5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed step WITH multifunction split tailgate.

Jester

Reaction score
Hey guys. 1st time Ram Owner. I ordered a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited with the limited 1 equipment group, black appearance package, Ramboxes, multi-function tailgate, 33-gallon fuel tank, bed utility group, e-lock rear axel, trailer brake control, & dual-pane panoramic sunroof.

I received the truck and LOVE it, but when I got it home, I noticed that it was missing the deployable bed step. I called the salesman and told him it was missing. He had me come back and confirmed it was missing. We went back inside and talked with another Ram employee who got on the computer and proceeded to build my truck online to see if the bed step was removed for some reason when you build it. It wasn’t. Then they said they had to talk to the Ram rep. “to find out why I didn’t get the bed step.” I told them, not to be rude, but I don’t care about the why, you guys owe me bed step. Still waiting to hear....

Anyone know what the deal would be other than they forgot to install it at the factory? Also, I notice on regular tailgates, the bedstep is at the left corner of the bed. From pictures, I can see that with the multi-function tailgate, it is just to the right of the left tailpipe. Can anyone with the multifuction tailgate confirm this? Is it a different bed step then the corner one or the same just installed in the different location?

moparleo51

Reaction score
maybe it is different due to how the tailgate swings open to the left side,that why. just a thought.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys. 1st time Ram Owner. I ordered a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited with the limited 1 equipment group, black appearance package, Ramboxes, multi-function tailgate, 33-gallon fuel tank, bed utility group, e-lock rear axel, trailer brake control, & dual-pane panoramic sunroof.

I received the truck and LOVE it, but when I got it home, I noticed that it was missing the deployable bed step. I called the salesman and told him it was missing. He had me come back and confirmed it was missing. We went back inside and talked with another Ram employee who got on the computer and proceeded to build my truck online to see if the bed step was removed for some reason when you build it. It wasn’t. Then they said they had to talk to the Ram rep. “to find out why I didn’t get the bed step.” I told them, not to be rude, but I don’t care about the why, you guys owe me bed step. Still waiting to hear....

Anyone know what the deal would be other than they forgot to install it at the factory? Also, I notice on regular tailgates, the bedstep is at the left corner of the bed. From pictures, I can see that with the multi-function tailgate, it is just to the right of the left tailpipe. Can anyone with the multifuction tailgate confirm this? Is it a different bed step then the corner one or the same just installed in the different location?

From the pictures I’ve seen they definitely look different. The MFT step looks twice as wide as the corner step.

259F4C49-71E5-4886-9456-A3AB6D0F0EDB.jpeg

CB4CE787-D331-4ECD-A844-019BA7448884.jpeg

Jester

Reaction score
From the pictures I’ve seen they definitely look different. The MFT step looks twice as wide as the corner step.

View attachment 37895

View attachment 37896

View attachment 37895

View attachment 37896
Awesome pics. Definitely a difference. The salesman/dealer doesn’t seem to know much. I just want to make sure they get me the right one!!

Last edited:

Jester

Reaction score
You wouldn’t happen to have the Part # for the MFT one, would you?

Last edited:

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You wouldn’t happen to have the Part # for the MFT, one would you?

I’m not 100% sure but this might be it because it has a higher MSRP ($624) than any version of the corner step that I’ve seen. Mopar 68276196-AA

Robclark

Reaction score
I just bought a 2020 Limuted this weekend with MFT. Dealer tells me early build 2020’s did not include the step. I am calling bs on this and am going to continue to press. I see pics including it with the bed utility group which I have. Has anyone actually gotten the step included with their truck?

LouCap

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Limited with the MFT and the BUG and I don't have the step.

voyagerx

Reaction score
I also got a 2020 limited with ramboxes , MFT, and the BUG and did not get the step.

jcarcueva

Reaction score
Here in Canada the bed step doesn't come with the Bed Utility Group if you order with a MFT. :(

Jester

Reaction score
It’s definitely bs. If you go into the build and price, pick the bed utility group and the MFT, it shows the deployable bed step as part of the BUG. The only thing that says not available in all configurations is the bed divider. I know when I ordered the truck with the salesman, one of the things I wanted was the deployable bed step. Last year it was an option by itself. This year it’s in the BUG and the salesman found it there. This may be a huge manufacturing error if they neglected to add the step to everyone’s truck who ordered one. At this point, I don’t care about the “why”, just order me the step and install it. That’s why I had to order my truck, so I could have it the way I wanted. Bottom line, I ordered and paid for one. They owe me a step!!

LouCap

Reaction score
It’s definitely bs. If you go into the build and price, pick the bed utility group and the MFT, it shows the deployable bed step as part of the BUG. The only thing that says not available in all configurations is the bed divider. I know when I ordered the truck with the salesman, one of the things I wanted was the deployable bed step. Last year it was an option by itself. This year it’s in the BUG and the salesman found it there. This may be a huge manufacturing error if they neglected to add the step to everyone’s truck who ordered one. At this point, I don’t care about the “why”, just order me the step and install it. That’s why I had to order my truck, so I could have it the way I wanted. Bottom line, I ordered and paid for one. They owe me a step!!
Let us know if they give you one. I want a refund for the surround view cameras I paid for and they deleted with the tow package too...but I'm not holding my breath.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

theonlyMcG

Reaction score
I am going through the same thing with my dealer currently. They had me take pictures of the area where the step would be on the truck as well as my VIN sticker inside the drivers door to send to their "Dealer rep". The story I have gotten so far is that the trucks that were "orders" were supposed to have the step but the ones that just went to lots were not supposed to. Dealer thinks that this indicates either an issue with the supplier for the step or some late design flaw found that required a running change that is making supplies for the step low. I was just in there yesterday and they were still working on it with the rep. I have a service appointment on Monday so I will get an update then.

Jester

Reaction score
Let us know if they give you one. I want a refund for the surround view cameras I paid for and they deleted with the tow package too...but I'm not holding my breath.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
It seems like a simple solution. Just give me the step I PAID for. I’ll keeps you guys posted of the results....

Jester

Reaction score
Now, I noticed that I’m missing the “limited” trim pieces on the doors.... WTH?!?! I only have the “RAM” on the door. 3E280F80-E8A4-47D5-95AF-B08A8314F2F1.png D925992B-F1D3-4138-AF02-5BC1FAD18F26.jpeg

g3sys

Reaction score
Same here on my 2020 night edition with MFT, no step although sticker lists it in the bed group.

Jester

Reaction score
Hey guys. So, I got a call from my salesman this morning. He told me that Ram admitted it was their fault, it should have been on my truck, my deployable step has been ordered, is on the way and will be installed free of charge. It’s always nice when things go the way they should!!

RSConsulting

Reaction score
I’m not 100% sure but this might be it because it has a higher MSRP ($624) than any version of the corner step that I’ve seen. Mopar 68276196-AA

That's just INSANE PRICING for a frikkin bed step. Pretty sure that AMP OEM's the steps for Mopar, but they're not on AMP's site for aftermarket.

Seems like RAM TAX is even more expensive than HARLEY TAX...

Rick

Users who are viewing this thread