5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bed Step Install Doc and Pics

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I placed my order last Wednesday and I don't have tracking info yet. I'm only a 2 day ship from NC. Looks like I got skipped somehow. Man that's messed up. I sure wish they would provide a phone number so you could actually talk to someone.

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Paid for mine a while back at the dealership. Just picked up the truck after they put on the OEM Power Steps and added the trailer brake controller. I wasn’t expecting the Bed Step yet but the nice lady in the parts department said she left a present for me in the backseat. Whoa! It was my bed step. About to grab my work light and lay under the truck. Right after I briefly look at the destructions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris

Reaction score
I placed my order last Wednesday and I don't have tracking info yet. I'm only a 2 day ship from NC. Looks like I got skipped somehow. Man that's messed up. I sure wish they would provide a phone number so you could actually talk to someone.
They list their phone number, 888-610-4996, in your order confirmation email with a comment to call if you have any questions about your order.

Realtyman

Reaction score
Paid for mine a while back at the dealership. Just picked up the truck after they put on the OEM Power Steps and added the trailer brake controller. I wasn’t expecting the Bed Step yet but the nice lady in the parts department said she left a present for me in the backseat. Whoa! It was my bed step. About to grab my work light and lay under the truck. Right after I briefly look at the destructions.

Make sure you have a friend help you (or use a floor jack).

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Make sure you have a friend help you (or use a floor jack).

Well, too late for that. I have the Ready Lift Kit on my truck though so it helps having those few extra inches. My knee worked pretty well in place of a floor jack. I like it, the only thing I’m a little concerned about is that the bracket makes contact with the resonator when I push it back in. If I am the only one having that issue I am guessing it’s because I put on the FlowMaster Direct Fit and I am thinking I pushed the resonators back a little with my install. So it’s a little noisy when I let it fly shut and I’m a little worried about the heat.

Ranchram

Reaction score
Mine also hits the resonator when I push it back in. I have started to retract it by pushing the tab in from the side of the truck and that works fine and it retracts slower.

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Mine also hits the resonator when I push it back in. I have started to retract it by pushing the tab in from the side of the truck and that works fine and it retracts slower.

Good to know. I am thinking that is why the step was on Engineering Review now. When I started it up there was a bit of a rattle. Not sure what to do now. I guess it could be a good reason to get that resonator delete now. And here I thought I was done.

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Mine clears everything fine. Must have gotten lucky. (No exhaust mods)

When I look at the rubber hangar for the resonator it is pushed quite a bit forward. I loosened up the clamp on the flowmaster to see if I could sleeve it a little bit more. I think it moved a little but not enough. I think for now I might try some high heat tape to minimize the impact and any rattle on the resonator.

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Mine does not hit the exhaust, there is sufficient clearance between the step and everything else under my truck.

Just curious if your resonator is behind the step or off to the side? And how much clearance would you say you have.

JV77

Reaction score
Just curious if your resonator is behind the step or off to the side? And how much clearance would you say you have.

Sorry, I do not recall actually. I wasn't really paying attention to what I was working around under there, just trying not to drop the step on myself while installing it. I will try to get a picture for you soon, but unfortunately it has been snowing here and everything is pretty caked up with snow today. Maybe someone who doesn't have snow can chime in with a picture in the meantime?

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
I will try and grab a pic of where mine is hitting later today. But from what I recall it was the inside corner of the “elbow” on the step hitting the outside corner of the resonator.

bonebro

Reaction score
Anyone know of another place to purchase the step??? I got denied by moparamerica yesterday - OOS - and my dealer said they cant order it b/c it is on hold for redesign.

Users who are viewing this thread