5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BEST Cap/Top out there...... RSI SmartCap ?

Have you heard of the SmartCap?

• Yes, I have it installed and Love it!

Votes: 34 20.9%
  • Yes, I have it installed, but not really worth the price!

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Yes, Very interested in getting one!

Votes: 84 51.5%
  • Yes, but not interested, way too pricey!

Votes: 25 15.3%
  • No, where the heck is South Africa?

Votes: 18 11.0%

• Total voters

outdoorco75

Reaction score
Here it is for anyone interested. Full size, driver side. Super easy to put in solo. About 45 minutes.
5a17630c214e24a2b27483e3dabe2f1b.jpg

b3d9ae22abf3380629ff74043a9048f2.jpg

59f235804045542d007ed9a15f4c9103.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outdoorco75

Reaction score
That looks really nice. Might have to get me one.

I love it so far. Perfect place to put food for a road trip when bed is loaded so you have easy access. I think it will have a lot of uses for daily stuff as well. And it doesn’t take up too much room in back.

GTLimited

Reaction score
any more shots of the lumber framing you have in the back? I'm especially interested on the fork mount. Is it for a mtb or road?

outdoorco75

Reaction score
I will get some more photos. That mount is for MTB, made by Rocky Mounts, Hot Rod thru axle version.

outdoorco75

Reaction score
dd0298f989c9be48d4b506e869f2beef.jpg

a230cabad1e606be4a283f5a1747efdc.jpg

4ddeb0426a6bea7adacadbb6132ce442.jpg

I used 2- 2x6’s for the cross boards. Then stacked 2x6 pieces to get the MTB mount far enough forward for my bike. I have a large 29er with a long wheel base and it just fits. I painted the wood with truck bed liner.

350TX

Reaction score
I love it so far. Perfect place to put food for a road trip when bed is loaded so you have easy access. I think it will have a lot of uses for daily stuff as well. And it doesn’t take up too much room in back.

Thanks for posting pics of the side storage. It doesn’t go as deep as I thought it would but that is a good thing from my perspective. The storage compartments are reversible from left to right side mounting position?

outdoorco75

Reaction score
You have to buy one side or the other. They don’t flip because there is a slope on the back end that you may not be able to see.

nainey_09

Reaction score
Hey guys, i was wondering if anyone has mounted a wedge style tent on their smart cap. Im looking to get the smart cap with a wedge style tent but im not sure if itll clear the shark fin on the cab. Has anyone done this? Can i clear the fin if i mount the tent directly to the smartcap?

m_d_p

Reaction score
Been trying to get hold of the rsi guys to see their lead times on the 2019+ 1500 short bed versions but no responses from their contact form or the pre-order form. Anyone know anymore?

WHEELBURNS

Reaction score
I will get some more photos. That mount is for MTB, made by Rocky Mounts, Hot Rod thru axle version.

I have been considering a half-bin, but was concerned about it hitting my handlebars or bike frame with the bike in there. Could I trouble you for a shot with the bike in?

outdoorco75

Reaction score
I have been considering a half-bin, but was concerned about it hitting my handlebars or bike frame with the bike in there. Could I trouble you for a shot with the bike in?

I will try and get a photo tomorrow. If you put the mount as far to the back of the truck as possible like I did, you should be ok. My shifter barely touches the bin so I just put a towel around it so it doesn’t rattle against bin during transport.

xd9z

Reaction score
Do you guys recommend ordering online or from a local dealer?

outdoorco75

Reaction score
I ordered straight from RSI for both the cap and bin and had no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online