5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Dash Cam

n8zcc

Reaction score
I gotta say. I am extremely disappointed in any and all user interfaces for the Blackvue, and I regularly have to program micro computers, VFDs and PLCs at work. Think I may just toss it and stick with my GoPro...I am even more and completely disappointed in Blackboxmycar...
Wow, after having several various brands I would have to put Blackview's UI at the top.

Are you just trashing a product or do you have specifics, after all, "extremely disappointed" is awful strong for not providing any examples of why. But then again, new member and this is your post #1.

Last edited:

Ram-583

Reaction score
I have a Garmin Mini 2 Dash Cam in all of my vehicles, 4 of them to be exact. You wouldn't even know it was in the vehicle! You can not beat the size or price and it a major company not some company you've never heard of. You will need the Polorized lens cover for optimal clarity with sun glare and night filming and if you want they sell a "Parking Cable" that is motion activated if anyone or anything comes close to your truck. Well worth it in my opinion.

Attachments

• Garmin.jpg
    Garmin.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 41HVT6cS97L._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    41HVT6cS97L._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 17
  • 61OOvQGdbqL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    61OOvQGdbqL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 17

Louhound88

Reaction score
I have a Garmin Mini 2 Dash Cam in all of my vehicles, 4 of them to be exact. You wouldn't even know it was in the vehicle! You can not beat the size or price and it a major company not some company you've never heard of. You will need the Polorized lens cover for optimal clarity with sun glare and night filming and if you want they sell a "Parking Cable" that is motion activated if anyone or anything comes close to your truck. Well worth it in my opinion.

How is the picture quality? Also, how is the app?

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bought and installed these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074JT3698/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Amazon.com: SimpleUSBPort Dash Cam Power Adapter (10-pin Type D) : Everything Else

Amazon.com: SimpleUSBPort Dash Cam Power Adapter (10-pin Type D) : Everything Else
www.amazon.com
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09B1GXM16/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So far, pretty impressed, especially at the price point. The adapter makes for a simple clean install. This is a dashcam only, no rearview cam. This is my very first one to ever own and just wanted what I got. They have a 10 step youtube vid instructions that are pretty detailed and informative on "how to" and features. WiFi and an app that is pretty decent, along with a detailed instruction manual.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The picture quality is very HD and clear 1080p especialy for the size of the camera. I uploaded a short dash cam video from last Friday I had on my camera (No I didn't get pulled over) LoL. The video was taken in my old Buick not my RAM.

https://youtu.be/verVLRwxNaI
Do you have a rear-facing camera? Looks like you can add up to four of these and sync them up. Wondering how well that works.

FMJ

Reaction score
Wow, after having several various brands I would have to put Blackview's UI at the top.

Are you just trashing a product or do you have specifics, after all, "extremely disappointed" is awful strong for not providing any examples of why. But then again, new member and this is your post #1.
I spend my work week programming various devices (PLC's, VFD's, level/flow/pressure sensors). Their UI sucks and is about as far from "Intuitave" as some of my commercial Hart programming is, the PC SD Viewer is almost worthless. Whatever their "Proprietary" issue is, no SD card can be used for anything but a Blackview after SD Viewer formatting. Firmware issues....Shock sensor settings do not work. Set to off as in 0 as in do not use at all, I get 42 detections in 12 min trips... Since changing firmware on PC doesnt work I contacted customer support.. Their customer support is "Basic" but did respond in under an hour. My firmware issues were resolved by, "I guess you have to sit in your truck to update or download anything"
And thats just the cam issues...BBMC has not responded to RMA/support for the $70 Sansdisc upgrade I bought...you know...Sansdisc, a MFG that for years Blavkvue and others even here on this forum warn against...reputable and knowledgeable vendor my butt...Took 11 days for a guaranteed 3 day delivery as well. Nope, never again. Once I settle on a decent system for the work fleet I'll shop elsewhere.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I spend my work week programming various devices (PLC's, VFD's, level/flow/pressure sensors). Their UI sucks and is about as far from "Intuitave" as some of my commercial Hart programming is, the PC SD Viewer is almost worthless. Whatever their "Proprietary" issue is, no SD card can be used for anything but a Blackview after SD Viewer formatting. Firmware issues....Shock sensor settings do not work. Set to off as in 0 as in do not use at all, I get 42 detections in 12 min trips... Since changing firmware on PC doesnt work I contacted customer support.. Their customer support is "Basic" but did respond in under an hour. My firmware issues were resolved by, "I guess you have to sit in your truck to update or download anything"
And thats just the cam issues...BBMC has not responded to RMA/support for the $70 Sansdisc upgrade I bought...you know...Sansdisc, a MFG that for years Blavkvue and others even here on this forum warn against...reputable and knowledgeable vendor my butt...Took 11 days for a guaranteed 3 day delivery as well. Nope, never again. Once I settle on a decent system for the work fleet I'll shop elsewhere.
Other than the BBMC customer support issue this all sounds like user error. I have none of these problems between my two DR750x units. Sandisc works fine in both of my cameras as well. Also, I've reformatted an SD card after using it for a Blackvue, works fine.

FMJ

Reaction score
Other than the BBMC customer support issue this all sounds like user error. I have none of these problems between my two DR750x units. Sandisc works fine in both of my cameras as well. Also, I've reformatted an SD card after using it for a Blackvue, works fine.
User error? This is not an ID10T issue. Only after formatting a card with the Viewer does this happen. received_378271290416987.jpeg

FMJ

Reaction score
Lets add BBMC sent me 20 Amp fuses with the taps....20A? Really?

jimbotron

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've had the Blackvue DR750X single camera for a few months and decided to buy the addon for the rear camera. I've seen two methods of wiring the rear camera in this thread:
1. Down the passenger A pillar to the floor, to the back seat, up and to the camera on the back window.
2. Remove rear brake light and fish the wire from the front of the truck.

I have the dual sunroof, so I have to assume my only option is #1 above? I'm fine with either, but if I have an option I'd just rather do whatever's easier.

Thanks

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've had the Blackvue DR750X single camera for a few months and decided to buy the addon for the rear camera. I've seen two methods of wiring the rear camera in this thread:
1. Down the passenger A pillar to the floor, to the back seat, up and to the camera on the back window.

I have the dual sunroof, so I have to assume my only option is #1 above? I'm fine with either, but if I have an option I'd just rather do whatever's easier.

Thanks
You can still fish the wire from the 3rd brake light even with a pano roof. Do what's easiest for you. If you do not have a fiberglass fish rod, fishing the wire may be difficult. You can also go across the headliner above each door and just ensure the wire is behind the airbag. I would never go across the floor as that it totally unnecessary and the longest to do. Either fish it or go across the headliner IMPO.

n8zcc

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks
I did number 1, I didn't want to mess with the weather seal between the cab and the third brake light.

truckless

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks
In three trucks I always ran up to headliner over windshield, to passenger side and followed headliner all the way to back and than mounted to passenger side rear window as to not interfere with slider. All excess was then tucked up and away. Never had a problem and usually done in less then 10 minutes and equally as easily removed.

The only thing I run down a pillar is power on drivers side...

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
My one year old Rexing V1 Pro Max has started to randomly reset itself back to factory defaults.
Most settings are personal preference which would be tolerable but it also switches off the parking monitor.
Tech support has not been helpful to date so I may be looking to try out something new.

I keep getting links to some AI equiped fleet cam systems and wondered if anyone here has any experience with them.
Does it add any realtime driver benefit or is it mostly for analysis after the fact and gatherign metrics on driuvers and routes?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
My one year old Rexing V1 Pro Max has started to randomly reset itself back to factory defaults.
Most settings are personal preference which would be tolerable but it also switches off the parking monitor.
Tech support has not been helpful to date so I may be looking to try out something new.

I keep getting links to some AI equiped fleet cam systems and wondered if anyone here has any experience with them.
Does it add any realtime driver benefit or is it mostly for analysis after the fact and gatherign metrics on driuvers and routes?
Buy a Blackvue and call it a day. You don't need a fleet system for a personal truck...WAY overkill.

mhendo

Reaction score
I got the Blackvue DR-750X 2 Ch and with it hardwired. The only thing I do not like about it is the built-in voltage regulator. I don't think it works as it has killed my battery twice now, and that was with the settings set to turn off after an 1 hour and the motion detection turned off. I don't need the parking mode, so I ended up moving the tap to a switched outlet and now it turns on/off with the truck. Other than that, I thinks it a great camera.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I got the Blackvue DR-750X 2 Ch and with it hardwired. The only thing I do not like about it is the built-in voltage regulator. I don't think it works as it has killed my battery twice now, and that was with the settings set to turn off after an 1 hour and the motion detection turned off. I don't need the parking mode, so I ended up moving the tap to a switched outlet and now it turns on/off with the truck. Other than that, I thinks it a great camera.
Then you have something else going on there. Happy to help you figure it out if interested. There is clearly either something off in your settings or you have a bad camera. I have not seen any cameras with the issue you are referencing.

Users who are viewing this thread