5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best place to purchase Mopar official Mopar warranty- dont buy from local dealer!

ktl5005

Reaction score
If you haven't already got one you better jump in there before the sweet heart deals are gone. Use the savings code and get some! Fortunately you won't need to use it on your nondescript adequately performing a/c system. :)
You should go look again because I posted pictures and it’s well within spec. With that said you still haven’t stayed at warranty you bought. I think you should do some research in mind your business because your way overthinking this whole extended warranty thing.Zeigler Equals factory warranty. end of story

ktl5005

Reaction score
Jumping to conclusions will frequently lead you down the wrong path.

Sleep well and enjoy your heavily discounted with additional 'payinfull' savings code all-ish dealer honored FCA/MOPAR-ish backed warranty third party warranty!
Your an absolute idiot. MOPAR backed factory warranty. Thousands have bought them. Go search many forms of Chrysler vehicles. No one’s had an issue with it. You should just go away troller

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t know which warranty product I got but went in yesterday for oil and tire rotation and I had to pay $0. They said it’s covered based on the plan I bought. Is this correct?? Not complaining, but best $2300 I spent.
340fbcd3e2c9c0798f7541f0f925c268.jpg

2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn Megacab
2019 OpenRange 3X427BHS
2020 Jayco NorthPoint 382FL

Mopar doesn’t cover oil changes not for sure what’s the deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U

User_3336

Yeah, IDOH wants to bash the MOPER/FCA warranty, but he NEVER stated WHAT extended warranty he bought.

Don't feel the troll an longer.

troll2.gif

You should go look again because I posted pictures and it’s well within spec. With that said you still haven’t stayed at warranty you bought. I think you should do some research in mind your business because your way overthinking this whole extended warranty thing.Zeigler Equals factory warranty. end of story

ldoh said:
If you haven't already got one you better jump in there before the sweet heart deals are gone. Use the savings code and get some! Fortunately you won't need to use it on your nondescript adequately performing a/c system.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don’t know which warranty product I got but went in yesterday for oil and tire rotation and I had to pay $0. They said it’s covered based on the plan I bought. Is this correct?? Not complaining, but best $2300 I spent.
340fbcd3e2c9c0798f7541f0f925c268.jpg

2019 OpenRange 3X427BHS
You purchased a service contract when you bought the truck. The dealership is not doing it out of the kindness of their hearts because you bought the truck from their sales department.

If you didn't know this check your fine print to find out how many oil changes/services were purchased and how much you paid for that package (and how long you have to use them).

Some negotiate the first oil change or two into the purchase price and some buy a package (oil changes, wheel rotation/balance, etc.) to finance into the purchase price.

TexasDrone

Reaction score
He Said it’s covered under my max care plan. Not going to argue with them.
07645fbfc6625aaaf02af57f641b4236.jpg

2019 OpenRange 3X427BHS

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

2019 OpenRange 3X427BHS
It’s not under MaxCare; it’s a different benefit that all Texas buyers receive (4 free oil changes and 4 tire rotations in the first 2 years). I change my own oil, but I’ve used this benefit for tire rotations.

U

User_3336

In some states,

"Ram Care is an exclusive membership program filled with exciting benefits and perks created to bring our owners the utmost in care and 24/7 support. When you purchase an eligible Ram Brand vehicle, you will automatically be enrolled in a 24-month Ram Care membership. A Ram Care membership can also be purchased on other 2014 model year or newer vehicles."

The Dealer here in TN stated that had been "discontinued". When you click on the link, it just takes you to the MOPAR OWNER website. Used to it was a seperate package that was listed on your "packages", just like the one pictured. It stated "Southeastern Business Center Value". ESP24ESN-SECLOF was the code. (This was in TN)

2019 OpenRange 3X427BHS

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
first of all is it a good way to do business ? you said Generally NO? huh..ITS NOT A GOOD WAY TO DO BUSINESS PERIOD.....
DO YOU KNOW THE REPERCUSSIONS IF A FCA DEALER DID WHAT YOU SAY COULD POSSIBLY HAPPEN? I SAY ITS ZERO CHANCE THAT WILL EVER HAPPEN. DID YOU WANT TO BE RIGHT SO BAD THAT YOU WOULD JUMP ON A .009% THAT IT COULD HAPPEN

Jiminy cricket! I think somebody woke up on the wrong side of their panties!

I did not say anything about whether it's a good way to do business.

It has not happened to me, but I have certainly read in the owners forums (not 5th Gen) about it happening to other people before. That is how I came to learn that dealerships do not HAVE to perform warranty work.

Agreed, generally, WHY would any dealership turn away warranty work, Its $$$$ for the dealership.

Because they're short-handed in the service department and the warranty work doesn't pay as well as non-warranty work?

I don't pay for oil changes, either. That's because I bought BOTH a MaxCare warranty and a Mopar service plan that covers all maintenance for 10 years or 100K miles. I've been for service at 3 different Dodge dealers now, since I bought my current truck. None of them were the dealership where I bought the truck. All of them did my oil changes and tire rotations at no further cost to me.

U

User_3336

the dealer got paid from the plan provisions of the maintenance contract. Doesn't matter who the Mopar/CDJR dealer was.

I don't pay for oil changes, either. That's because I bought BOTH a MaxCare warranty and a Mopar service plan that covers all maintenance for 10 years or 100K miles. I've been for service at 3 different Dodge dealers now, since I bought my current truck. None of them were the dealership where I bought the truck. All of them did my oil changes and tire rotations at no further cost to me.

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Jiminy cricket! I think somebody woke up on the wrong side of their panties!

I did not say anything about whether it's a good way to do business.

It has not happened to me, but I have certainly read in the owners forums (not 5th Gen) about it happening to other people before. That is how I came to learn that dealerships do not HAVE to perform warranty work.

Because they're short-handed in the service department and the warranty work doesn't pay as well as non-warranty work?

First of go back and read my comments you stated it’s it a good way to do business and proceeded to say GENERALLY NO. I STATES ITS NOT EVEN GENERAL ITS DEFINITELY A BAD WAY TO DO BUSINESS HERES YOUR QUOTE Yes, it's a legit MOPAR warranty.

But, no, there is no law that says that every single FCA dealership has to accept your warranty. It's like any other business. Every dealer has the right to refuse service to anybody they want to. Is it good business to do that? Generally, no.

But, if a dealer doesn't like you, it's absolutely their prerogative to decline to accept your vehicle for work. That might be because they're mad that you bought it somewhere else. It might because they have a limited number of techs and they make more money doing work that is not being paid for by FCA. The reason doesn't matter. They don't have to accept your business if they don't want to.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
First of go back and read my comments you stated it’s it a good way to do business and proceeded to say GENERALLY NO. I STATES ITS NOT EVEN GENERAL ITS DEFINITELY A BAD WAY TO DO BUSINESS HERES YOUR QUOTE Yes, it's a legit MOPAR warranty.

But, no, there is no law that says that every single FCA dealership has to accept your warranty. It's like any other business. Every dealer has the right to refuse service to anybody they want to. Is it good business to do that? Generally, no.

But, if a dealer doesn't like you, it's absolutely their prerogative to decline to accept your vehicle for work. That might be because they're mad that you bought it somewhere else. It might because they have a limited number of techs and they make more money doing work that is not being paid for by FCA. The reason doesn't matter. They don't have to accept your business if they don't want to.

Okay. You're right. You are obviously a business genius and I know nothing. I thought there might be an occasional specific circumstance where it is actually better business for a dealer to decline to accept a customer. But, I bow to your infinite business wisdom, Mr. Buffet.

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Okay. You're right. You are obviously a business genius and I know nothing. I thought there might be an occasional specific circumstance where it is actually better business for a dealer to decline to accept a customer. But, I bow to your infinite business wisdom, Mr. Buffet.

Dude seriously stop your changing the narrative every time stick with the subject and what YOU said.

cookeze

Reaction score
Just bought from Chryslerwarrantydirect.com because they beat Ziegler's price by $75 with no added fees/taxes.......

U

User_3336

Zeigler doesn't charge tax or fees either. Hard to believe anyone beat Zeigler.

Would be interesting to see your comparison.

Just bought from Chryslerwarrantydirect.com because they beat Ziegler's price by $75 with no added fees/taxes.......

U

User_3336

I did a comparison of the following plan...

Warranty Selected: 2020 Ram 1500
Official Mopar® Vehicle Protection Maximum Care 7 Years / 75,000 Miles Warranty With a $100 Deductible

Chryslerwarrantydirect price = $1435

Zeigler Price = $1185

Zeigler was already $250 cheaper. I simply don't believe Chryslerwarrantydirect.com gave another $75 off Zeigler's price.....

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just wanted to add that all of these places seem to match each other if you email them...some might even go $10 less to win the sale.

However, only one took what I wanted since I have a 4 year / 15K per year lease.

All I needed was 4 year / 60K miles to cover the gap from 36K-60K on bumper to bumper items.

Zeigler and Chryslerwarrantydirect only wanted to sell the 5 year / 60K.

I was able to get the 4 year / 60K with zero deductible for the same price as the 5 year / 60K with a $100 deductible which works perfect for me.

Here is the contact info for the guy that worked with me. Tell him Sean in SC with contract # 47542100 sent ya. I told him I would put his info on the forums.

Jason Edmonson
Mopar Service Contracts
CR Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram - Official Dealer
Warranty Office
2000 Curtis Road
Adrian, MI 49221
(517)662-0400 - Direct Line

Users who are viewing this thread