5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed step WITH multifunction split tailgate.

jcarcueva

Reaction score
I have a 2019 with the MFT AND the step. It is the one that is at the corner, not the wider one that is pictured above.

I am guessing the 2020 Models do not give you the option of bed step with MFT....the corner one anyway.

flynfish

Reaction score
I also have a 2019 with MFT l, BUG and corner step, but the step was listed separately on the window sticker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

irish91

Reaction score
Hey guys. So, I got a call from my salesman this morning. He told me that Ram admitted it was their fault, it should have been on my truck, my deployable step has been ordered, is on the way and will be installed free of charge. It’s always nice when things go the way they should!!

Good to know. Just picked up my 20 Limited with the BUG, Ramboxes and MFT but no bed step. Will need to call the dealer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jester

Reaction score
I guess I spoke too soon!! Salesman called today and said my step came in. He opened the box and of course it was the corner step. Even though I stated multiple times to make sure it was NOT the corner step and make sure they ordered the “new”, bigger, more center mounted, MFT one. He assured me it was. Now, I’m being told that the new one is not available yet and I will have to wait if that’s the one I want. ‍They have no idea when it will be available. I called the 800 number for Ram and they have no info either. Unacceptable!! Nobody at Ram knows when the new step will be available?!?! BS!! Someone has to know.... Good customer service is scares these days.

Last edited:

Adrianp89

Reaction score
I guess I spoke too soon!! Salesman called today and said my step came in. He opened the box and of course it was the corner step. Even though I stated multiple times to make sure it was NOT the corner step and make sure they ordered the “new”, bigger, more center mounted, MFT one. He assured me it was. Now, I’m being told that the new one is not available yet and I will have to wait if that’s the one I want. ‍♂ They have no idea when it will be available. I called the 800 number for Ram an they have no info either. Unacceptable!! Nobody at Ram knows when the new step will be available?!?! BS!! Someone has to know.... Good customer service is scares these days.

I understand the frustration... but it just a step, and it’s been only seen in a a handful of promotions. Do you really expect Joe Schmo from the call center to have the answer of a release date? It not a movie or video game, these thing go through strenuous testing and then manufacturing has to machine tools to make it and then production has to be ramped up.

Jester

Reaction score
I understand the frustration... but it just a step, and it’s been only seen in a a handful of promotions. Do you really expect Joe Schmo from the call center to have the answer of a release date? It not a movie or video game, these thing go through strenuous testing and then manufacturing has to machine tools to make it and then production has to be ramped up.
Yes, actually, I do. It’s their job to know about the products they are selling. At the very least, if they don’t know, FIND OUT. It’s not hard to go to a supervisor. If the supervisor doesn’t know they should go to the next person, etc. until the answer is found. That’s the problem. Good customer service is lacking now a days. They shouldn't have released the truck or bug package if all the parts weren’t ready. To give people their ordered truck without the parts that they PAID for is basically fraud. It would be one thing if they delivered my truck and told me that the bed steps aren’t ready yet, as soon as they are, we’ll get you in and get it put on. They didn’t do that. They gave people their trucks and said nothing. To make it worse, you can’t get any answers.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score

They’ve had plenty of time here’s the press release from February.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Lol - the RAM intake took way longer than this. People with that attitude is why I am glad I no longer work retail. Sure you could waste everyone time by forcing them to attempt to get an answer. Let's see how that would go.. Call Center Rep > Floor Sup > Call Center Manager > Call Center Director > Regional Manager (None of these people will have any idea) > Executive Contact in FCA (probably jumping a few steps here) and this guy says "No ETA, still working on it". As long as you have a promise to have the part (which it sounds like you do), then that is acceptable. Also they provided you with a bed step, did they not? Maybe I missed it but I haven't seen exactly where they promise that specific bedstep, even if it may be common sense. Either way it's a bed step - the bumper already has one built in so it's not a huge deal.

