5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best place to purchase Mopar official Mopar warranty- dont buy from local dealer!

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I bought a warranty for my 2015 Ram R/T I found the cheapest deal by far from a dealership sponsor on the Challenger forum I belong to. They are in N.C. I'm in AZ. So it pays to shop around. When I traded my Ram for a Jeep Grand Cherokee (something I regret) the dealership here filed the refund form to Mopar and I recieved the prorated refund quickly. I also had checked with the national Mopar warranty places and discovered that after I checked the cost and then ignored them for a while they would email me with additional discounts. Don't forget, there is no rush to get an extended warranty. You are covered with the factory warranty to 36k. If I keep a vehicle until 36k miles then I shop for a warranty. I'd rather keep my money until I actually might need an extended warranty.
∆ This. Anyone who buys an extra warranty on a brand new vehicle is wasting their money by A LOT. My girl just got a new 2020 Rav4. She signed the papers while I was in the lobby and talked her into buying an additional warranty through them for $2600. Total waste of money! I wasn't too happy that they talked her into that without me there. They did pay for the new window tints though... :cautious:

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ETorque is only covered by the 8/80k emissions warranty. The Maximum Care warranty specifically excludes any emissions and hybrid-related components.
Etorque is absolutely Not covered under the emissions (8yr/80k) warranty but is covered under the power train warranty.

The Critic

Reaction score
Etorque is absolutely Not covered under the emissions (8yr/80k) warranty but is covered under the power train warranty.

Not true- see below:

173d700f33c885c13f447d5642955c04.plist

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone who buys an extra warranty on a brand new vehicle is wasting their money by A LOT.
To each his own. While I have other things I could have spent $3K on it's worth it to me if something goes wrong. I have the 7 year / unlimited miles warranty. I drive 25K-30K miles a year and plan to have this truck for awhile and will be at about 200K miles when I reach the end of the MaxCare warranty. Small potatoes if something electronic or drivetrain goes wrong. There are numerous repairs that will go past $3K pretty quick.

If it weren't for COVID I'd be outside the B2B already but I'll still be out of it in the next couple of months.

For me that boils down to $45/month from the time my B2B expires at 36K miles until it ends in 2026. For less than the cost of my wife and I going to the movies it is worth it.

Just my .02

U

User_3336

She got screwed on the way out. Did it REALLY REALLY REALLY hurt? LOL

I only paid around $1,100 for a 8 year/75,000 plan on my RAM.

∆ This. Anyone who buys an extra warranty on a brand new vehicle is wasting their money by A LOT. My girl just got a new 2020 Rav4. She signed the papers while I was in the lobby and talked her into buying an additional warranty through them for $2600. Total waste of money! I wasn't too happy that they talked her into that without me there. They did pay for the new window tints though... :cautious:

The Critic

Reaction score
She got screwed on the way out. Did it REALLY REALLY REALLY hurt? LOL

I only paid around $1,100 for a 8 year/75,000 plan on my RAM.

Seriously. Even the most expensive 10/125 Toyota warranty shouldn’t be more than 2k. Call some of the contacts in the slickdeals threads. Get a refund from the dealer:

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seriously. Even the most expensive 10/125 Toyota warranty shouldn’t be more than 2k. Call some of the contacts in the slickdeals threads. Get a refund from the dealer:

I'm seriously thinking about it...I'm pretty sure it can be cancelled but I know a warranty like that cant be added on later...smh.

U

User_3336

ESP's can typically be cancelled, BUT expected it to be a pro-rated amount based off date of purchase vs miles plus a cancellation ADMIN fee. Widely varies by manufacturer, but expect it.

The Critic

Reaction score
ESP's can typically be cancelled, BUT expected it to be a pro-rated amount based off date of purchase vs miles plus a cancellation ADMIN fee. Widely varies by manufacturer, but expect it.

Not sure on the Toyota one, but the Mopar one has a 60 day window where you can get a full refund.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can also pay an additional fee to make it refundable. If you don't ever use it you can get a refund when it expires.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking of...wonder if it's even worth cancelling at this point because of that

Rick J

Reaction score
If she bought in the last 30 days she can get a full refund. Even if it's over 30 days she can get a prorated refund that will probably be more than it would cost to get an extended warranty someplace else. Even if she got 8 years and 100K miles, she was ripped off. I got 8 years, 100K miles on my Limited for under $2K.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If she bought in the last 30 days she can get a full refund. Even if it's over 30 days she can get a prorated refund that will probably be more than it would cost to get an extended warranty someplace else. Even if she got 8 years and 100K miles, she was ripped off. I got 8 years, 100K miles on my Limited for under $2K.
I think it is 8 years/100k. I know it's been at least a month so I guess it depends on what the prorated amount return would be and if it'll be worth the hassle.

shurik74

Reaction score
Little disagree! Toyota is Toyota with reliability, no need to buy warranty for sure but Chrysler group is different story IMHO. I did not buy but thinking to get it since planning to keep my new RAM for 10 years minimum.

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
I looked into extending 5he warranty due to fears with eTorque and issues with cracked back windows so I contacted them and they sent me back a list of items not covered.

I knew that wearable items (brakes, pads, wipers, tires) were not covered but I was surprised to find out that eTorque, batteries, plastics(headlight and taillights) along with Glas were also not covered.

after considering that with the 3 yr/ 36k miles and 5 yr/50k driver train I decided not it was not worth it.

i see that people have issues with Stuff not being tight, leaks and squeaks and A/C issues but those are happening on new vehicles which are already covered and should betaken care of.

Just my 2 cents worth.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Little disagree! Toyota is Toyota with reliability, no need to buy warranty for sure but Chrysler group is different story IMHO. I did not buy but thinking to get it since planning to keep my new RAM for 10 years minimum.
I agree for the most part ...better off waiting until the first three years are up though. Because you already have a bumper to bumper warranty for the first 30k miles.

The Critic

Reaction score
I agree for the most part ...better off waiting until the first three years are up though. Because you already have a bumper to bumper warranty for the first 30k miles.

The price increases significantly after 1/12k.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The price increases significantly after 1/12k.
There is a price bump at 12K miles and then another at 24K miles to purchase a plan (~$300 each time IIRC).

For a policy on a new vehicle (New Mopar Vehicle Protection) the price goes up as the truck gets 'older' but the coverage doesn't change. It is all based off of when the truck was purchased from the dealership. It does not start when you buy the extended warranty or when your B2B expires, the start date is the date you purchased the truck regardless of when you purchase the plan. For example,if you purchase a 5 year plan and you don't drive over 12K miles a year then it is really a 2 year plan since your B2B will go for 3 years.

There is also a warranty you can get for used vehicles too (Pre-Owned Mopar Protection) but I'm not sure of the specifics on that one.

Last edited:

Wsmith

Reaction score
I just got a couple of quotes from Ziegler. $200 deductable, $100 is quite a bit more and all warranties are like playing craps. 8/125k = $2,370. 8/100k = $1,845. I normally put about 12k per year, I am leaning toward the 100k plan. I'm not sure about the additional $525 for 25k miles. As I said all warranties are a crap shoot.

Users who are viewing this thread