for a credit card. That credit card allows you to payoff the $1975 warranty in 6 months with no fees @ $329.17/mo. If you choose to finance for 18 months, there is a $180 fee to do so and you have to pay 10% down. The warranty then becomes $2225 with $225 down and 18 monthly payments of ~ $112/month. If you simply pay in full, they have a $50 coupon and the price is $2025. No problem for me with the credit card as I will simply pay off in 6 months and close. That is the option I will be going with.

Clearly, there are some serious proponents of the Zeigler site, but I am getting a significantly lower price at the other website. I want to make sure I am not missing anything or making an error in judgement (again!).

This place is awesome!! Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• New truck.jpg
    New truck.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nope you are correct. I went with the same place as you within the last month and got quoted a better deal. Nothing against Zeigler at all, I know a lot on the board have had great success with them and I have never seen one a complaint. I just think it is the market and how things can turn back and forth. What you got is a Mopar warranty so in the end it is all the same. It's just a matter of finding the best deal. Feel rest assured you have the extended warranty! I sure do!

Sorry to be posting this before any sort of introduction post, but it is timely. Photo of my new rig attached. I will get a post with a signature with all the details done soon.

Edit: Everything quoted below is 7yr/100K with $100 deductible

I am one of those who did not do my homework (or find this forum) prior to my Limited purchase. I was able to get my very expensive, dealership specific, 7 year/100K service plan refunded ($3250). I am, however, confused by the comments of this thread.

I go to the Zeigler site and I am quoted $2795 for the 7yr/100k warranty which would come to $2430 with the Payinfull $365 discount code.

After an excellent and lengthy phone conversation with one of their reps, the Chrysler Warranty Direct site gives me $2075 for the same 7yr/100k warranty and it drops to $1975 if you sign up for a credit card. That credit card allows you to payoff the $1975 warranty in 6 months with no fees @ $329.17/mo. If you choose to finance for 18 months, there is a $180 fee to do so and you have to pay 10% down. The warranty then becomes $2225 with $225 down and 18 monthly payments of ~ $112/month. If you simply pay in full, they have a $50 coupon and the price is $2025. No problem for me with the credit card as I will simply pay off in 6 months and close. That is the option I will be going with.

Clearly, there are some serious proponents of the Zeigler site, but I am getting a significantly lower price at the other website. I want to make sure I am not missing anything or making an error in judgement (again!).

This place is awesome!! Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread