5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BEST Cap/Top out there...... RSI SmartCap ?

Have you heard of the SmartCap?

• Yes, I have it installed and Love it!

Votes: 34 20.2%
  • Yes, I have it installed, but not really worth the price!

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Yes, Very interested in getting one!

Votes: 85 50.6%
  • Yes, but not interested, way too pricey!

Votes: 28 16.7%
  • No, where the heck is South Africa?

Votes: 19 11.3%

• Total voters

Chuck44

Reaction score
I am really wanting to get one of these, but I am not sure that it will fit in my garage. I have a measured 23.75 inches of clearance from the Bed Rail Caps to the top of my garage door opening. The listed height of the EV1000-MB Cap is 23.03 inches. It is not clear if that is the installed maximum height including the vent on the top and any added height from the rubber gasket installed between the bed rails and the SmartCap....or if it is just the raw height of the panels. Can someone who has one of these installed on a 19-24 DT RAM measure the "installed height" from the bed rail caps to the top of the vent...it would be much appreciated? Thanks

Last edited:

roaminwiththeromes

Reaction score
I put a board on the smartcap and measured straight up from the bed rails. 23.75 inches though I'd round up to 24. Smart cap is an inch or two taller than the truck

Chuck44

Reaction score
I put a board on the smartcap and measured straight up from the bed rails. 23.75 inches though I'd round up to 24. Smart cap is an inch or two taller than the truck
Thank You! That is going to be zero clearance for me...even with pretty worn tires. Just to clarify, was the board placed on the vent?

Users who are viewing this thread