Jester

Reaction score
Lol - the RAM intake took way longer than this. People with that attitude is why I am glad I no longer work retail. Sure you could waste everyone time by forcing them to attempt to get an answer. Let's see how that would go.. Call Center Rep > Floor Sup > Call Center Manager > Call Center Director > Regional Manager (None of these people will have any idea) > Executive Contact in FCA (probably jumping a few steps here) and this guy says "No ETA, still working on it". As long as you have a promise to have the part (which it sounds like you do), then that is acceptable. Also they provided you with a bed step, did they not? Maybe I missed it but I haven't seen exactly where they promise that specific bedstep, even if it may be common sense. Either way it's a bed step - the bumper already has one built in so it's not a huge deal.
Your still missing the point and acting like it’s such a hard thing to do. People with that attitude is why customer service sucks. Nobody wants to do their job. Waaaah!! I have to make a few phone calls/emails and follow up with the customer!! Do. Your. Job. They don’t know the answer, so that’s it. You’re making it more complicated then it has to be. They work for Ram. The people in charge know where they can get the answer. I’ll make it more simple. You order a Big Mac, fries, a coke, and pay. You did not get your fries and tell them. Would you accept “There are no more fries and we don’t know when there will be” as an answer?

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Your still missing the point and acting like it’s such a hard thing to do. People with that attitude is why customer service sucks. Nobody wants to do their job. Waaaah!! I have to make a few phone calls/emails and follow up with the customer!! Do. Your. Job. They don’t know the answer, so that’s it. You’re making it more complicated then it has to be. They work for Ram. The people in charge know where they can get the answer. I’ll make it more simple. You order a Big Mac, fries, a coke, and pay. You did not get your fries and tell them. Would you accept “There are no more fries and we don’t know when there will be” as an answer?

It's not wanting to do their job - it's knowing the answer they tell you today is the same answer they will get after moving it up the chain for two weeks, and having to follow up with you everyday to keep you happy.

Yes I would because they don't know when the next truck delivery of fries is coming, and it probably won't be there in the next five minutes, even if it was I am not going to sit around and wait for the truck to unload and the fries to be cooked. In that situation I would either get money back, or another side. If it was Chic-Fil-A - they would probably give me a few free meal coupons as well.

Jester

Reaction score
It's not wanting to do their job - it's knowing the answer they tell you today is the same answer they will get after moving it up the chain for two weeks, and having to follow up with you everyday to keep you happy.

Yes I would because they don't know when the next truck delivery of fries is coming, and it probably won't be there in the next five minutes, even if it was I am not going to sit around and wait for the truck to unload and the fries to be cooked. In that situation I would either get money back, or another side. If it was Chic-Fil-A - they would probably give me a few free meal coupons as well.
There is always an E.T.A. Someone at Ram knows it. Probably several people. It might take a little effort to find out what people and get the answer, but if you chose to take a job in customer service, then that’s what you do.

You saying you would get your money back or order another side proves that saying “I don’t know when” is not an acceptable answer. I was not offered my money back. The wrong bed step (another side) is also not acceptable. Every picture or video of the MFT shows the bigger step. The step that goes with the MFT is different because of the way the MFT operates. The other one will not work because the left side of the tailgate would be in your way.

You say you would not sit around and wait for the truck to unload and the fries to be cooked because that would be unacceptable. The correct step supposedly isn’t available yet, so I have no choice but to wait. Which is also unacceptable, but there is no other acceptable option, which you’ve proven, so thank-you.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
There is always an E.T.A. Someone at Ram knows it. Probably several people. It might take a little effort to find out what people and get the answer, but if you chose to take a job in customer service, then that’s what you do.

You saying you would get your money back or order another side proves that saying “I don’t know when” is not an acceptable answer. I was not offered my money back. The wrong bed step (another side) is also not acceptable. Every picture or video of the MFT shows the bigger step. The step that goes with the MFT is different because of the way the MFT operates. The other one will not work because the left side of the tailgate would be in your way.

You say you would not sit around and wait for the truck to unload and the fries to be cooked because that would be unacceptable. The correct step supposedly isn’t available yet, so I have no choice but to wait. Which is also unacceptable, but there is no other acceptable option, which you’ve proven, so thank-you.

So if they just made up an ETA, how would you know the difference? Most of this stuff gets pushed back anyways.. but hey if it helps you sleep better at night, whatever. I am sure if you asked for refund they would give it to you.

