5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed step WITH multifunction split tailgate.

theonlyMcG

Reaction score
Well I finally got resolution to this myself. I ordered the truck in September and took delivery in October. No step came with it. I have been working with my sales manager ever since and he has been going back and forth with his rep. The rep first came back with the step was only supposed to be on customer orders and wouldn't be on any of the trucks that dealers just have on the lot. My sales manager called B.S. because mine was a customer order truck. More back and forth and they asked if I wanted the corner step, I said I do not, at this point I have had my truck for long enough to know that if it is not the center step I probably won't use it that much.

Then they came back with a $200 credit, which I told them was too low based on the price of the BUG as an option and the price of the step if I were to just buy it myself had I not "ordered" it.

Moral of the story I got a $500 Mopar Accessories credit that I am now going to put towards the Mopar Ram Air which I would like to have more than the step. So I am happy even though it took way too long to go through all of that. Still love the truck and my dealer was helpful if a little slow.

Yukon06

Reaction score
Yes I noticed the same thing. Trying to order Black Appearance Limited with MFT now through our fleet manager and he says he can't configure it either. He is calling the factory to see why. Also saw that the BUG details say the step is not included with the MFT option.
Update...2020 Limited Black Edition with MFT and Ramboxes is now on order. Apparently there was a glitch in the software not allowing the combination to be ordered together that is now fixed. Hopefully get my truck in 8-10 weeks!

striperseeker

Reaction score
Hello everyone. New to the forum and new to RAM. I just received my 1500 Laramie. I ordered it with the BUG and MFT and RAMBOXes. I did not get the step. The builder website says it is NAW MFT and dealer said they confirmed it.
1.) What did everyone that ordered it use as a remedy with the deal to get a MOPAR credit or some other refund?
2.) Was anyone able to get the step?
it's nearly a $400 option on MOPAR site and the BUG was $895.
Any help would be appreciated and I hope to return the favors one day.
-Mark

kmj.1

Reaction score
I ordered my 2020 RAM Limited BAP 4x4 with Ramboxes, MFT, & BUG but I didn’t get a center bed step or any step when I received my truck in mid February. I was sure it was on the order. When was the cutoff that FCA removed the step in the BUG option. I ordered around Dec 10 2019.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VETTE277

Reaction score
Is the center bed step available for order now ? Anyone have a part number ?

striperseeker

Reaction score
I got my step installed. FCA paid half and the dealer picked up the other half. Don't know why they don't include it with the BUG and MFT options or at least deduct money from the BUG option if you get the MFT. They allow you a $295 credit if you back out the sport hood. Fits nicely and works great. Thanks to Shively Motors of Chambersburg for kicking in the other half and the labor.

Yukon06

Reaction score
Just for clarification, did they install the center step (for the MFT) or the standard side step? I haven't seen one out yet. Would love to see picture. Thanks!

Johnwi

Reaction score
I got my step installed. FCA paid half and the dealer picked up the other half. Don't know why they don't include it with the BUG and MFT options or at least deduct money from the BUG option if you get the MFT. They allow you a $295 credit if you back out the sport hood. Fits nicely and works great. Thanks to Shively Motors of Chambersburg for kicking in the other half and the labor.
Can you show us some pictures and provide a part number for this step?

johnbucalo

Reaction score
Hey guys. So, I got a call from my salesman this morning. He told me that Ram admitted it was their fault, it should have been on my truck, my deployable step has been ordered, is on the way and will be installed free of charge. It’s always nice when things go the way they should!!

Did you get the step?

Pino F

Reaction score
I purchased the side step and installed it my self. I have a mft and it bolted right on following the instructions included.
It’s great and does its job.
734f3f84ff7009b3e4e819561dfd986d.jpg

doolin64

Reaction score
Is that side step usable if the tailgate is swung open? Or only if the tailgate is dropped in the traditional manner?

Pino F

Reaction score
I think it’s best used if you bring the tailgate down the traditional way when I swing it open I have the weather tech step at the tow hitch which is much preferable to use in my opinion

Jester

Reaction score
I have not received the step. I emailed the Ram rep again on March 9th and was told there is no update. It would be nice to know if they scrapped it or not. It’s absolutely absurd that we can’t get a definitive answer.

Last edited:

omamatt

Reaction score
This is what the correct step looks like and where/how it is mounted... View attachment 51543
How's that going to work with the tailgate is down? When the MFT is swung open we have the area by the license plate. The Bed Step is needed, IMO, when the tailgate is down.

GeorgeA

Reaction score
How's that going to work with the tailgate is down? When the MFT is swung open we have the area by the license plate. The Bed Step is needed, IMO, when the tailgate is down.
Does anyone have a update on the "mysterious" Center Step that works with the MFT?? I think this thread clearly identifies the Center Step as being different than the Side Step.

The photo posted by "Jester" on April 6th is one I am talking about.

Jester

Reaction score
I just emailed the Ram rep again. I also mentioned there were several mft owners here on 5thgenrams.com that would like to know what’s going on with the center mounted step. I‘ll let you know what he says. I’m sure it’s just more b.s. that nobody knows anything. It was supposedly coming this spring or 1st/2nd quarter this year and nothing yet. Dealers don’t know anything & Ram Care is useless. Great customer service!! :rolleyes:

Jester

Reaction score
This is the response I received.....

“I have not heard anything about a center mounted bed step.
I would not be given advance information on future design, testing status or release of new products, those announcements are managed by FCA's marketing & PR departments.
(Your or my contact with them will not yield the information you seek until an official announcement is released.)

Further, as you likely know and has been widely reported, all aspects of Automobile manufacturing (including vendors) in the US and around the world along with many of the Government agencies that we work with have been closed or otherwise severely affected by the Covid-19 Pandemic. As a result the time lines for testing, approvals, manufacturing etc. are all unknown at this time.”

2020BlackRebel

Reaction score
I also purchased a rear step kit and received the left rear one and NOT the center rear one. All I need is a Mopar part number for the center one. Does anyone have this?

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also purchased a rear step kit and received the left rear one and NOT the center rear one. All I need is a Mopar part number for the center one. Does anyone have this?

Post #6 on this thread...

I’m not 100% sure but this might be it because it has a higher MSRP ($624) than any version of the corner step that I’ve seen. Mopar 68276196-AA

Users who are viewing this thread