5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best place to purchase Mopar official Mopar warranty- dont buy from local dealer!

U

User_3336

PURCHASE YOUR ESP FROM WHO EVER YOU WANT. You are over analyzing this.

Yeah, and the selling dealer was ZEIGLER, who is a RAM dealer in Michigan.

You might be better off reading the contract and spending less time playing with fonts. Here's a sample contract straight from Zeigler's website and the contract identifies the dealer that sold the extended warranty plan. Go figure.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You might be better off reading the contract and spending less time playing with fonts. Here's a sample contract straight from Zeigler's website and the contract identifies the dealer that sold the extended warranty plan. Go figure.

Yes, as do all extended warranties offered by wholly-owned subsidiaries of FCA. You can receive service at the selling dealer or any authorized FCA dealer. The contract even provides a clause for contacting FCA to arrange service from a non-FCA dealer in the event that no authorized dealers in your area. It’s a pretty straightforward contract.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, as do all extended warranties offered by wholly-owned subsidiaries of FCA. You can receive service at the selling dealer or any authorized FCA dealer. The contract even provides a clause for contacting FCA to arrange service from a non-FCA dealer in the event that no authorized dealers in your area. It’s a pretty straightforward contract.
I should add that my local dealer offered to match Zeigler’s price when I showed them the quote, probably because I just took delivery of a $70K truck. I still purchased with Ziegler. I’m not worried about it.

ldoh

Reaction score
I should add that my local dealer offered to match Zeigler’s price when I showed them the quote, probably because I just took delivery of a $70K truck. I still purchased with Ziegler. I’m not worried about it.

That's good info. Thanks

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, it's a legit MOPAR warranty.

But, no, there is no law that says that every single FCA dealership has to accept your warranty. It's like any other business. Every dealer has the right to refuse service to anybody they want to. Is it good business to do that? Generally, no.

But, if a dealer doesn't like you, it's absolutely their prerogative to decline to accept your vehicle for work. That might be because they're mad that you bought it somewhere else. It might because they have a limited number of techs and they make more money doing work that is not being paid for by FCA. The reason doesn't matter. They don't have to accept your business if they don't want to.

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score

But, no, there is no law that says that every single FCA dealership has to accept your warranty. It's like any other business. Every dealer has the right to refuse service to anybody they want to. Is it good business to do that? Generally, no.

But, if a dealer doesn't like you, it's absolutely their prerogative to decline to accept your vehicle for work. That might be because they're mad that you bought it somewhere else. It might because they have a limited number of techs and they make more money doing work that is not being paid for by FCA. The reason doesn't matter. They don't have to accept your business if they don't want to.
first of all is it a good way to do business ? you said Generally NO? huh..ITS NOT A GOOD WAY TO DO BUSINESS PERIOD.....
DO YOU KNOW THE REPERCUSSIONS IF A FCA DEALER DID WHAT YOU SAY COULD POSSIBLY HAPPEN? I SAY ITS ZERO CHANCE THAT WILL EVER HAPPEN. DID YOU WANT TO BE RIGHT SO BAD THAT YOU WOULD JUMP ON A .009% THAT IT COULD HAPPEN

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Is there ONE single bonafide case of this happening?? Time to put up or shut up with this crap already.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Is there ONE single bonafide case of this happening?? Time to put up or shut up with this crap already.

I’ve had 7 CDJR vehicles in the last 11 years (two Rams) and none were bought at my home dealership nor was the Lifetime Maxcare Warranty I had on them. Never once was there a problem using it. In fact for oil changes I would drop off at 7am and have them order me a rental through Enterprise using the “first day rental” provision in the plan so I could get to work and pick up at the end of the day and it was free. Used that everytime over a period of 11 years with 7 different CDJR vehicles ALL with Maxcare warranties. No issues at all.

U

User_3336

Agreed, generally, WHY would any dealership turn away warranty work, Its $$$$ for the dealership.

Why would it make any difference if you bought your vehicle at THEIR dealership?

Why would it make any difference if you bought your ESP at some other dealership? The ESP is registered in the FCA system and it attached to your VIN?

Why is there such a debate ignited as to whether the MOPAR ESP is legit? The contract has been posted and clearly legit.

Why are some folks questioning whether a dealer like Zeigler is supposed to be selling them? Its the the SAME EXACT ESP if you purchased off the MOPAR website. and I surely appreciate Zeigler giving me an extra $365 off using PROMO CODE "payinfull", versus no discount.

We got ONE person who started all of this, and it needs to be put to rest!!!

I’ve had 7 CDJR vehicles in the last 11 years (two Rams) and none were bought at my home dealership nor was the Lifetime Maxcare Warranty I had on them. Never once was there a problem using it. In fact for oil changes I would drop off at 7am and have them order me a rental through Enterprise using the “first day rental” provision in the plan so I could get to work and pick up at the end of the day and it was free. Used that everytime over a period of 11 years with 7 different CDJR vehicles ALL with Maxcare warranties. No issues at all.

RamPstar

Reaction score
I know Ziegler is popular here and they were very nice but this is just my experience...it may vary.

Ziegler offered the same price over the phone as the website with the code but added a fee for 12 month financing.