RSConsulting

Reaction score
What I found UNCONSCIONABLE in the whole "BUG SCAM" - is that a "new truck" with the "BUG Option" - only includes the rails and movable tie-downs - which only cost $250 MSRP at the actual mopar factory store - yet they charge you $445 on the sticker. TOTAL RIPOFF, even factoring in "installation cost (which is probably all of 10 minutes on the assembly line with air tools).

If you're "negotiating" for the truck - you can try and insisted they give you a "we owe" for the step (make SURE you have them put the CORRECT PART NUMBER on the contract), or else knock the cost of the BUG off your price (after you've already negotiated the price).

I'm almost regretting getting the MFT - since NOTHING WORKS WITH IT (covers/toppers/etc.).

Another truck I was looking at (I looked at 3 - two 4X4's without MFT, and a 2X4 with the MFT that I eventually got). One of the 4X's was $2K higher than the other, for options I didn't want (BUG, skid plates, etc.) and I essentially got them to knock them off the price (take em off the truck and keep them - I don't want them, and not paying for them) - So they came in within $100 of the other 4X I was looking at.

The MFT was something I REALLY WANTED - for the type of work I do, and I don't want to be having to REACH OVER a dropped tailgate to access the bed. So I ended up with the 4X2 (really don't need the 4X4 anyways, living in SoFla and not doing any off-roading).

So MFT is a PITA - and the BUG with rails only is a total and absolute RIPOFF. OTOH - I did get a Limited with every conceivable option, at a price I thought was reasonable - and I got more than I expected for my '16 Honda Pilot Touring with 100K miles on it.

YMMV...

Rick

Jester

Reaction score
What I found UNCONSCIONABLE in the whole "BUG SCAM" - is that a "new truck" with the "BUG Option" - only includes the rails and movable tie-downs - which only cost $250 MSRP at the actual mopar factory store - yet they charge you $445 on the sticker. TOTAL RIPOFF, even factoring in "installation cost (which is probably all of 10 minutes on the assembly line with air tools).

If you're "negotiating" for the truck - you can try and insisted they give you a "we owe" for the step (make SURE you have them put the CORRECT PART NUMBER on the contract), or else knock the cost of the BUG off your price (after you've already negotiated the price).

I'm almost regretting getting the MFT - since NOTHING WORKS WITH IT (covers/toppers/etc.).

Another truck I was looking at (I looked at 3 - two 4X4's without MFT, and a 2X4 with the MFT that I eventually got). One of the 4X's was $2K higher than the other, for options I didn't want (BUG, skid plates, etc.) and I essentially got them to knock them off the price (take em off the truck and keep them - I don't want them, and not paying for them) - So they came in within $100 of the other 4X I was looking at.

The MFT was something I REALLY WANTED - for the type of work I do, and I don't want to be having to REACH OVER a dropped tailgate to access the bed. So I ended up with the 4X2 (really don't need the 4X4 anyways, living in SoFla and not doing any off-roading).

So MFT is a PITA - and the BUG with rails only is a total and absolute RIPOFF. OTOH - I did get a Limited with every conceivable option, at a price I thought was reasonable - and I got more than I expected for my '16 Honda Pilot Touring with 100K miles on it.

YMMV...

Rick
You are absolutely right. The package is the “Bed Utility GROUP”. Not the “Bed Utility ITEM”. Four things are in the “Group”. If things are missing, it should be priced accordingly. $445 for the four items and still $445 for only one item is wrong.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I feel like the corner step was not included on some of the earlier production 19’s either that were ordered with them. I’m sure y’all will get your step once they have it as it was listed as part of the package and the corner step doesn’t work properly with the MFT.

Jester

Reaction score
I feel like the corner step was not included on some of the earlier production 19’s either that were ordered with them. I’m sure y’all will get your step once they have it as it was listed as part of the package and the corner step doesn’t work properly with the MFT.
Yeah, most likely. I just hate waiting and the non-answer as to when makes it even worse!!

Last edited:

Jester

Reaction score
Another update...

The salesman called me today and now I’m being told “they are not making that step”. The video of the MFT on RAM’s website is there right now showing it. I am beyond frustrated with this....

Users who are viewing this thread