Website- $1850-$365=$1485 paid in full.
Phone- $1485+$115 fee=$1600 over 12 months. (Which all makes sense with the $250 off coupon with financing)

When I called Gaddis their original quote was $1850 but matched the $1485 of Ziegler and they do not charge a fee for the financing.
$1485 out the door with $200 down and $71.39 a month for 18 months for a 7/85 plan.

Local dealer quoted me $3500 for the same plan and wouldn’t budge.

Paying in full it wouldn’t have mattered but it paid to make a few phone calls for me.

Last edited:

ldoh

Reaction score
It's good to discuss those devil in the details for those that are considering an extended warranty. I always avoid extended warranties but more recently have been purchasing them for today's more complicated vehicles. However I always avoided 3rd party extended warranties.

Having said that, those 27 new LLC company filings were all formed after the 2008 auto industry crisis. That speaks louder than words or the ever present upper case font in this thread. This isn't your daddy's extended warranty. This is a 'factory' extended warranty via third party obligation, aka doublespeak.

Last edited:

ktl5005

Reaction score
It's good to discuss those devil in the details for those that are considering an extended warranty. I always avoid extended warranties but more recently have been purchasing them for today's more complicated vehicles. However I always avoided 3rd party extended warranties.

Having said that, those 27 new LLC company filings were all formed after the 2008 auto industry crisis. That speaks louder than words or the ever present upper case font in this thread. This isn't your daddy's extended warranty. This is a 'factory' extended warranty via third party obligation, aka doublespeak.
You should just go buy whatever you feel makes you comfortable because no matter what we say it isn’t going to change your mind.

Zeigler=factory MOPAR warranty. It’s in their system. Any dealership can search it. Shows up on my Ram app. This is legit. My comments are now complete

ldoh

Reaction score
Agreed, generally, WHY would any dealership turn away warranty work, Its $$$$ for the dealership.

Why would it make any difference if you bought your vehicle at THEIR dealership?

Why would it make any difference if you bought your ESP at some other dealership? The ESP is registered in the FCA system and it attached to your VIN?

Why is there such a debate ignited as to whether the MOPAR ESP is legit? The contract has been posted and clearly legit.

Why are some folks questioning whether a dealer like Zeigler is supposed to be selling them? Its the the SAME EXACT ESP if you purchased off the MOPAR website. and I surely appreciate Zeigler giving me an extra $365 off using PROMO CODE "payinfull", versus no discount.

We got ONE person who started all of this, and it needs to be put to rest!!!

So far facts haven't gotten in the way of your confused views but I'll try again.

Warranty work is almost always less profitable for a dealership versus non warranty work.

One dealership makes money on the sale of the extended warranty. You do the math.

Most dealerships are privately owned enterprises and they decide their own company policy. Aside from FCA's reputation and enticing more vehicle purchases from the factory, dealers can pretty much do that they want. If they have to, they'll even sue FCA. It's a slimy cut throat business where ethics and morality takes a back seat even today.

U

User_3336

You are so contradictory. I first thought you were an ESP(extended warranty) hater. Then you say you "more recently have been purchasing them for today's more complicated vehicles."......

SO, exactly WHAT kind of extended warranty did you buy? Obviously, it wasn't a "factory FCA/MOPAR extended warranty". But you rant on and on about avoiding "third party warranties".

So what kind of extended warranty did you buy??

U

User_3336

troll.jpg troll2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
U

User_3336

He (IDOH) bought an extended warranty, but it wasn't a third party one and nor was it a Mopar warranty. Maybe his daddy sells extended warranties, and he's the exclusive buyer! LOL
Don't continue the discussion, and the troll will just leave! The troll didn't join the conversation until after the 183rd post.

You should just go buy whatever you feel makes you comfortable because no matter what we say it isn’t going to change your mind.

Zeigler=factory MOPAR warranty. It’s in their system. Any dealership can search it. Shows up on my Ram app. This is legit. My comments are now complete

ldoh

Reaction score
You are so contradictory. I first thought you were an ESP(extended warranty) hater. Then you say you "more recently have been purchasing them for today's more complicated vehicles."......

SO, exactly WHAT kind of extended warranty did you buy? Obviously, it wasn't a "factory FCA/MOPAR extended warranty". But you rant on and on about avoiding "third party warranties".

So what kind of extended warranty did you buy??

Jumping to conclusions will frequently lead you down the wrong path.

Sleep well and enjoy your heavily discounted with additional 'payinfull' savings code all-ish dealer honored FCA/MOPAR-ish backed warranty third party warranty!

ldoh

Reaction score
And what does he honest think a service department does most of? Other than routine maintenance, its WARRANTY WORK. LOL

If you haven't already got one you better jump in there before the sweet heart deals are gone. Use the savings code and get some! Fortunately you won't need to use it on your nondescript adequately performing a/c system. :)

TexasDrone

Reaction score
I don’t know which warranty product I got but went in yesterday for oil and tire rotation and I had to pay $0. They said it’s covered based on the plan I bought. Is this correct?? Not complaining, but best $2300 I spent.
340fbcd3e2c9c0798f7541f0f925c268.jpg

2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn Megacab
2019 OpenRange 3X427BHS
2020 Jayco NorthPoint 382FL

Users who are viewing this thread